LionessDeon

medical result not ready for interview

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please tell me why any of this would have any bearing on holding up results.

if he were positive they may want to double check because it could lead to a 1-year holding period before he has to retest and do the interview. Maybe just getting all their ducks in a row.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You never answered if he does smoke.. or did. Might be a factor.

How? Why?

When I originally posted this I was just upset they didn't contact him ahead of time. And yes also had my heart set on him having everything the embassy needed to make a decision. He and I totally believed what the hospital told him. Now, I'm hearing they may have lied. So I'm not trying to be defensive or rude....just more curious. I'm learning the hard way that other countries have a whole different way of operating business than the USA.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

if he were positive they may want to double check because it could lead to a 1-year holding period before he has to retest and do the interview. Maybe just getting all their ducks in a row.

OK thank you!! So they would retest? Or just take more time to review and write their report, I guess?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

OK thank you!! So they would retest? Or just take more time to review and write their report, I guess?

if he tests positive for marijuana he will have to test negative for a year with monthly tests before he is admitted to the US.

Timeline

if he tests positive for marijuana he will have to test negative for a year with monthly tests before he is admitted to the US.

Ok yes I knew this part....I just didn't know they hold up medical packet pick up for this.

Filed: Timeline

Ms Lioness...you said they gave you

the reason its held up. Andrews cannot

jeopardize their contract with the

consulate by lying to applicants...its

not the run of the mill dealings as with local

affairs, so if he admitted to smoking,

have something in his system & they are

sure it would be in a sealed envelope

now has to wait on not second guess things

& stress yourself, misery LOVES company &

all you can do is wait.

Worst case scenario is if he smoked that

would set him back 12 mths....Lots of JAs

at times shows positive/negative for TB due

to childhood tuberlin shot...if so all they

is some kind of spit-um tests then some meds

if confirmed positive.Where does he travel from to Kgn

Have him go to interview and the packet they

will address he either pick up with a 221G

or Andrews sends it over....stressing wont help

good luck

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have never heard of those with positive drug tests having their medical packet being held. Regardless of if he smokes has no relevance on his medical packet being completed.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Ms Lioness...you said they gave you

the reason its held up. Andrews cannot

jeopardize their contract with the

consulate by lying to applicants...its

not the run of the mill dealings as with local

affairs, so if he admitted to smoking,

have something in his system & they are

sure it would be in a sealed envelope

now has to wait on not second guess things

& stress yourself, misery LOVES company &

all you can do is wait.

Worst case scenario is if he smoked that

would set him back 12 mths....Lots of JAs

at times shows positive/negative for TB due

to childhood tuberlin shot...if so all they

is some kind of spit-um tests then some meds

if confirmed positive.Where does he travel from to Kgn

Have him go to interview and the packet they

will address he either pick up with a 221G

or Andrews sends it over....stressing wont help

good luck

I have never heard of those with positive drug tests having their medical packet being held. Regardless of if he smokes has no relevance on his medical packet being completed.

Thank you both so very very much. I cannot express how much the two of you have helped me either directly or indirectly as I read your posts to others. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Blessings!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

i don't know about jamaica. but when i did my medicals in Ghana and i was going for the results, it was not ready because the doctor to sign the X-ray report was not available but i had enough time before my interview so i was able to go back the following week for it. take it easy but my question is: is it the norm in jamaica that the medical facility posts the medical results to the embassy? if not then why your case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh sweetie so sorry for ALL you going thru I know how you feel not been able to be there stresses you more sending positive vibes your way from one soldier to another but like others already said nothing else to do but wait I will have you both in my prayers God Bless you...

Timeline

I truly believe this is the case with us also. A doctor's report is missing.

Posts medical results? I'm not sure what you mean. From what I understand, the beneficiary goes back to pick up the medical result packet to take to the embassy interview. I was mistaken in my earlier post when I stated that the hospital will deliver the results to the embassy. That is not the case. He has to go back and pick it up and take it to the embassy himself or pay for delivery I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh sweetie so sorry for ALL you going thru I know how you feel not been able to be there stresses you more sending positive vibes your way from one soldier to another but like others already said nothing else to do but wait I will have you both in my prayers God Bless you...

Timeline

My dear friend thank you! These kind words have made my day!

Timeline

Case status shows refused.

Seeing that word made my heart drop. Should it show that or administrative processing?

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.