AmarilloByMorning

Service Center question...

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!! :)

In my particular case, I had to send my I-129F to Texas because I lived in Florida, so, yes, the place where you live determines the Service Center where you will be processed.

In fact, I remember the part where it says: if you live in (a list of states including Florida), please, send your application to Texas Service Center.

BUT!! When my case was in the middle of the process, Texas Service Center transferred some cases to California Service Center in order to speed them up and mine was one of them.

So, be ready for anything with USCIS.

Hope this helped...

Regards and good luck,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

In my particular case, I had to send my I-129F to Texas because I lived in Florida, so, yes, the place where you live determines the Service Center where you will be processed.

In fact, I remember the part where it says: if you live in (a list of states including Florida), please, send your application to Texas Service Center.

BUT!! When my case was in the middle of the process, Texas Service Center transferred some cases to California Service Center in order to speed them up and mine was one of them.

Hope this helped...

Regards and good luck,

Thanks! This was very helpful actually. We sent it to the Dallas Lockbox, so other members have mentioned that from the Lockbox, the CSC will be the SC our case is assigned to. We're preparing for anything and everything at this point. They might take a while with our packet, because we sent in SO MUCH information. Maybe it was too much, but I would rather send too much than get a RFE. So I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thank you!

Dec. 04, 2014 - Form I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox Facility.

Dec. 05, 2014 - Form I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox Facility @ 1100h.
Dec. 09, 2014 - Money Order presented for payment by USCIS.

Dec. 09, 2014 - NOA1 date as stated in hardcopy received on Dec. 15, 2014.

Dec. 15, 2014 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in the mail! California Service Center, baby! :dance:

Dec. 30, 2014 - NOA2 eNotification sent to me while visiting my honey!

Jan. 05, 2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy received while visiting the honey <3 Mom didn't check the mail for a few days so we're thinking it did actually show up on the 5th or so.

Jan. 14, 2015 - NVC received.

Jan. 16, 2015 - Case #, IIN assigned.

Jan. 21, 2015 - NVC says IN TRANSIT TO AMSTERDAM! :goofy:

Jan. 26, 2015 - Arrived at U.S. Consulate in Amsterdam!
Jan. 30, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Mar. 11, 2015 - Medical
Mar. 19, 2015 - INTERVIEW! - APPROVED!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2015 - POE Philidelphia
Jul. 3, 2015 - MARRRRRIEDDDDDDDD <3<3<3<3

Timeline

I have sent my petition on 28th November and USCIS has not cashed my check. I'm still waiting , its hard to stay calm but prepare yourself for everything.

Wish you luck

Thank you and good luck to you, as well!

Dec. 15, 2014 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in the mail! California Service Center, baby! :dance:

Jan. 05, 2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy received while visiting the honey <3 Mom didn't check the mail for a few days so we're thinking it did actually show up on the 5th or so.

Mar. 11, 2015 - Medical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

USPS deliveries go to the Dallas Lockbox

FedEx deliveries go to the Lewisville Address

They are like Lainie at the same location. Just watch for your check to be cashed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hope this helped...

Regards and good luck,

This is the mistake that so many people make and one of the reasons why the timelines are so inaccurate now. You did not send your application to TSC, but rather it was routed there by USCIS.

Timeline

USPS deliveries go to the Dallas Lockbox

FedEx deliveries go to the Lewisville Address

They are like Lainie at the same location. Just watch for your check to be cashed.

From what I understand, as is stated on the USCIS site, homepage for Form I-129F, it says that USPS EXPRESS MAIL goes to the Lewisville address. We used USPS Priority Mail Express, so we sent it to the Lewisville address.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

We're watching for the check to be cashed. Thanks for your reply!

Edited by AmarilloByMorning

Mar. 11, 2015 - Medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hope this helped...

Regards and good luck,

There is nowhere in the I-129F instructions that tells you to mail your petition to any particular service center based on the state you live in. It has been this way since 2010. Where you live makes NO difference in where you mail the I-129F petition. ALL I-129F petitions are mailed to the Dallas Lockbox address. The Texas address used to mail the I-129F petitions to is not the Texas Service Center. It is an intake facility. That intake facility sorts through the submissions checking to be sure all the basics of your package are in order, cashes the check, and forwards them onto the appropriate service center. Currently the two service centers processing the I-129F petitions are the TSC and the CSC.

I-129F mailing instructions > http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Where to File

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports -topic is filing/case status ~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Be very thankful you did not go to VSC.,.,.the "depths of He--" when it comes to K-1 visas. My wife and I was there for 186 days, in 2013, before NOA 2.

There is no easy K-1, but as far as a start, you could not ask for a better out come, CSC.,.,.,is always ahead of TSC.

Read this site, daily, learn Igor's List and how to read it, and learn from this web site, the people here (not me) are experts, and know what they are talking about!

Read daily, keep your time line up-dated,and learn.,.,,.and ""Good Luck""..,.,.you seem like a nice guy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is nowhere in the I-129F instructions that tells you to mail your petition to any particular service center based on the state you live in. It has been this way since 2010. Where you live makes NO difference in where you mail the I-129F petition. ALL I-129F petitions are mailed to the Dallas Lockbox address. The Texas address used to mail the I-129F petitions to is not the Texas Service Center. It is an intake facility. That intake facility sorts through the submissions checking to be sure all the basics of your package are in order, cashes the check, and forwards them onto the appropriate service center. Currently the two service centers processing the I-129F petitions are the TSC and the CSC.

I-129F mailing instructions > http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Where to File

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports -topic is filing/case status ~

Hello, AmarilloByMorning:

I filed my I-129F petition on April this year and YES, as I said before, there was a list with US states and their respective Service Centers. However, the link and info provided on KayDeeCee's post belong to the new version of USCIS website, which is even better... so, take a look at it... here goes the link that you need.. Good luck, my friend!! :)

Timeline

Be very thankful you did not go to VSC.,.,.the "depths of He--" when it comes to K-1 visas. My wife and I was there for 186 days, in 2013, before NOA 2.

There is no easy K-1, but as far as a start, you could not ask for a better out come, CSC.,.,.,is always ahead of TSC.

Read this site, daily, learn Igor's List and how to read it, and learn from this web site, the people here (not me) are experts, and know what they are talking about!

Read daily, keep your time line up-dated,and learn.,.,,.and ""Good Luck""..,.,.you seem like a nice guy!

I absolutely will take your advice, and I appreciate it a lot! I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. And thanks! I am a nice guy haha ;) well, gal. Hope you're doing well ;) I'm actually the petitioner, my fiance Lee (beneficiary) typically lets me handle our K1 stuff. I'm too much of perfectionist and I don't think he wants to deal with my craziness! haha.

I filed my I-129F petition on April this year and YES, as I said before, there was a list with US states and their respective Service Centers. However, the link and info provided on KayDeeCee's post belong to the new version of USCIS website, which is even better... so, take a look at it... here goes the link that you need.. Good luck, my friend!! :)

Thanks again! I appreciate it a lot :) Good luck to you, too, bud!

Mar. 11, 2015 - Medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you file before the summer of 2010? The latest website update for the USCIS site did not change the filing instructions listed there. As I said, once upon a time you would mail the I-129F directly to a service center depending on the state you lived in, but that has not been the case for over 4 years now. The instructions for everyone to mail their petitions to the Dallas Lockbox have been in effect since Aug 3, 2010. > http://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/change-filing-location-form-i-129f-petition-alien-fiancee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.