LionessDeon

Appointment Letter - Jamaica

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone just an update. I have gone back and forth in several emails with the Embassy. Several different emails they informed me to register and follow the instructions. All of us have done this but did not know what to do at the point where it instructed you to STOP and only proceed once you have your Appointment Letter. The last email I received gave me the same instructions so this time I decided to proceed and we chose our own Appointment Date and I emailed the confirmation page to the Embassy and told them if I was not to proceed to please let me know and what I needed to do to correct this error. I received an email today telling me that I proceeded correctly and that K1 Visa Applicants can now schedule their own Appointments. Which I believe another member also said this. So for those of you waiting...there you have it. Not only did I receive an email from the Kingston email address I also received one from an actual person. I pray this information will help someone and you will not experience the confusion and frustration that alot of us experienced. Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone just an update. I have gone back and forth in several emails with the Embassy. Several different emails they informed me to register and follow the instructions. All of us have done this but did not know what to do at the point where it instructed you to STOP and only proceed once you have your Appointment Letter. The last email I received gave me the same instructions so this time I decided to proceed and we chose our own Appointment Date and I emailed the confirmation page to the Embassy and told them if I was not to proceed to please let me know and what I needed to do to correct this error. I received an email today telling me that I proceeded correctly and that K1 Visa Applicants can now schedule their own Appointments. Which I believe another member also said this. So for those of you waiting...there you have it. Not only did I receive an email from the Kingston email address I also received one from an actual person. I pray this information will help someone and you will not experience the confusion and frustration that alot of us experienced. Good Luck!

We did also receive an appointment letter finally as well. So we have that along with our confirmation page.

Best of Luck to everyone in this confusion!

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

His total cost for medical including 3 immunizations was $10,250 jmd (3 jooks). All together $10,250

Ok so I misunderstood him apparently. I knew the exam fee itself was gonna be around $110 USD but I promise I asked him several times what was the TOTAL COST and he kept saying $10,250 jmd. Ok i didnt misunderstand him HE MISUNDERSTOOD ME!!! LOL!! Add another $10,000 jmd for a total of around $20,000 jmd. I swear he frustrates me to high heaven

Timeline

Ok so I misunderstood him apparently. I knew the exam fee itself was gonna be around $110 USD but I promise I asked him several times what was the TOTAL COST and he kept saying $10,250 jmd. Ok i didnt misunderstand him HE MISUNDERSTOOD ME!!! LOL!! Add another $10,000 jmd for a total of around $20,000 jmd. I swear he frustrates me to high heaven

My fiancé went today in Kingston.

$14,000JA medical exam

$15,000JA immunizations

Which is what they told me over the phone also. He did not have his immunization card

Timeline

Can anyone tell me if the price for medical the same at both facilities? Thank you for your help.

No I don't know. You can call to verify fees. The numbers should be on the medical form instruction sheet. My fiancé got MMR, tetanus, flu, small pox.

• 3 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 6:12 AM, Kim and Jermaine said:

Yes everyone its ok to do what is said to do in the email. Schedule your own appointment. The confirmation page is accepted by the medical facility no appointment letter will be issued. Not sure if its the new system or just temporary to cut through paperwork during the holidays.

Correct me if you I'm wrong. But the confirmation page that you are referring to is the one the you printed when you scheduled the appointment...correct which is also the one you take with you to the embassy as well.

• 4 months later...
Timeline
On 3/27/2018 at 9:00 AM, Dorena27 said:

Correct me if you I'm wrong. But the confirmation page that you are referring to is the one the you printed when you scheduled the appointment...correct which is also the one you take with you to the embassy as well.

Yes, the one that you print off at the time you schedule is all you need.

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/12/2014 at 6:04 PM, LionessDeon said:

No I don't know. You can call to verify fees. The numbers should be on the medical form instruction sheet. My fiancé got MMR, tetanus, flu, small pox.

Hi did you have to make the medical appointment or they contacted you with the medical appointment after you made your interview date 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, Janique pine said:

Hi did you have to make the medical appointment or they contacted you with the medical appointment after you made your interview date 

Back then the embassy sent a letter to Andrews and then you could call and make the appointment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.