LionessDeon

Appointment Letter - Jamaica

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes everyone its ok to do what is said to do in the email. Schedule your own appointment. The confirmation page is accepted by the medical facility no appointment letter will be issued. Not sure if its the new system or just temporary to cut through paperwork during the holidays.

Yes I just got off the telephone with someone who seemed to know exactly what is going on and what to do! The joy!! She verified that our visa appt is set! You can schedule your own interview appt, that they have began to do this to make it more convenient for the applicant to choose a date that works for them.

She also stated that sometime the embassy mails out an appt letter and sometimes they do not. She said the embassy and the medical facilities are now accepting the email confirmation pages. She is emailing us another one just in case, since all we have is the print out from the ais.usvisa-info webpage.

I told her it was so confusing because of that page you get after paying that says do not continue. She stated that if you got the email with the instructions telling you to register, pay, and schedule then it is ok to proceed.

So his medical is this week and interview next week. :dance: Best of Luck to everyone this friday and next!!

Timeline

Did you call the number? They will not let him complete his medical examination without his appointment letter. They can e-mail him his letter. This going back and forth can kick rocks.

Hi all I called NVC because I am also in the same boat and was informed that now that our package is at the Embassy they are the only ones that will be able to extend our package. I have also called the number that was provided several times and their only instruction is to send an email. We have been sending emails since October. My biggest concern is that they say that you need to bring the Appointment Letter with you to the Medical Appointment so we have not picked our own Appointment Date because we don't want the delays. Our paperwork is supposed to expire January 15th so we are really concerned right now. My hope is that because things are being delayed because of the changes they're implementing that we will not be penalized and will have no problems with getting dates for our finances to complete this process.

I sent an email to them again last week. I will definitely make sure I share whatever information I get. Sending good vibes out to everyone that things will work out for us all.

I called the help number today. The woman who answered was able to give me answers this time!

If you have received the instruction sheet that says register, pay, and schedule you can do so. The embassy wants you to schedule your own appt to make it more convenient for the applicant. Print the confirmation page after scheduling to use for the medical and interview. The embassy is not sending out appt letters for all cases. She assured me the medical facilities and the embassy will accept these confirmation pages.

Best of Luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes I just got off the telephone with someone who seemed to know exactly what is going on and what to do! The joy!! She verified that our visa appt is set! You can schedule your own interview appt, that they have began to do this to make it more convenient for the applicant to choose a date that works for them.

She also stated that sometime the embassy mails out an appt letter and sometimes they do not. She said the embassy and the medical facilities are now accepting the email confirmation pages. She is emailing us another one just in case, since all we have is the print out from the ais.usvisa-info webpage.

I told her it was so confusing because of that page you get after paying that says do not continue. She stated that if you got the email with the instructions telling you to register, pay, and schedule then it is ok to proceed.

So his medical is this week and interview next week. :dance: Best of Luck to everyone this friday and next!!

Hi can you provide me with the number that you called because I would love to speak with someone...I'm feeling really confused right now.

I just received an email from the Embassy and it said "As soon as an appointment is scheduled, the applicant will receive the Appointment mailed to the address on file."

I would love to speak with an actual person.

Thanks for updating and good luck with the Interview.

Timeline

Hi can you provide me with the number that you called because I would love to speak with someone...I'm feeling really confused right now.

I just received an email from the Embassy and it said "As soon as an appointment is scheduled, the applicant will receive the Appointment mailed to the address on file."

I would love to speak with an actual person.

Thanks for updating and good luck with the Interview.

876-632-7400 press 1 for Jamaica/English. Then it says press 2 for non immigrant press 3 for immigrant

I didn't know which so pressed 3. Got a woman, wish I would've wrote down her name because now I can't remember it. She was very helpful. She said for K1 it doesn't matter if u press 2 or 3. either one will work.

Timeline

876-632-7400 press 1 for Jamaica/English. Then it says press 2 for non immigrant press 3 for immigrant

I didn't know which so pressed 3. Got a woman, wish I would've wrote down her name because now I can't remember it. She was very helpful. She said for K1 it doesn't matter if u press 2 or 3. either one will work.

Thank you...I hope I get someone as helpful as the person you spoke with because I'm so frustrated right now.

Timeline

Totally confused :(( I called just now and spoke to two different individuals who said I should not continue until I have received an appointment letter and that I should email the Kingston embassy...........this is even worse than waiting for noa2..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Totally confused :(( I called just now and spoke to two different individuals who said I should not continue until I have received an appointment letter and that I should email the Kingston embassy...........this is even worse than waiting for noa2..

Hi All,

I called today and spoke to someone who seemed helpful. Most times when you call they only ask for your name. The young lady i spoke to today asked for my fiance passport number and said she sees that we registered and paid for the visa fee and to wait until we receive a appointment letter. I asked her about the expiration date issue and she said, this is a front desk office, we do not have access to that, email the embassy email who will send a response, but so far i have done the correct thing by not completing step 5 in the asis website because we need to have an appointment letter. looking at the travel.state.gov website, it states the i129f can be extended if expired by the consular officer. In my situation we have to just wait but at least someone explained in detail to me that in my case we have done all we can do for now.... this is so stressfull!! <_<

Timeline

Hi All,

I called today and spoke to someone who seemed helpful. Most times when you call they only ask for your name. The young lady i spoke to today asked for my fiance passport number and said she sees that we registered and paid for the visa fee and to wait until we receive a appointment letter. I asked her about the expiration date issue and she said, this is a front desk office, we do not have access to that, email the embassy email who will send a response, but so far i have done the correct thing by not completing step 5 in the asis website because we need to have an appointment letter. looking at the travel.state.gov website, it states the i129f can be extended if expired by the consular officer. In my situation we have to just wait but at least someone explained in detail to me that in my case we have done all we can do for now.... this is so stressfull!! <_<

Well I guess we wait now.

Edited by RR & SJ

Timeline

Sounds like the lady I got except she clearly told me as long as I get the instruction sheet that says register, pay, & schedule u could go ahead and online schedule. She took our passport number and check our status as well too.

I hope everyone gets scheduled soon!

Timeline

Jermaine had his medical exam today. He said they asked if he received an appointment letter and he told them no. He showed them the registration page/receipt and email confirmation page and also the emails from Kingston IV that said he would not get an appointment letter. He said once they saw the registration page printout that they were satisfied. Also having his passport was a must! If you dont take the passport they will send you home to get it.

He took the updated medical history form which he had completed but they said they had to fill it out themselves so dont worry about filling out it out beforehand.

He had to get 3 immunizations. Influenza, tetanus and chickenpox. His total cost was $10,250 jmd.

His appointment time was 10:00 a.m. but he didnt get out til 5:30 p.m. So make sure they are prepared to buy food and drink during that time. He said they did the exam in sections with a lengthy wait between each. He goes back Thursday to pick up the completed sealed paperwork to hand in at interview. So glad this part is over LOL! Good luck ladies and gentlemen! !!

Timeline

He took his immunization card with him so it saved him from having to get more unnecessary immunizations.

So the immunizations were $10,000 plus the exam fee? That is exactly what the lady told me today that the confirmation page will be accepted. Not sure why they're still telling people to wait for appt letter and not schedule. But anywho thanks so much for the update!!

Timeline

Well what do you know....just received an email with our official packet 4, the appointment letter and medical form. I assume they send by email now and not regular mail. So there it is...just in time! :dancing:

The medical form looks exactly like the "old" one so I'm not sure what they updated. However it only lists one medical facility now instead of the 3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.