acabrera7186

k1 denial to nvc then back to santo Domingo

15 posts in this topic

Hey so here is my short story I applied for a k1 visa my interview was aug 12 got denied because they though I was helping him total b.s. it went to ap and oct 30 they sent it to nvc I called nvc and said they recieved it the 28 of November and that it was in processing and would be sent back to santo Domingo not uscis I called twice and they told me the same what do you guys think

If your petition was recommended for revocation then it's probably being returned to USCIS.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes it goes back to USCIS where they will hold it until it enters some dark hole. I would suggest you find out why you were denied, fix the problem, and start over with a new I-129f or fix the problem get married and file I-130.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Ok so i dont understand why does it go to nvc if they don't do anything just a waste of time and I dont know the reason of my denial i got interview by 2 people one said that I was helping him and the other said she didn't believe the relationship and when they gave me the 221 it said it had inaccurate information that's all nothing more nothing less and it doesn't say what information n or document is Inaccurate what pissed me off is why would nvc say to me that they will send it back to the consulate

Ok so i dont understand why does it go to nvc if they don't do anything just a waste of time and I dont know the reason of my denial i got interview by 2 people one said that I was helping him and the other said she didn't believe the relationship and when they gave me the 221 it said it had inaccurate information that's all nothing more nothing less and it doesn't say what information n or document is Inaccurate what pissed me off is why would nvc say to me that they will send it back to the consulate

Many times they give wrong information to people, i have learned that sometimes people who work at the call center dont know nothing about what you ask.

So basically they had me happy and going crazy these people I swear so im guessing its going back to uscis how long will that take im going in January imma just get married im not waiting to do another k1 when the cr1 is so much better longer yeah but way better

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So basically they had me happy and going crazy these people I swear so im guessing its going back to uscis how long will that take im going in January imma just get married im not waiting to do another k1 when the cr1 is so much better longer yeah but way better

You could do the CR-1 Visa, however just know, your fiance will be under the same scrutiny and the CR-1 Visa, like the K-1 Visa does not necessarily mean a guaranteed entry to the USA. An I.O. can deny entry at POE.

I would make certain that before you re-apply for a K-1 or do a CR-1, that you overcome the suspicions of the consulate first and have concrete evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Well yeah this time Im getting hard evidence so they can make it clear that this is not a scam but I dont know how I can get a copy of the consulate review on us

I'm confused on why you had any interviews.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Is there anything in particular that stands out about your case? Previous relationships? Children with other people? Lack of recent visits? Age difference? Language barriers? Basically any red flags. Remember that DR is a high fraud country and they place a huge burden of proof on the applicants, especially for the K1.

Our K1 was denied and we just got married and went the CR1 route without issues. You do have to analyze the reasons why you may have been denied because you will be scrutinized regardless of the number of times you file.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Well I was married before but that was a while ago we have no children trips I go every year so that not the problem our age difference is just 4 years but im older he younger he learning English so I still dont understand why we were deny im trying to find out how i can get a copy of the consular review on us and how has the process been for the cr 1 with a k1 denial please do tell im trying to think of stronger evidence

Ok, since you said he's still learning English it may be due to the language barrier. Do you speak Spanish? Are you Dominican? Like I said, the DR is a high fraud country and language barriers would be bigger deal over there than it usually is. The age difference isn't a lot, they typically bother with differences of 10 years or more. If your divorce was final well before you two met, then that shouldn't be an issue either.

I can only speak for our situation. We were denied the K1 because they thought our relationship was fraudulent. Our case was sent back to USCIS. We got married a few months later and did the CR1. The petition was approved without issues and with little evidence. For the interview, we were given separate interviews then together, it wasn't too long and the CO was really friendly.

I think what messed us up the first time was that I wasn't able to attend the K1 interview and in the DR the petitioner is typically required in spouse/fiance cases. But that was our situation and we overcame it, but you guys definitely want to find out what was wrong the first time. I'm not sure how to request that info, or even if it's possible. FYI they usually write whatever they want anyway because in our case the CO said that my spouse submitted fraudulent docs o__O and she didn't even ask to see any of the evidence.

You don't have to wait for them to make a decision to get married, you can do that whenever you want. I personally wouldn't bother with the K1 anymore, but you have to go with sufficient evidence the next time around and be prepared to answer any question truthfully and completely. Also think about the answers you may have given, if one of you said something that didn't match up with what the other said or was confused and said something else.

Honestly though, sometimes it's not that you did anything wrong or that there were red flags, it may just be a matter of the CO not believing your relationship. I have seen it happen a couple of times on here and elsewhere. We didn't have any red flags in our case and were still accused by that one CO that our relationship wasn't genuine, yet the second time around we weren't given a hard time.

This is the best advice I can give you based on my experience and hope that everything works out for you guys. Good luck.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.