nickalc

Help/advice needed! What to do now?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I filed IR1 to get my wife into USA. I've met the 125% poverty guideline requirement. But the immigration officer still required another AOS from relative(s)/friend(s).

I wrote them explaining that I have a average income of $3,000 per month for the last few years. On 2011 and 2012, I visisted China only once a year to meet with my kid (US citizen) and my wife, for about two months, and my income for the two years was about $30,000. On 2013, I went to China twice for about four month in total, cuz my daughter was so adorable and growing fast that I really wanna spend some time with her; so my year 2013 income was only about $25,500, which still meets the 125% minimum for family size of 3. And this year, because of the denial of my wife's visa, I didn't visit China at all and I have made over $30,000 when I wrote to consular office last month; I mailed the year-to-date payroll to them as evidance.

Yet, apparently, the officer didn't care and still demanded a co-sponser.

I did try some relatives and friends, but people are either unable to help or unwilling to help.

I also checked out some immigration attorney/consultant offices, only one offered help, but asking $12,000 for a purchase of AOS, which is too much for me.

I've met the AOS minimum; I believed I had a valid reason for a lower income last year and that's the only year, and I showed them what I made this year. But the immigration office still demanded another AOS, which I can't get from real relatives/friends and can't afford to purchase from a fake friend.

Somebody please help/advice, what can I do now, and what should I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did you present assets to make up the difference ? If you fail to satisfy that requirement she will not get a visa. You would have to try again when you can afford her.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can buy a joint sponsor?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Did you present assets to make up the difference ? If you fail to satisfy that requirement she will not get a visa. You would have to try again when you can afford her.

I don't own a house or any property.

I did attach a bank statement during my last attempt, but it is a mere 15 grands back then.

Now my bank balance would be like 20 grands (didn't wire any money to my wife these two months). I'm afraid that won't make much difference.

You can buy a joint sponsor?

As stated in OP, I only found one offer of 12 grands, which is too hefty for me.

Timeline

i suggest you make and complete a new I-864, showing stuff current as of this week,

then get it to your wife, where she will submit it via CITIC BANK for Guangzhou IV,

with a cover letter to the IV Unit going over the ASSETS and CURRENT ANNUAL INCOME and PRIOR YEARS.

IMO, the Vice-Consul that interviewed her, reviewed the I-864, got something a little bit wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i suggest you make and complete a new I-864, showing stuff current as of this week,

then get it to your wife, where she will submit it via CITIC BANK for Guangzhou IV,

with a cover letter to the IV Unit going over the ASSETS and CURRENT ANNUAL INCOME and PRIOR YEARS.

IMO, the Vice-Consul that interviewed her, reviewed the I-864, got something a little bit wrong.

Thank you for your help!

I'd definitely try what you taught me, complete a new I-864 and gather most up-to-date financial documents, and write another cover letter explaining everything.

You know what, I do believe they make a mistake, but apparently they don't care and put the burden on me.

It wasn't a pleasant experience ever since National Visa Center. They asked me for AoS again and again which I did resubmitted and resubmitted, and they accused me of submitting an improper/incomplete unknown form, which just turned out to be that they are not talking about my application forms, cuz the item number and questions they stated does not even match the I-864 form.

One more question, is the official reviewing my documents the same one who interviewed my wife? If that's the same guy, I see a reason, some people just never admit their mistakes.

Not necessarily. However if you're still having issues with this same form, it's likely not them. There may be something you are doing or not doing, unknowingly, that is causing an issue.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's the followup.

I followed your advice and submitted a new I-864 form and now my wife got her visa.

Altogether, I've submitted like four or five I-864ez before; 2 or 3 for National Visa Center, and 2 more after my wife's failed visa interview.

So, apparently, the culprit was the I-864ez form.

All I can say is what the ####! If I-864ez is not acceptable, why do they provide that and mislead people?

Really odd since we used the i-864ez with zero issues but I'm happy you finally were able to appease the consulate and get the visa!

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Here's the followup.

I followed your advice and submitted a new I-864 form and now my wife got her visa.

Altogether, I've submitted like four or five I-864ez before; 2 or 3 for National Visa Center, and 2 more after my wife's failed visa interview.

So, apparently, the culprit was the I-864ez form.

All I can say is what the ####! If I-864ez is not acceptable, why do they provide that and mislead people?

I'm glad that it all got sorted and she's got her visa.

Don't know what to tell you about the I-864EZ vs the I-864, except the income 'type' is different on each form.

when's the planned pond jump into the USA?

[administrivia:

Please make an official VJ timeline, logged in on a PC, over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=197903

Thanks so much, and Thanks in advance ! ]

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Really odd since we used the i-864ez with zero issues but I'm happy you finally were able to appease the consulate and get the visa!

Then, maybe it's the Guangzhou consulate or that particular consul handling my wife's interview?

Don't know. But I'd suggest everyone to avoid I-864EZ.

Timeline

I'm glad that it all got sorted and she's got her visa.

Don't know what to tell you about the I-864EZ vs the I-864, except the income 'type' is different on each form.

when's the planned pond jump into the USA?

My family owe you a debt of gratitude for your help. :luv:

I just got my ticket going back to China next Sunday ($888, a good deal), and coming back to the States with my family on March 10.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.