Eric The Wait

Question regarding 34A of I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi: For question 34A of the I-129F I wish to enclose the following Attachment Sheet. Is this sufficient to avoid an RFE? At the interview in Tokyo my fiancé would present considerably more evidence of ongoing relationship; however, I am hoping it is not necessary to front load the I-129F with evidence of ongoing relationship at this stage as Question 34a simply requests information about the circumstances of how we met. Below please find my Attachment Sheet>>>>>

Attachment Sheet Regarding Part 2, Question 34A of Form I-129F.

We met online on September 25, 2013.

We first met in person when my alien fiancé visited me at my home at {Street Address Omitted Here}****** Road, Westfield, MA from the dates of May 2, 2014 through May 11, 2014.

On May 9, 2014 I formally proposed marriage and presented my alien fiancé with an engagement ring. Photographs taken at Richards Jewelers in Westfield, MA where the engagement ring was purchased are enclosed. Also enclosed is a copy of the engagement ring sales invoice and payment receipt.

We next met in person from the dates of August 28, 2014 through September 7, 2014 when my alien fiancé again came to the United States to visit me at my home.

Our third in person meeting occurred from the dates of December 3, 2014 through December 14, 2014 when I visited my alien fiancé at her home in Kawagoe, Japan.

Also enclosed with this Petition For Alien Fiancé please see photographs of us together during each of the three above referenced in person meetings. Additionally, please see enclosed copies of plane reservation e-tickets for each of the three in person meetings referenced above.

_________________ ________________________________
Date Eric Applebaum

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19
(G-1145 Email Receipt of case #: Never Received)
1/15/19: Called USCIS and given EAC Case Number

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You don't need that much info. One sentence saying, "We met online" is sufficient. They care more about evidence of you meeting in person at least once in the last two years and intent to marry. They care more about copies of travel documents, such as plane/train tickets, passport stamps, etc. As long as you can provide that, you're fine.

By the way, the Vermont Service center does not process K-1 visas now. It will be TSC if you live in Boston.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The supplement is fine. They are not really required, but some people like to add more information as you did. Proof of meeting are passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts from ATM withdrawals, credit card usage, purchases, hotel stays, etc. during the time of your visitation. Photos are secondary, and plane reservations do not show you actually got on the plane and took the trip.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks KayDeeCee for looking this over. Ooooh, the Passport Stamps is a great idea and your point makes sense. I will add those and take out the plane reservations.

Thanks USMSBOW, you also mentioned the Passport Stamps, which I should have thought of, but didn't. Also, thanks for the tip on the Vermont Center. I updated my profile accordingly.

:-)

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Looks good. My supplement was only one paragraph total and I did a bullet point timeline with dates of our in person meetings. I felt that made it quick and easy to spot our visits without having to read too much. EX:

• DATE - met online
  • DATE - met in person first time
  • DATE - met in person second time

Best of Luck!

Edited by LionessDeon

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you LionessDion for taking the time to comment!!!!!. I have been traveling...To Japan to see my fiancé :) , and just saw your reply.

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19

We chose to answer the question succinctly then wrote a separate letter outlining our relationship 'timeline' which is also a good option :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.