DavenRoxy

This Woman Has Been on Welfare for 12 Years

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You're correct. It's not only blacks who have single parent households. But blacks occupy most of them.

2qbu89x.jpg

According to childstats.gov, your claim would be false. It is true that 55% of black children live in single parent homes while only 21% of white kids do. However, white kids make up more than 73% of the children population while black children make up only 15%. Naturally, 21% of 73% of all children > 55% of 15% of all children. Thus, most children in single parent homes are white.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

According to childstats.gov, your claim would be false. It is true that 55% of black children live in single parent homes while only 21% of white kids do. However, white kids make up more than 73% of the children population while black children make up only 15%. Naturally, 21% of 73% of all children > 55% of 15% of all children. Thus, most children in single parent homes are white.

Duh. If 73% of the children population is white, then of course when comparing numbers white children will have greater numbers in single parent homes. However, when making a fair comparison using percentage as population, well you know the rest.

I assume you're making the above argument because you can't rely on the truth, which is fine. I'd expect no less from you. But on the off chance you're mathematically handicapped, I'm here to help.

Let use fruit. I'll even use your numbers. Let's say I have 7300 red apples and 1500 green apples. Using your numbers I have 1 in 5 chance of drawing a rotten apple when choosing from the basket of red apples. However, I have a better than 50% chance of drawing a rotten apple when choosing from the basket of green apples.

Get it now?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Because if you look at the white population, 21% living in single parent households is just as bad as the 51% of blacks. So they want people to stop at the black number and look no further. This means there are just as many white single baby mommas as blacks and they don't want people to recognize this.

You are welcome.

there is really no point in talking to these dudes about much. they bring up single mothers just to try and rile us up. race being a factor is just icing on the cake. it's ridiculous to bring up black single mothers like they're exclusive and the source of all 'black community' ails.

this statistic is the root of our trouble, no need to break it down by race:

Nearly 1.5 million American children have a mother or father in federal or state prison — a figure that has grown in step with the swelling of the nation's prison population, the Justice Department reported Wednesday.

Duh. If 73% of the children population is white, then of course when comparing numbers white children will have greater numbers in single parent homes. However, when making a fair comparison using percentage as population, well you know the rest.

I assume you're making the above argument because you can't rely on the truth, which is fine. I'd expect no less from you. But on the off chance you're mathematically handicapped, I'm here to help.

Let use fruit. I'll even use your numbers. Let's say I have 7300 red apples and 1500 green apples. Using your numbers I have 1 in 5 chance of drawing a rotten apple when choosing from the basket of red apples. However, I have a better than 50% chance of drawing a rotten apple when choosing from the basket of green apples.

Get it now?

The claim was that most children in single parent households are black. That is not true. Plain and simple. Is it a bigger issue - proportionately speaking - for the black community? Sure, but that is not the claim that was made.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

LOl democratic math. I love it

Still la greater percentage of black children live in single parent homes than percentage of white children.

LOl democratic math. I love it

Still la greater percentage of black children live in single parent homes than percentage of white children.

LOL conservative deflection. I love it.

The claim was that most single household children are black. And no matter how you twist it, that claim is FALSE. No if's, when's and but's about it.

Now get back to the middle of the road. If you can find it. :rofl:

No more responses after the claim was proven false huh? On to the next topic.

What else is there to say? What's the point of making fun of people who share the same traits as you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

huexpg.jpg

Racism. Because I suck at being witty. :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

huexpg.jpg

Too many dark hands there. Most people that receive government assistance (SNAP/TANF) are actually white. Given that, it's rather odd that there are no white hands in the picture.

But considering the source, I am not surprised. Fact based posting is not something he entertains.