bellylaugh

November 2014 Filers

207 posts in this topic

Manchester!

I have good news now. I see online that my interview has been scheduled for February 19. I addition to that, my I765 and I131 have been approved. Today is a good day for me. I hope you get good news very soon too.

Good luck

Nov-03-2014 (Day 0) Sent package including I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 to Chicago via USPS Priority Mail

Nov-06-2014 (Day 3) Package delivered

Nov-12-2014 (Day 9) Notification via email and phone w/ receipt numbers for all 4 forms (NOA)

Nov-17-2014 (Day 14) Hardcopy NOA received

Nov-22-2014 (Day 19) Biometrics appointment letter. Fingerprints on December 1st

Dec-01-2014 (Day 28) Biometrics done

Dec-08-2014 (Day 35) Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (I-485)

Jan-15-2014 (Day 73) Interview scheduled, I131 and I765 approved! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Titi36,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Now you can sit back and wait for the date you get the final approval. :) And I'm also happy because your good news probably suggests I'm gonna get updated too, soon. :D You are 2 weeks ahead of me practically.

Hi guys,

My status changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" on December 17. There is the general description:

"As of December 17, 2014, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status..."

However, originally the message said I should receive my interview notice until January 16, if not, I should contact them. This part of the message has disappeared and it only says:

"We will schedule your interview and send you a notice" without referring to any deadline. Is if fine? And what has it been changed?

Thanks

I think I would call them. I have read here before that it is fine to call when you have been in the 'ready to schedule' phase for a month. Plus I have heard too many stories about the system being glitchy. Since it said you should have heard by today, I would see what is going on.

Manchester!

I have good news now. I see online that my interview has been scheduled for February 19. I addition to that, my I765 and I131 have been approved. Today is a good day for me. I hope you get good news very soon too.

Good luck

Congrats titi! My i-131 and i-765 are still at the first stage but I don't think I am going to worry about that since my interview is so close now.

We better start getting our documents together! :dancing:

Adjustment of Status

Nov-07-2014 Sent I-130,I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago via USPS Express Mail

Nov-10-2014 AOS Delivered

Nov-14-2014 NOA Date

Dec-12-2014 (Day 35) Biometrics Taken

Jan-2-2015 (Day 56)Text MSGs received - interview date -2/5/15!

Feb-2-2015 - EAD/AP arrived

Feb-5-2015 - Interview day. GC in production

Bellylaugh,

Congratulations to you too. I think your I765 and I131 will get updated soon. Anyway I wouldn't worry about it because at least you have your interview notice. Your interview is close now :dancing::dancing: Keep us updated. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I have good news now. I see online that my interview has been scheduled for February 19. I addition to that, my I765 and I131 have been approved. Today is a good day for me.

Congrats and Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi All!

I'm so glad to have found this forum!

My husband and I also filed in November. Here is our timeline:

11/03: Receipt of I-765

11/05: Receipt of I-485 and I-130
11/26: Suspended review of I-485 and sent RFE

12/10: Lawyer notified us of RFE (we never got a hard copy of RFE in mail)
01/07: Mailed further evidence package

01/09: Receipt of further evidence package. Review of I-485 resumed

01/16: EAD card was ordered.

I strongly suggest everyone to get on the USCIS website and monitor your case, even if you hired a lawyer. There were some personnel shifts in the law firm we hired right around the time the RFE was sent and we didn't find out until two weeks later. Due to timing and incredibly back luck, we weren't able to send a response until over a month after the RFE.

Our primary concern was the EAD because I have been out of college for over a year now and haven't been able to work! So I am glad that my EAD card was ordered already! Does anybody know how long it takes for it to be delivered?

@Oeni

Fingers crossed I'm in the same boat as you. I had a very similar situation - we had a RFE that we never received in the mail either, only the lawyer did. Our evidence package was sent on the same days as yours, so fingers crossed I'll have a similar update next week (I understand MLK is a holiday so they won't be doing anything then). Just like you - I'm really, really wanting my EAD and AP, as I've travelled the last three years, and would really, really like to be able to work.

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi All!

01/16: EAD card was ordered.

I strongly suggest everyone to get on the USCIS website and monitor your case, even if you hired a lawyer. There were some personnel shifts in the law firm we hired right around the time the RFE was sent and we didn't find out until two weeks later. Due to timing and incredibly back luck, we weren't able to send a response until over a month after the RFE.

Our primary concern was the EAD because I have been out of college for over a year now and haven't been able to work! So I am glad that my EAD card was ordered already! Does anybody know how long it takes for it to be delivered?

Congrats!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I received the RFE letter.

1. First it asks for my husband's "complete Federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the most recent year" - is this just a regular tax return report we print out of the IRS website? Or should we send other documents? (Btw, I obviously already sent it with the package).

2. Second request was for either assets or a joint sponsor because my husband didn't make enough for both of us. I will be sending 12-month bank statements from my bank account abroad, I will have a balance of about $100,000 because I just sold a condo. I'll be attaching the sale contract to prove where the money came from. Should be all set since it is 3x the difference that my husband couldn't make and I believe it was like $100.00 dollars. For real.

Any inputs will be very appreciated, thanks.

Hi!

USCIS wants for the petitioner to prove that he/she can support the immigrant and that the immigrant will not be an economic burden on the system. Unless your bank account is under your AND your husband's name, I would consult with an immigration lawyer before sending in that evidence. I feel that it might raise unnecessary questions and further delay your process. We had a similar situation. My husband did not file taxes last year, so we had to find a co-sponsor, explain why he didn't file and submit proof of his current income.

Hi!

USCIS wants for the petitioner to prove that he/she can support the immigrant and that the immigrant will not be an economic burden on the system. Unless your bank account is under your AND your husband's name, I would consult with an immigration lawyer before sending in that evidence. I feel that it might raise unnecessary questions and further delay your process. We had a similar situation. My husband did not file taxes last year, so we had to find a co-sponsor, explain why he didn't file and submit proof of his current income.

Hi Oeni, thanks!

I saw that you had an RFE, what did they ask for on the letter?

We don't have a co-sponsor, so it's gonna have to be my money. On the letter I received from them it says that it can be a a joint sponsor or assets. The asset is under my name because we just recently got married and the condo sale happened before we got married, so it can't have his name because I was single at the time!!!! On the I-864 Affidavit of Support form Instructions, it says that the intending immigrant can use his/her assets if he/she lives with the petitioner. If these assets are from a spouse, it only needs to be 3x the difference.

Now, I have the buyer-seller contract which explains clearly that I (name) sold the condo to (name) for the $$$ amount. I will also have the bank statements of 12 months from my bank account and the balance of about $100,000, like I said for the condo. I know that if I just had a thousand dollars in my account with no explanation would be suspicious, but I will have proof of where the money came from.

It seems pretty straight-forward! I feel like money in my account derived from a legit sale is even better than a sponsor. It means I do have actual money for myself if my husband and I need it.

We're no using an attorney, we're doing it ourselves! Thanks so much for your input.

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Timeline

Hi Oeni, thanks!

I saw that you had an RFE, what did they ask for on the letter?

We don't have a co-sponsor, so it's gonna have to be my money. On the letter I received from them it says that it can be a a joint sponsor or assets. The asset is under my name because we just recently got married and the condo sale happened before we got married, so it can't have his name because I was single at the time!!!! On the I-864 Affidavit of Support form Instructions, it says that the intending immigrant can use his/her assets if he/she lives with the petitioner. If these assets are from a spouse, it only needs to be 3x the difference.

Now, I have the buyer-seller contract which explains clearly that I (name) sold the condo to (name) for the $$$ amount. I will also have the bank statements of 12 months from my bank account and the balance of about $100,000, like I said for the condo. I know that if I just had a thousand dollars in my account with no explanation would be suspicious, but I will have proof of where the money came from.

It seems pretty straight-forward! I feel like money in my account derived from a legit sale is even better than a sponsor. It means I do have actual money for myself if my husband and I need it.

We're no using an attorney, we're doing it ourselves! Thanks so much for your input.

Mrs. Hopkins,

In our initial package, we sent only my husband's proof of current income and the co-sponsor's information. The RFE asked for my husband's tax return form. In response, we sent an explanation for the missing tax return and more evidence of his current income (which is now a lot more than the minimum required, plus we have a co-sponsor). So we're hoping that'll suffice.

I didn't realize intending immigrant's assets could be used too. In that case, you guys should be good. :)

Timeline

My status says the same. Ready to be scheduled for an interview, as of January 13. No mention about another date or deadline that we should receive the notice by.

So I was looking through this website's Timelines section, and something tells me USCIS might schedule interview dates in "batches" and not strictly in the order received. For instance, some couples who filed on dates weeks apart, with no RFEs or other apparent reasons for delay were scheduled for interviews on the same day. Does this make sense or am I over-thinking it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
My case is pretty much similar to yours, my OPT has expired, Fingerprints taken, basically just waiting for my EAD to arrive.
There is a clause saying EAD cards have a window period of 90 days.. so effectively, I have 64 more days to go before I should start filing for a request.
I'm guessing my interview date will take place before I receive my EAD.
Nov-13-2014 (Day 0) Sent I-130,I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago via Fedex Priority Mail
Nov-14-2014 (Day 1) AOS Delivered
Nov-19-2014 (Day 6) Hardcopy NOA Received
Nov-25-2014 (Day 12) Biometrics Appointment Letter Received
Dec-11-2014 (Day 29) Biometrics / Fingerprints Taken
Dec-22-2014 (Day 40) Notice Update, ready to schedule interview date and pending notice; (file for a request if I do not receive the notice before 21 Jan 2015)
Fingers crossed, and waiting..

So we called the hotline today about our case, it has been more than a month and we have no news regarding our status on a interview date scheduled.

They told us the center housing our application was affected by a flood, and they just transferred all the cases to another facility.

Upon asking for any follow up methods, the customer service personnel said they are unable to do that, as they can only manage through the system.

This is so frustrating, knowing that this situation clearly isn't a result of our fault or carelessness.

We are also doing this without an attorney, anyone has any advise for us, beside "waiting", according to customer service?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.