jgardnerr

Fiance might be pregnant

12 posts in this topic

Well congrats on your fiance's pregnancy!!! That wouldn't affect the medical exam at all. The medical exam is to check if your fiance has certain diseases. That is def not a reason why the K1 would be denied!! :)B-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

It'll only be a problem if the timing is such that its obviously not yours. I think there was a case like that not too long ago on here.

April 27, 2016: I-751 mailed

May 2: I-751 received

May ??? NOA1

May 12: Check cashed

May 31: Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1: Biometrics appointment letter arrives!

June 2: Biometrics walk-in

She won't have x-ray and I believe that she has to redo whole medical in the US for adjust of status.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know if my fiance is pregnant will she fail the medical exam? Or will she be denied a K1 visa?

congrats!

No issue, pregnancy is not a communicable disease. ;)

Pop over to the Philippines forum, great folks there to assist with the process in the Philippines!

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It'll only be a problem if the timing is such that its obviously not yours. I think there was a case like that not too long ago on here.

In such a case, how would it be obvious based on timing? I am afraid the consulate will accuse my fiance of something similar although it would be ridiculous to do so. Long story short, we were apart for 1.5 months, i visited for a week and a half in August (this was when the bay was conceived) and left. A few weeks later she takes a test and we found out she is a few weeks pregnant. To me the timing is obvious, but to a paranoid, incompetentconsular officer I am not so sure.

I believe the OP would be interested in my situation as his issues are pretty much the same.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

In such a case, how would it be obvious based on timing? I am afraid the consulate will accuse my fiance of something similar although it would be ridiculous to do so. Long story short, we were apart for 1.5 months, i visited for a week and a half in August (this was when the bay was conceived) and left. A few weeks later she takes a test and we found out she is a few weeks pregnant. To me the timing is obvious, but to a paranoid, incompetentconsular officer I am not so sure.

I believe the OP would be interested in my situation as his issues are pretty much the same.

They will question any timing issue that they are suspicious of. They will question any issue relating to any petition that they are suspicious of. ANY. That does not make them incompetent. It makes them thorough.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

They will question any timing issue that they are suspicious of. They will question any issue relating to any petition that they are suspicious of. ANY. That does not make them incompetent. It makes them thorough.

Consular officials are incompetent and human like most people. They are not master detectives.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Consular officials are incompetent and human like most people. They are not master detectives.

Human means they make mistakes occasionally or rarely and are not perfect. Incompetent means something much worse. They are not the same thing.

And they might not be master detectives, but that doesn't mean they're good at their jobs, especially the more experienced ones. I don't know why you'd make this assumption. How many have you personally interacted with, by the way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Unless you have other major red flags, I don't think this will be suspicious. Don't worry about your situation.

If, for example, the guy last visited in March and the girl shows up to the medical 4 months pregnant in November, that's a red flag.

April 27, 2016: I-751 mailed

May 2: I-751 received

May ??? NOA1

May 12: Check cashed

May 31: Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1: Biometrics appointment letter arrives!

June 2: Biometrics walk-in

Newp, on the whole this is untrue. Sorry you seem to have had a different experience.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

The only way that I can think of that timing would have an issue would be traveling since I believe women are not allowed to travel after a certain number of months.

However the pregnancy by itself is not an issue and it would be very discriminatory if it were. It's actually a very good thing because it's another proof of your relationship.

If the baby is born at anytime before the mom is in the US, the only thing would be getting the baby's paperwork for the CRBA and passport.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.