Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

How to get tourist visa as 19year old

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Greece


Im 19 years old and im from greece.

I'm planning on going to america in january to visit family friends.I will stay at their house for 3-4 months.

I'm really worried that i won't get my visa.

Here's my situation and i want to know how can i prove strong ties to my homecountry Greece.

In a few days i will begin my full time job at a store which is a huge chain store all over greece.

I will work there until late december because they only need me for the high-season.And i want to go to america in january.

Second of all,im not married.I live with my mother,brother,grandmother and stepfather.The house we live in is ours.I dont have any property but my mother has the house,also has a shop that we rent to somebody else.

In greece everybody MUST go to the military.You can also postpone your entry in the military,which in my case i have postponed it for 3 years,last year so i have two years left but i can always cancel and go immidiately to get it out of the way..Is that maybe a strong tie? The military obligation?

My brother got an us working visa few years ago when he was working at ships and they were going to america quite often and he got it fairly easy because during the interview,they found out that my mother had been inside the american

military base here in my hometown few years back when she was going there for job interviews,unfortunately she never got a job in there but it was a plus for my brother that my mother had been inside the american military base quite often.

What do you think? I'm really worried.I will apply for the visa once im hired.

Thanks for reading

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The chain store is letting you take 3-4 months off? Or is that before you start the job?

Greece is part of the visa waiver program, so you may not need a visa at all: http://athens.usembassy.gov/vwp-greece.html

If you *do* need a visa because you don't qualify for the VWP, you can apply for a tourism visa and hope for the best. Having a job is good, but it would be even better if you can get your manager to write you a letter explaining that they are allowing you a holiday and are expecting your return to your job on XX date. Do you do anything else? School?

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived


* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales

If I understand it the nob is just for Christmas.

Also wondering about the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

I will assume you are a law abiding Greek citizen and you have no infractions on your record. That said, Greece is a Visa waiver Program (VWP) country, so you dont need a tourist visa, simply go to the USA under the VWP.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...