Michelle_Otman

WHY ASK US!!!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
What drives me nuts even faster than someone asking questions on a message board is when people don't realize that typing in all caps is considered yelling. And don't even get me started on chat-slang. Y for Why and U for You.

I guess I just shouldn't have opened the thread... :lol:

I'm with you there. I almost posted something like that but my version was a lot, well, snottier. ;)

hehe me too, best to keep me mouth shut ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

SORRY oh i mean sorry is that better however thats not what i meant. for god sakes. all i said was why (y) not ask your husband thats all. people good night.... oh and assalaam not snotty ok but whatever enjoy your popcorn,

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

One of the rules of polite internet conversation is that what happens in PM, stays in PM. You violate that and I'm afraid you don't have much of a claim to call someone else snotty.

doodlebug is learning about Islam, and sometimes seems confused about where the boundary is between 'forbidden in Islam', and 'not an Egyptian folkway', and so she's asking other people to learn about it. This is an area where asking her husband might not be useful, because he grew up Muslim and Egyptian and might honestly not know which is which. (Easter bunny ain't part of Easter, either, but how many Americans would remember that?)

You might find all that a bit silly, but she isn't being snotty or rude, so, um, ####### off?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why bring something from another forum in here? You should have responded to the OP. I have read the OP and she clearly was asking what other people do. She did not ask what holidays a Muslim observes. More power to ya Doodle. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
:blink::huh::lol:

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
SORRY oh i mean sorry is that better however thats not what i meant. for god sakes. all i said was why (y) not ask your husband thats all. people good night.... oh and assalaam not snotty ok but whatever enjoy your popcorn,

Since your husband is from Morocco and does not celebrate Valentine's Day I just assumed that he is Muslim and that you were familiar with the term "assalam alaykum". Assalam alaykum means "may peace be upon you". I'm not sure how that can come across as offensive at all but I apologize if it offended you in anyway. I won't respond to this anymore.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
One of the rules of polite internet conversation is that what happens in PM, stays in PM. You violate that and I'm afraid you don't have much of a claim to call someone else snotty.

doodlebug is learning about Islam, and sometimes seems confused about where the boundary is between 'forbidden in Islam', and 'not an Egyptian folkway', and so she's asking other people to learn about it. This is an area where asking her husband might not be useful, because he grew up Muslim and Egyptian and might honestly not know which is which. (Easter bunny ain't part of Easter, either, but how many Americans would remember that?)

You might find all that a bit silly, but she isn't being snotty or rude, so, um, ####### off?

Not to mention that it's a violation of the TOS to make PMs public.

I read the thread Doodlebug started, and didn't find anything wrong with the question. At least it was posted in a readable way (sentences and capitals and everything!) :D

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Timeline

Well marriage and relationships it is a on going learning and knowing process.

I still learned so many things about my bingo. he will learn things about me.. granted we been apart 2 year of our marriage.but, thats the fun part. I just learned my husband dont eat MEAT! I am 100% a bonifide meat eater.. I will eat a COW in a second. - let it cross the road! hahhaahahaha..

shon.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Doodley is a nice lady. She doesn't need any more #######. So she asked, big deal. Some of the stuff SOs present to you is cultural, not religious. Asking for help to sort it out is cool. At least, now she knows more about it than she did before. More power to her!

What is with the rude people lately????????? :angry::blink:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Jeez, no wonder old-timers are leaving VJ en masse. This place is going to he!! in hand-basket.

It's an internet forum. It's perfectly fine to post questions about customs in other countries. Just because somone's husband answers his wife's questions about his culture and traditions doesn't mean it isn't perfectly fine to hear others weigh in on the topic and hear their views!

Michelle_Otman, it's a violation of the Terms of Service of this website to post private messags in the open forum. In addition, in the internet world, typing in all caps = shouting.

In the future if you have comments like this, address them in a PM or use the ignore button so you don't have to read posts you don't like. You are the one was was snotty and rude here . . .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:lol: Cap locks really annoy me. I feel like I'm being yelled at. Even though I'm reading it in my head, in my own voice, I have to at least semi-yell it.

Someone buy this guy a caps lock key

Met online February 2006

Went to England on working visa June 2006

Sent off I-129F October 2006 <3 <3 <3

In England until visa expired December 2006

We leave England for a stateside Christmas December 17, 2006

Karl goes back to the UK January 7, 2007

I make a scene at the airport January 7, 2007

I head back to the UK to wait it out with him February 9, 2007

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-29-2007 NOA2 via e-mail!! Woo Hoo

01-30-2007 Touch

02-02-2007 NOA2 via snail mail

02-06-2007 NVC received case

02-07-2007 NVC fowarded case on to London

02-16-2007 Packet 3 received

02-19-2007 Packet 3 mailed out

02-21-2007 Packet 3 received at Embassy

03-01-2007 Packet 4 received

03-02-2007 Karl's medical

03-30-2007 Interview - Approved!!

05-01-2007 - Flying home to Chicago

My posts are purely opinion and should not be taken as legal advice... obviously :)

:lol: Cap locks really annoy me. I feel like I'm being yelled at. Even though I'm reading it in my head, in my own voice, I have to at least semi-yell it.
Someone buy this guy a caps lock key

It hurts my eyes to read all caps. ouch.

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jeez, no wonder old-timers are leaving VJ en masse. This place is going to he!! in hand-basket.

It's an internet forum. It's perfectly fine to post questions about customs in other countries. Just because somone's husband answers his wife's questions about his culture and traditions doesn't mean it isn't perfectly fine to hear others weigh in on the topic and hear their views!

Michelle_Otman, it's a violation of the Terms of Service of this website to post private messags in the open forum. In addition, in the internet world, typing in all caps = shouting.

In the future if you have comments like this, address them in a PM or use the ignore button so you don't have to read posts you don't like. You are the one was was snotty and rude here . . .

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg