LibCampFireClub

The Mandate: Republicans Were Elected to Stop Barack Obama, Not to Work with Him

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
The Mandate: Republicans Were Elected to Stop Barack Obama, Not to Work with Him

What I want to do here is cut to the chase. The result yesterday is exactly what I said it would be. The Republican Party now has one of the most important and unquestionable mandates a political party has ever had at its junction with American history, especially a political party which did not run on a national agenda. The Republican Party purposely stood mute nationally.
Now, if you go into the races, the House and Senate raises all over the country, you will find that many Republican candidates ran specifically against Obamacare, and that is an important note to make and an important thing for you to remember. Individual Republican candidates won, and they won big. They won in a wave landslide running against Obamacare. The national Republican brand or image didn't say a word, which makes the mandate that they have all the more incredible.
It is rare that a political party running for office in a midterm election not standing for anything ends up with a mandate, and they have one, and it is the biggest and perhaps the most important mandate a political party has had in the recent era, and it is very simple what that mandate is. It is to stop Barack Obama. It is to stop the Democrats. There is no other reason why Republicans were elected yesterday. Republicans were not elected to govern.
How can you govern with a president that disobeys the Constitution? How can you govern with a president that is demonstrably lawless when he thinks he has to be? The Republican Party was not elected to fix a broken system or to make it work. The Republican Party was not elected to compromise. The Republican Party was not elected to sit down and work together with the Democrats. The Republican Party was not elected to slow down the speed the country is headed to the cliff and go over it slowly.
Edited by ExExpat

Agree. Stopping the mass of illegals should be the top top priority

So it's business as usual, great!

Your cynicism is understandable after six years living in a nightmare from which America could not wake up. Business will be anything but 'as usual' when the newly elected leaders take office next year.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

These are the marching orders to the GOP by Rush Limbaugh. Whatever he says goes. Could be the drugs talking though...

So it's business as usual, great!

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The Republican Party was elected to stop before we get to the cliff. And that's the mandate: to stop Obamacare; to stop amnesty; to stop the open borders policy of Obama and the Democrats; to stop the Big Government assault on the free enterprise economy; to stop national security policies that have allowed terrorist networks all over the world to pop up and fill a vacuum created by the absence of the world's lone superpower on the world stage. That must be stopped.
The Republican Party was elected to stop the run-up of a debt greater than all previous presidents combined have created. The Republican Party was elected to stop efforts by this administration to use the IRS and other agencies of government, in violation of manners and law, in attacking political opponents. The Republican Party was elected to put an end to this incessant and divisive lie that is the War on Women. Yesterday's result cannot in any way mean that voters want Republicans to work with Democrats. And anybody who tells you that and anybody who thinks that could not be more dangerously wrong.
You do not have election results like we had yesterday with the intent being that the voters intend the winners to work with the losers. This election was about stopping the losers, in this case the Democrats. There can be no other correct analysis of what this election was about. They were not elected to "fix a broken system."
Edited by ExExpat

Your cynicism is understandable after six years living in a nightmare from which America could not wake up. Business will be anything but 'as usual' when the newly elected leaders take office next year.

How were things when the GOP were in control?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

How were things when the GOP were in control?

Much, much better. And, much, much better to come. I know you're hurting because your team lost. But, you know what? I don't care. Why don't I care? Because your team deliberately worked to harm Americans. Now, it's payback time.

:goofy:

I'm not a Christian anymore, so I don't get into that forgiveness thing much.

I remember a giant economic collapse.

Yup Carter years were rough. Thank God for Reagan

Filed: Timeline

Yup Carter years were rough. Thank God for Reagan

More recently, my friend. You seem to be part of the crowd that has developed amnesia and can't remember what things were like 6-7 years ago after Republicans were done managing things both in the executive and legislative branch.

Exit Polls Indicate Nation Suffering from Severe Memory Loss

WASHINGTON Exit polls conducted across the country on Election Day indicate a nation suffering from severe memory loss, those who conducted the polls confirmed Tuesday night.

According to the polls, Americans who cast their votes today had a difficult time remembering events that occurred as recently as six years ago, while many seemed to be solid only on things that have happened in the past ten days.

While experts were unable to explain the epidemic of memory loss that appears to have gripped the nation, interviews with Americans after they cast their votes suggest that their near total obliviousness to anything that happened as recently as October may have influenced their decisions.

“I really think it’s time for a change,” said Carol Foyler, a memory-loss sufferer who cast her vote this morning in Iowa City. “I just feel in my gut that if these people were in charge they’d do a really amazing job with the economy.”

Harland Dorrinson, who voted in Akron, Ohio, and who has no memory of anything that happened before 2013, said his main concern was a terrorist attack on American soil.

“I really think we need to put a party in charge that won’t ever let something like that happen,” he said.

In Texas, exit polls showed strong support for George P. Bush, who was running for the Republican nomination for Texas land commissioner. “George Bush sounds like the name of someone who would be really good at running things,” said one voter.

The national exit polls revealed an electorate deeply fearful of a number of threats, including ISIS, Ebola, and, oh, what was that other thing?

More recently, my friend. You seem to be part of the crowd that has developed amnesia and can't remember what things were like 6-7 years ago after Republicans were done managing things both in the executive and legislative branch.

O IC. We can there is a time limit on how failed and when. Gotcha