LibCampFireClub

The Mandate: Republicans Were Elected to Stop Barack Obama, Not to Work with Him

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That is a good question. For those who are newcomers to our country and who witnessed an election for the first time it might seem that everything will change now that the GOP is finally in power...

Oh brother...

How were things when the GOP were in control?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

I don't think much will change until we throw both parties out

The corpotocracy won't let that happen. Even if you were to throw either or both of the current mainstream parties out, any new party that emerges will be controlled by the corpotocracy as well. Look at the Tea Party - all corporate money there. Libertarians? Pfft. No different.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Other Timeline
They were elected to stop the people who are breaking the system.

The results do not mean that voters want Republicans to govern. The election does also not mean that the country's become conservative. It can't be said that there was an ideological component to the mandate, because the Republicans did not run on ideology. The Republicans ran everywhere to stop Obama, and that's what the mandate is. Now, whether they want to accept the mandate or not, that's another question.
Whether they are even aware of the mandate is an even bigger question. As I listen to the wizards of smart -- all the analysts of both parties, all movements on TV last night and today -- the thing I'm hearing from everybody is that what the voters want is for Washington to compromise and people to work together. That's not what they said.
That is not what the voters said. They didn't say it in the exit polls. They didn't say it in the election results. This was a skunking of the Democrat Party. This was the people of America "standing athwart history and yelling, 'Stop!'" There's only one entity that can do that, and that's the Republican Party. They were not elected to "get along." They were not elected to "reach across the aisle."
Edited by ExExpat

The corpotocracy won't let that happen. Even if you were to throw either or both of the current mainstream parties out, any new party that emerges will be controlled by the corpotocracy as well. Look at the Tea Party - all corporate money there. Libertarians? Pfft. No different.

What if we had no parties.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

These are the same people who, only a few years ago, skunked the GOP and sent the TBs running, packing. This is the people who, only a few years ago, stood athwart history and yelled: Stop. There was only one entity that could do that and that was the Democratic party. Back then they were not elected to get along or reach across the aisle.

#oneeveryminute

The results do not mean that voters want Republicans to govern. The election does also not mean that the country's become conservative. It can't be said that there was an ideological component to the mandate, because the Republicans did not run on ideology. The Republicans ran everywhere to stop Obama, and that's what the mandate is. Now, whether they want to accept the mandate or not, that's another question.
Whether they are even aware of the mandate is an even bigger question. As I listen to the wizards of smart -- all the analysts of both parties, all movements on TV last night and today -- the thing I'm hearing from everybody is that what the voters want is for Washington to compromise and people to work together. That's not what they said.
That is not what the voters said. They didn't say it in the exit polls. They didn't say it in the election results. This was a skunking of the Democrat Party. This was the people of America "standing athwart history and yelling, 'Stop!'" There's only one entity that can do that, and that's the Republican Party. They were not elected to "get along." They were not elected to "reach across the aisle."

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The mandate the Republicans have is to stop Barack Obama, to stop the further implementation of Obamacare, to stop government policies that are destroying the private, free-enterprise economy. Voters across this country know this is not how this country is supposed to be. They know that this is not what they were electing in 2008 and 2012.

So they have shown up here; they have thrown Democrats out of office all over this country. They have thrown Democrats out. Even the polling data could not have been more wrong in several key races, and that's a subject for later on in the program. But there is no confusion about the message the voters sent yesterday.
It may be the myth or the dream of the establishment types from both parties in Washington that what all this means is, "Ah, they want us to work together to get things done. They want us compromise and like each other and stop all the arguing and stop all the acrimony. They just want everybody have fun, go-along-to-get-along and get things done."
That's not what this vote was about. This vote was about stopping Barack Obama. It can't be that it was about anything else. Now, how do we do this? How do you go about stopping Barack Obama when you've taken impeachment off the table? Well, let's listen to Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz was on Fox this morning about 12:40.
He was interviewed by Bret Baier. Baier said, "One of the messages of this election could be that America wants to see Washington work. Some people said compromise would be a good thing. What's your thought on that sometimes evil word, 'compromise,' in Washington?"
Edited by ExExpat

That would be ideal, but will never happen.

I agree. It would help. Post every vote in the paper. The ads this year were so dumbed down to appeal to idiot bases on each side.

CRUZ: It is incumbent on Republicans to stand up and lead. It is incumbent on us to deliver that bold, positive, optimistic agenda. You know, the fact that the people rose up and voted the Democrats out of power doesn't necessarily mean they trust the Republicans. They've given us another chance. But we've got to earn that trust, and the way to earn that trust is to listen to the priorities of the people.

And I hope come January Republicans stand united, we stand as one, and we systematically -- one after the other -- vote on positive, pro-growth ideas. We vote on tax reform. We vote on regulatory reform. We vote on embracing the American energy renaissance. We vote on going after and stopping Obamacare. We deliver on the promises that Republicans campaigned on.
RUSH: Bret Baier then says, "Well, you bring up Obamacare. You have a Democrat president. His name's on the legislation. He's gonna veto whatever you send up there. So how do you do it?"
CRUZ: With Obamacare, I think we should start by using reconciliation to pass complete and total repeal. Now, you're right: The president will, in all likelihood, veto that. If that happens, we should then systematically repeal the most onerous parts of Obamacare. We should pass legislation saying, you can't have your health insurance canceled because of Obamacare.
We should pass legislation saying, you can't be forced into part-time work like so many people, especially single moms have been. We should pass legislation saying, no bailouts for insurance companies under Obamacare. And force the president to pace those single, rifle-shot repeals and decide whether he's gonna listen to the American people or just remain an absolute partisan. And, you know, if he vetoes those bills, I think there's a real chance we might be able to get the votes to override those vetoes.
Edited by ExExpat

Much, much better. And, much, much better to come. I know you're hurting because your team lost. But, you know what? I don't care. Why don't I care? Because your team deliberately worked to harm Americans. Now, it's payback time.

:goofy:

I'm not a Christian anymore, so I don't get into that forgiveness thing much.

Actually I'm not. It was a simple question. I just don't remember living in some utopia when the GOP was in charge. But I voted for both Democrats and Republicans. I don't have a "team". I vote for whoever can get the job done.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I agree. It would help. Post every vote in the paper. The ads this year were so dumbed down to appeal to idiot bases on each side.

Honestly, I don't know who would ever base their vote on the stupid ads in print and on TV. That stuff is so dumb it's embarrassing. And yet, it seem to do the trick. The puppeteers wouldn't spend billions of dollars if it didn't produce results.