Butterfly307

HELP: Is it possible to get IRS transcripts from the local IRS office?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

We need to get IRS tax transcripts as soon as possible.

The mailing option is too slow (we don't have 5-10 business days to wait), and the website doesn't work for us. When we try to create an account or just log in as a guest, it says that the information we type in is not right. Sometimes it works when we try it again but then it says that the user id we are about to choose doesn't meet the requirements (between 8 and 64 characters, at least one upper case and one special character, etc) when it really does!! So it seems like the site is not working right and from what I have read on here, a bunch of people have problems with the IRS website.

Our last hope is to go our local IRS office and have the transcripts printed out there, is it possible?

Thanks for your answer!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If all else fails just send different proof. 1040's, W2's, copies of paychecks.............all that. I ordered mine over the phone. I can't remember exactly how many days it took but it didn't take that long but I see you are in a pinch! Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We need to get IRS tax transcripts as soon as possible.

The mailing option is too slow (we don't have 5-10 business days to wait), and the website doesn't work for us. When we try to create an account or just log in as a guest, it says that the information we type in is not right. Sometimes it works when we try it again but then it says that the user id we are about to choose doesn't meet the requirements (between 8 and 64 characters, at least one upper case and one special character, etc) when it really does!! So it seems like the site is not working right and from what I have read on here, a bunch of people have problems with the IRS website.

Our last hope is to go our local IRS office and have the transcripts printed out there, is it possible?

Thanks for your answer!

I do not know what you are talking about mailing the IRS transcripts. You dont have to do this. I did download them many times as did my colleague when i was showing it to him in matter of 10 minutes. There was NO Mailing involved at all. You log in to: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Click on "Get transcripts Online" fill out your personal information and download them. That's it. Yes i did have problems with the site too one day and i called IRS, after 30 minutes on hold i told the operator what the problem was and logged in the next day and it was working. I did log in as a guest each time. So yes the website is sensitive but it works.

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

I do not know what you are talking about mailing the IRS transcripts. You dont have to do this. I did download them many times as did my colleague when i was showing it to him in matter of 10 minutes. There was NO Mailing involved at all. You log in to: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Click on "Get transcripts Online" fill out your personal information and download them. That's it. Yes i did have problems with the site too one day and i called IRS, after 30 minutes on hold i told the operator what the problem was and logged in the next day and it was working. I did log in as a guest each time. So yes the website is sensitive but it works.

Like I said I DID try the online option, more than once. It says my info is wrong, I can't verify myself, and once it accepts my answers it has other problems and it locks me out for 24 hours. I don't have time to wait 24 hours over and over again until the site stops messing with me. The other way would be to have the transcripts mailed to me but it takes too much time.

I need the transcripts ASAP, that's why I was asking about whether going to the local IRS office tomorrow would work.

Like I said I DID try the online option, more than once. It says my info is wrong, I can't verify myself, and once it accepts my answers it has other problems and it locks me out for 24 hours. I don't have time to wait 24 hours over and over again until the site stops messing with me. The other way would be to have the transcripts mailed to me but it takes too much time.

I need the transcripts ASAP, that's why I was asking about whether going to the local IRS office tomorrow would work.

open this google link it has all the IRS information you need for KC MO

https://www.google.com/#q=irs+office+kansas+city+mo

Ok, it all possibly go there tomorrow morning when they open, have plenty of personal I.D. and be prepared to wait and / or be there a while, maybe all day, one never knows how busy they are. Be polite, be nice and explain to them what you need and why, people are people when they know the urgency most of the time they are more accommodating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That website is the worst piece of junk I've ever tried to use. Tried many times to pull mine up and never ever succeeded in getting it to work. Good luck - hope the local office works for you. I've requested the transcripts by mail and it never took as long as they said. I think under 5 days every time.

Edited by slangofoil

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

That website is the worst piece of junk I've ever tried to use. Tried many times to pull mine up and never ever succeeded in getting it to work. Good luck - hope the local office works for you. I've requested the transcripts by mail and it never took as long as they said. I think under 5 days every time.

Odd, I signed up with an account and can access all my Tax transcripts in seconds. They download as PDF's and I can print then off.

The planet alignment must have been wrong when you tried.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Like I said, I tried to get them online but that site is plain nonsense.

What trouble are you having on the IRS site?

I was able to login and start printing my tax transcripts in few minutes.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Be patient. Keep trying. It is frustrating trying to get on. Maybe try a different browser? I had a lot of trouble with my IE browser. I think Firefox got me in. Yes I think you could go down to the local IRS office. Of course you will be waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.