Janelle2002

7 Things I Can Do That My Black Son Can’t

189 posts in this topic

try reading the entirety of my comments instead of cherrypicking them.

But Dahling, what if I enjoy picking your cherries? :devil:

I was messing with you val. I'm sure NB will luck his wounds and come back for more of your abuse. He seems to like it.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Don't see this kid with gold teeth or baggy pants.

Also, I'm pretty sure Viola Davis AND Forrest Whitaker don't fit your description either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/forest-whitaker-falsely-accused-shoplifting-frisked-new-york-deli_n_2719712.html

http://www.omegatrons.com/video/view?v=dOwEyOy62OxMr15C

This kid asked for this to happen to him. Simple as that. He should have not been black while shopping. It's against the law. And to believe he doesn't have gold teeth and saggy pants, unbelievable!!!

It's a shame you just invalidated your own opinion. So now no white person can have a valid opinion on matters black? Hmmmmm...

I don't matter to her cause I ain't black..

Wonder why she can't see the racist in that

What if I told a poster, you don't matter to me cause you are black.. It would be on then with the usual suspects

Good Morning val, hope you are having a great morning

I can't have an opinion because I am not black.. so says the usual suspects who don't see race in nay thing LOL

Just FYI the "usual suspects comment" was because when the OP posted and nobody responded immediately, they went on a two page rant about it being proof postive they were right.

As for no Black experience.. I have experianced and seen things you have only read about in books

you too love, enjoying my coffee.

you have an opinion and you've shared it with me many times. i said it was invalid to me, because well, i'm tired of talking about race with you.

you have no black experience, you are not black. i know you've seen and experienced quite a lot, but you did not see or experience them as a black person. if you had, you might not have the opinions you do now. maybe not, maybe opinions such as yours (black people are just whiny, expect too much) is one that forms with age? that old, damn kids get off my lawn attitude?

i'm not sure why you're so hung up on my comment to nature boy, but i've had this conversation with him for years now. i know how he feels about profiling. i know that he believes black people whine too much about racism. he also believes that black people have too much handed to them and still have the gall to whine about racism. he wanted to know why no one wanted to argue with him, and i told him why i, personally, don't see the point. try reading the entirety of my comments instead of cherrypicking them.

not what i said, but i'll be damned if you didn't wish i had..

Now that I know what I believe I can just let Val post for me.

I did not wonder why no one responded. I used the same usual suspects not responding in 20 mins asinine idiotic argument, they did on the first few pages, as proof positive they were right .

Edited by The Nature Boy

Now that I know what I believe I can just let Val post for me.

I did not wonder why no one responded. I used the same usual suspects not responding in 20 mins asinine idiotic argument, they did on the first few pages, as proof positive they were right .

So, you believe this man do not have valid concerns?

This kid asked for this to happen to him. Simple as that. He should have not been black while shopping. It's against the law. And to believe he doesn't have gold teeth and saggy pants, unbelievable!!!

This proves everything LOL. Maybe they were watching him becuse he as filming. I did notice half the video was animation

But Dahling, what if I enjoy picking your cherries? :devil:

I was messing with you val. I'm sure NB will luck his wounds and come back for more of your abuse. He seems to like it.

then there's not much i can do to stop you. but see what you've done, nb has gone and took off running with your misinterpretation of my comment.

So, you believe this man do not have valid concerns?

Like always I think there is some concern in what he said, but the truth is much much larger . It's all blamed on white racism, which is only part of the picture

Making broad statements like-A black man can't walk thru a store without being followed is idiotic.

Like always I think there is some concern in what he said, but the truth is much much larger . It's all blamed on white racism, which is only part of the picture

Making broad statements like-A black man can't walk thru a store without being followed is idiotic.

Please show me in the OP where it states all of the problems are the fault of white racism. Please point this out.

Please show me in the OP where it states all of the problems are the fault of white racism. Please point this out.

The guy is saying his kid can't do these things becuse of his skin color.Pretty cut and dried

My Favorite.

When my son is a full grown man, he can't loose his temper and have road rage without people being afraid.

Now that's some oppression right there ..

Geez

The guy is saying his kid can't do these things becuse of his skin color.Pretty cut and dried

People should be hindered because of their own abilities and their own stupidity. They should not be hindered because of something they cannot change, their skin color. If we take skin color out of the way, then their is only non-advancement because of one's own failures.

And to believe he doesn't have gold teeth and saggy pants, unbelievable!!!

You only ASSUME he is sagging. Never showed his breeches 8n the video.

And FWIW, I have had this happen to me if I loiter in an area very long without making a purchase. Clerks DO have an obligation to look out for shop lifters.

Let me see if I can clear this up a bit:

1. NB's and quite a few others view on racism is based on an older view. NB grew up in the time when racism was in your face. Lynchings, dogs, water hoses and such were the norm. Because this doesn't happen anymore on a grand scale, he doesn't see it as racism. It's become more of an uncomfortable situation rather than discrimination. This is why unless the N word is deployed or something that happens screams bigotry people like him won't see it.

2. The other thing is justifiable racism. Meaning, if you're wearing baggy pants, dreads, gold teeth, etc, you're going to be more watched. Which is not true since I'm pretty sure Mr. Whitaker and Mrs. Davis are as far removed as they can be from that and it didn't help them. This is why when something happens to a black person, there's a scramble to justify what happened to them as a product of their own doing. Got arrested for buying a belt? What clothes were you wearing? Hell, I've been followed in stores and it's irritating because they don't ask you for help, but just stay out of range watching you.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Actually, black men and women have complained about this for quite some time now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_while_black

Shopping while black has been extensively covered by American news media, including a hidden camera ABC News special in which actors posing as store staff harassed black customers to see how other shoppers would respond, and a Soledad O'Brien segment called "Shopping While Black", part of a CNN special on being black in America. It is usually assumed to occur mainly in the United States, but has also been reported in the United Kingdom, Canada and the Netherlands.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg