Janelle2002

7 Things I Can Do That My Black Son Can’t

189 posts in this topic

The delusional posts in thread are hilarious. :rofl:

If I were to post an article about something that deals with race, I'm accused of being obsessed with it. If you do a thread count and see how many posts I start that deal with race vs non-racial threads, I'd have a better count against the folks who are TRULY obsessed with race.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If I were to post an article about something that deals with race, I'm accused of being obsessed with it. If you do a thread count and see how many posts I start that deal with race vs non-racial threads, I'd have a better count against the folks who are TRULY obsessed with race.

Our usual suspects were quiet today. Maybe they were busy.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Personally I think there should be very strict parameters for posting threads about controversial subjects - ruling out the tabloid op-ed nonsense would be a good start.

No matter how often it's pointed out, the moderation seems less interested in the threads that are posted than the reactions to them. It's not about making people get on as much as making it appear that people are getting on.

Do we really need threads about race that feature inflammatory rhetoric in the OP?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No response. No one wants to hear from a white guy talking about racism.

so, if this article was written by Barry's Mom, instead,

whaddya think, where do you think it would have gotten published ????

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

so, if this article was written by Barry's Mom, instead,

whaddya think, where do you think it would have gotten published ????

I'm not sure where it would have been published. Where do you think it would have been published? I am not sure of the angle of your question. Please help me to understand. And my statement is not being sarcastic.

Personally I think there should be very strict parameters for posting threads about controversial subjects - ruling out the tabloid op-ed nonsense would be a good start.

No matter how often it's pointed out, the moderation seems less interested in the threads that are posted than the reactions to them. It's not about making people get on as much as making it appear that people are getting on.

Do we really need threads about race that feature inflammatory rhetoric in the OP?

Does my post feature inflammatory rhetoric or are you referring to other posts in this section?

Wait, WHAT??? You're a WHITE GUY now????

She's a very feminine looking white guy. Just saying...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's sad that this man has to feel this way for his son. Growing up in America in this day and age, with so much tolerance for other things such as gay marriage and what not, it's a shame that a child has to possibly grow up worrying about such things. I know it's hard when one doesn't have to live a certain way to believe that others do, but when it comes to light, it is heart breaking to realize the reality behind the facade.

I think threads like this are good. And I DON'T see how the OP is inflammatory at all, despite Duncan's half-hearted attempts at righteous indignation. The OP is thoughtful as well as eye-opening for those who don't live the life or have a close relationship with blacks who are subjected to unfair treatment. Nothing wrong with educating the masses, and I think it was a tasteful post. I only wish I had found it and posted it before that white guy Janelle did...

Ahhhh, if only I were gay...

Then again, if I were, there might be a fight when Janelle's fiancee when he discovered my attraction for "Janelle".

Filed: Timeline

The kid's only three. The dad's in his thirties, maybe? In a decade or two, the world might be a very different place. Will we still have discrimination of some sort? Sure. Will it be as "bad" as it is now? Perhaps not. The dad is worrying about things that might not come to pass.

It's sad that this man has to feel this way for his son. Growing up in America in this day and age, with so much tolerance for other things such as gay marriage and what not, it's a shame that a child has to possibly grow up worrying about such things. I know it's hard when one doesn't have to live a certain way to believe that others do, but when it comes to light, it is heart breaking to realize the reality behind the facade.

Well, for most people, children are their future. They live for their children. Once you have a child, everything you ever were, wanted to be and so much more goes into that child, the moment you have been waiting for. To constantly think stupidity will take your child away is frightening. I am glad this father is taking steps to hopefully minimize the stupidity his child may face by educating people about the reality that others face. Thumbs up to this guy. If my husband was not so old, I would wait until I am able to move back to Sri Lanka to have a child. Which would be in another 5-6 years. I am too fearful of the future black males have in America sadly.

I think threads like this are good. And I DON'T see how the OP is inflammatory at all, despite Duncan's half-hearted attempts at righteous indignation. The OP is thoughtful as well as eye-opening for those who don't live the life or have a close relationship with blacks who are subjected to unfair treatment. Nothing wrong with educating the masses, and I think it was a tasteful post. I only wish I had found it and posted it before that white guy Janelle did...

:rofl: You are frighteningly funny.

Somebody checked out my photos one too many times before I deleted them. lol

Okay. I'm kidding. Tell Su don't kill me.

Ahhhh, if only I were gay...

Then again, if I were, there might be a fight when Janelle's fiancee when he discovered my attraction for "Janelle".

Hahahaha that's actually my husband. I keep telling VJ I can't update my timeline properly. They have yet to fix it. :rolleyes:

Maybe you are. :wub: You are crushing on me a little too hard. shish I'm blushing through my computer.

The kid's only three. The dad's in his thirties, maybe? In a decade or two, the world might be a very different place. Will we still have discrimination of some sort? Sure. Will it be as "bad" as it is now? Perhaps not. The dad is worrying about things that might not come to pass.

But that's what parents are for. To worry about the future of their kids. You wouldn't be a parent if you didn't worry about your child's future would you?