jonfei9

NVC Process Change

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I think the delay between AOS fee and IV fee is ok, looks like NVC is preparing to invoice your IV fee very soon - I called NVC several times about our case, which has been expedited, but still was awaiting for someone to actually ship it out and I spoke with NVC Supervisor Sylvia, who was incredibly helpful and generally a very nice person and she helped a lot with shipping of our case promptly. From my very recent call experience with NVC I can tell that NVC picks up phone faster than it used to be a week ago - looks like thing are speeding up.

I am in the different boat now with the expedited processing, but still wanted to share my news if you find it useful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hehe! What a process~ Went to bed late last night still nervous about sending both packs today as I still wasn't completely sure about cover sheets and Wallah! woke up this morning to the NVC IV Fee invoice email and "open to pay" in the CEAC site after waiting 14 days. It's now paid and is showing as "processing". I Figure at this point I may as well wait until Monday until it shows as "Paid" and I can print out that appropriate "IV Paid" coversheet to go with my pack. Here's to moving forward!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Same here with a similar time frame.

Today i recived the welcome letter and send it as email to my usc wife. so now we are going to send the AOS and IV out to the NVC even we are not able to pay the IV fee or fill the DS-260. Here are some other members (Robbie G) who did it like that.

Yes, at the advice of the NVC.

RobbieG,

Dallas, TX

event.png

Timeline

For those of you who have waited until both your bills (AOS & IV) showed as paid and then sent out both your packs... Did your Cover sheet for the IV look any different than your coversheet for the AOS or did they both say ATT: CMR AOS. We're ready to send our packs, we were going to today with two Att: CMR AOS coversheets (one for each pack) but then our IV bill came available to pay this morning. If I wait until IV shows as paid what will that document coversheet say then? Help from those who have gone before me much appreciated! (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

For those of you who have waited until both your bills (AOS & IV) showed as paid and then sent out both your packs... Did your Cover sheet for the IV look any different than your coversheet for the AOS or did they both say ATT: CMR AOS. We're ready to send our packs, we were going to today with two Att: CMR AOS coversheets (one for each pack) but then our IV bill came available to pay this morning. If I wait until IV shows as paid what will that document coversheet say then? Help from those who have gone before me much appreciated! (F)

The Document Cover Sheet for the IV says mail to:

National Visa Center
Attn. CMR
31 Rochester Avenue Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

event.png

NVC website says:

"mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center

Attn: DR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914"

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Whatever NVC put on the coversheet is fine but need to make sure you mail it to ATT:DR

Timeline

Thanks for everyone's input! That helps a lot "Dani1" to know that the document cover sheet will change to ATT: CMR after IV shows as "Paid" I'm sure I would have been fine sending both packs earlier as Robbie G and others have done after getting the go ahead from NVC reps (as I did too) I waited because I was still perfecting paperwork and knew the IV bill would come soon. So my packs are all ready and I will mail them ~ two manilla envelopes (each with their own pack and coversheet) together in one package to Att: DR . I'll throw the Welcome letter cover sheet in there on top as it has both the case # and the IIN #. Hope things go smoothly for us all. Happy to hear you got expedited "Jonfei9" and thanks for your help "Oyehope" & "Dani1". This is a great thread filled with good info ~ I hope it stays alive for others to benefit from. (F)

Timeline

Good morning VJ~ friends~ This a.m we woke up here in Bangkok to the IV bill showing as "Paid" and the DS 260 has opened up.... Yay!!! IV Document coversheet says as predictied Att: CMR but the interesting thing is when going into the DS260 it says to complete it and mail all forms to

If your case is NOT processing electronically, please submit your documents to:

National Visa Center
Attn: CMR/DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

So this is now different than what I had expected and read on the NVC site which is mail it to Att: DR. Any thoughts gang? Today is our 4 year anniversary (L) and we are putting this puppy in the mail :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I paid the AOS fee but did not see a bar coded cover sheet.........

Still waiting on the IV bill

Where is the DS 260? Or do I have to wait on that also?

Timeline

I paid the AOS fee but did not see a bar coded cover sheet.........

Still waiting on the IV bill

Where is the DS 260? Or do I have to wait on that also?

After we paid the AOS there was a "receipt page" on this page we could print the "Document cover sheet" it said "Att: CMR/ AOS" or choose to have it emailed. I found it was better to email it and open it in adobe (it printed better for me in the center of the page)

It then took 13 days for the IV Bill to open up to be paid. I checked it relentlessly on the CEAC invoice site and then woke up to an email that it was ready to be paid. It then took the weekend for the payment to clear and then once shown as paid same system to print that "Document Cover Sheet" it said "Att: CMR"

After the IV Bill showed as paid the DS260 opened up. We are sending our packs today and will continue to work on finishing the DS260 this week.

Question about the cover sheets...

I received a Document Cover Sheet with MY welcome letter (petitioner) that wasn't with my husband's. It has a barcode and boxes to put X's in on a check sheet, including both financial docs and supporting docs (I'm assuming this covers both AOS and IV?). Then, as some of you have said, in the receipt page on ceac site, there's another Document Cover Sheet, which just has a couple paragraphs, the CMR AOS address, hubs info, barcode. Which one am I meant to include? They both say cover sheet and to include, so just a bit confused...

USCIS

8/28/2014 - Sent I-130 from Australia

9/8/2014 - Arrived to Chicago Lockbox

9/10/2014 - Email notification of NOA1 - forwarded to CSC

9/25/2014 - Received hard copy of NOA1

9/30/2014 - Email notification of NOA2, approved (20 days)

NVC

10/15/2014 - NVC received case

11/5/2014 - Case # and IIN assigned

11/6/2014 - Welcome email from NVC and DS-261 submitted

11/7/2014 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

12/2/2014 - Send AOS and IV pack together from Australia

12/3/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

12/7/2014 - DS-260 completed

12/11/2014 - Package scan date

2/7/2015 - Case Complete - No checklist

3/17/2015 - Interview - Approved!

201 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.