jonfei9

NVC Process Change

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Im in australia and my husband is in US. We are putting together our packages. We understand everything needs to be sent together. My question is about the originals like police certificate and my photos that NVC website require for IV package. Am I supposed to mail them to hubby along with the other things on the IVdocs and then he puts it all into one big package withGod AOS docs and send them together? I only ask because when I was looking at the interview section of NVC website it talks about me having to take photos to the embassy and also take my police certificate. I'm honestly abit confused. We got married in US so hubby will be sending an original of our marriage certificate even though he already did this during USCIS stage. Should I get him to send a copy of the marriage certificate to me aswell for interview?

Send every original (excluding your passport) and your photos to your husband and he will put everything in one package and send it out to NVC. At your interview all your documents will be forwarded from NVC to Embassy, but still take your picture with you and your passport. You will also need bar coded documents confirming your appointment.

Yeah, those instructions are confusing. But no, you just need to send all the originals to NVC and then NVC will forward everything to the embassy (so you won't have to bring any originals that you already submitted). You didn't need to submit any originals to USCIS, photocopies were fine at that stage. I doubt NVC will pull your marriage certificate from the I-130 package so you should send it again, but you don't need an extra one for the embassy.

It doesn't matter where you send your packages from as long as you send them together. Like you said, I mailed all of my originals, pictures/etc to my wife and she sent everything from the US. I think that's usually what makes the most sense.

The only thing you need "extra" aside from the documents sent to NVC is another 2x2" picture for your medical exam (not sure if another set for the embassy?).

Send every original (excluding your passport) and your photos to your husband and he will put everything in one package and send it out to NVC. At your interview all your documents will be forwarded from NVC to Embassy, but still take your picture with you and your passport. You will also need bar coded documents confirming your appointment.

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate the help. :)

Edited by Oyehope

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all~ It's been a few days since I've posted and after reading many hours of info in the NVC November Filers group I think it's important for us to keep this thread alive as we are navigating new territory not often mentioned in the main November NVC thread.

We paid the AOS fee on 10/23, (showing as paid) DS261 Complete. We are still waiting for the I.V Fee to be enabled. This is what I'm encountering on the ceac site~

Through ~ 
ceac.state.gov/

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

takes you through sign in and then:

*Petitioner/Primary Sponsor AOS - "Paid" and AOS and Financial evidence - " N/A"

*Principal Applicant - I.V Fee "PAY NOW" I.V Application "N/A" Civil Documents "N/A"

After clicking on "Pay Now" you are taken to the "Fee Invoice for I.V Case #" Page and

AOS is showing as "Paid"

" IV Application Processing Fees "has no information for the applicant and shows "Total Amount Selected: $0.00? So we can go no further than this ~ it is not open to be paid~

We have been waiting 12 Days From AOS Fee to I.V Fee ~ Seems longer than most. Anyone else have any really recent experience with this?

Hope everyone had a good weekend and some progress has been made with your cases (F)

Edited by jaiyen17

*Principal Applicant - I.V Fee "PAY NOW" I.V Application "N/A" Civil Documents "N/A"

After clicking on "Pay Now" you are taken to the "Fee Invoice for I.V Case #" Page and

AOS is showing as "Paid"

" IV Application Processing Fees "has no information for the applicant and shows "Total Amount Selected: $0.00? So we can go no further than this ~ it is not open to be paid~

We have been waiting 12 Days From AOS Fee to I.V Fee ~ Seems longer than most. Anyone else have any really recent experience with this?

Same here with a similar time frame.

Today i recived the welcome letter and send it as email to my usc wife. so now we are going to send the AOS and IV out to the NVC even we are not able to pay the IV fee or fill the DS-260. Here are some other members (Robbie G) who did it like that.

Timeline

Hi Joni ~ Yes, we have a very similar timeline. I've followed (Robbie G) and still feel that we are so close to getting the IV paid that I should wait, pay IV & File DS260 then send packs as per the NVC instructions. Robbie G had it confirmed by a phone rep that it was o.k to send together after AOS but before IV. Seems as though people are trying it both ways so only time will tell which way is the better way. For now I am still waiting for the IV invoice. If it hasn't come available by next Mon. I may feel very differently about waiting. Good luck and please keep updating :)

Timeline

I spoke with a very professional and friendly NVC rep last night who seemed very well informed. She confirmed again that it is O.K to send your AOS pack & IV pack after AOS fees are shown as paid and while waiting for the IV Fee and the DS260 to come available. Since we have now been waiting 12 days for the IV fees to open we have decided to go ahead and send both Packs in with the AOS coversheet. Hope this goes well!

I spoke with a very professional and friendly NVC rep last night who seemed very well informed. She confirmed again that it is O.K to send your AOS pack & IV pack after AOS fees are shown as paid and while waiting for the IV Fee and the DS260 to come available. Since we have now been waiting 12 days for the IV fees to open we have decided to go ahead and send both Packs in with the AOS coversheet. Hope this goes well!

I like that! Thanks for sharring.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I mailed mine after paying the AOS fee. I still am unable to pay the IV fee or fill out the DS260. My scan date is Oct 24

10-30-13/ Married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (L)

3-7-14/NOA1

5-24-14/ Travelled to Volgograd, Russia to see my hubby (L)

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-17-14/ DS-261 completed

10-21-14/ AOS Invoiced and Paid

10-23-14/ mailed AOS & IV packages together

10-24-14/ NVC Recieved - Scan date

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

10-30-14/ Happy 1 year Anniversary- celebrate via skype (L)

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

11-10-14/ DS260 Completed

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

12-23-14/ CC email confirmation

12-29-14/ Interview scheduled

12-30-14/ CEAC shows IN TRANSIT/ Received P4 Interview letter

1-12-15/ CEAC shows READY

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15 / Interview Moscow

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

2-05-15/ CEAC shows ISSUED

Timeline

For those of you who sent the AOS & IV packs together after AOS shows as paid and before the IV & DS260 come available I have a question for you. Did you send the same "Document Cover Sheet" with "Attn. CMR AOS" as the cover for Both Packs? (Did you print it twice and use it twice?)

Also, did you send the AOS "Receipt" page showing as "Paid" with both packs as well? Hoping to get these babies in the mail tomorrow! Any advice is appreciated!! (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I sent mine with document cover sheet with Attn. CMR. AOS only once printed. I put everything in the order they listed.

10-30-13/ Married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (L)

3-7-14/NOA1

5-24-14/ Travelled to Volgograd, Russia to see my hubby (L)

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-17-14/ DS-261 completed

10-21-14/ AOS Invoiced and Paid

10-23-14/ mailed AOS & IV packages together

10-24-14/ NVC Recieved - Scan date

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

10-30-14/ Happy 1 year Anniversary- celebrate via skype (L)

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

11-10-14/ DS260 Completed

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

12-23-14/ CC email confirmation

12-29-14/ Interview scheduled

12-30-14/ CEAC shows IN TRANSIT/ Received P4 Interview letter

1-12-15/ CEAC shows READY

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15 / Interview Moscow

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

2-05-15/ CEAC shows ISSUED

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I sent mine with document cover sheet with Attn. CMR. AOS only once printed. I put everything in the order they listed.

Hope you won't get a checklist for IV documents.. if you get one.. just request for a supervisor review...

Timeline

Hope you won't get a checklist for IV documents.. if you get one.. just request for a supervisor review...

Why would they get a checklist for IV documents? Should they have put a second AOS-CMR cover page with it. Many of us who have called were told to send AOS & IV packs together after AOS is paid but before IV Fee or DS260 comes available. I was planning to separate my two packs in two different manilla envelopes clearly labeled. Planning on sending tomorrow and want to get these cover sheets right. I'm in Bkk now and it's late so hoping to wake up to some good advice from this VERY helpful and much appreciated communtiy of VJers (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Why would they get a checklist for IV documents? Should they have put a second AOS-CMR cover page with it. Many of us who have called were told to send AOS & IV packs together after AOS is paid but before IV Fee or DS260 comes available. I was planning to separate my two packs in two different manilla envelopes clearly labeled. Planning on sending tomorrow and want to get these cover sheets right. I'm in Bkk now and it's late so hoping to wake up to some good advice from this VERY helpful and much appreciated communtiy of VJers (F)

I did the same... send all the documents with one cover sheet to CMR AOS... believe CMR AOS is the AOS special unit.. They only check AOS... the person who reviews DS-260 & Civil documents (Attn:DR) might not see your package and will end up with a checklist for missing documents..

Wasted 10 days for Sup review... Received personal call from NVC... :) and I am happy ..

From now on NVC ask you to send all docs to Attn:DR .. if you have send to DR then no issue..

I did the same... send all the documents with one cover sheet to CMR AOS... believe CMR AOS is the AOS special unit.. They only check AOS... the person who reviews DS-260 & Civil documents (Attn:DR) might not see your package and will end up with a checklist for missing documents..

Wasted 10 days for Sup review... Received personal call from NVC... :) and I am happy ..

From now on NVC ask you to send all docs to Attn:DR .. if you have send to DR then no issue..

Hello can you please explain further. What is the adress for ATT: DR? Will they send the AOS documents to the special until so you also don't get a checklist for AOS docs?

I just found this on the website, I think this clears it up:

NVC says to mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center

Attn: DR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.