TimClevenger

Can I live in Indonesia during the I-129F process?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tim - study post #2 again, but study stuff listed in post #2, then let us know your thoughts?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Tim - study post #2 again, but study stuff listed in post #2, then let us know your thoughts?

I assume you're talking about your post: "there is no restriction about it, However study the I-864 stuff as the guidelines in it are used for the I-134 adjudication on interview day. "

I think the i-864 is confusing. It says I have to make 125% of the poverty level . what's that? It was hard to retain all the sections of the instructions http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf. I guess I will just download the form and complete it to the best of my ability.

My thoughts are that there may be some way I could live in Indonesia, but I don't know the process well enough.

What were your thoughts?

Tim (L) Natalia

Petition Sent: 08/04/2014

Received: 08/06/2014

RFE: 10/29/2014

RFE Reply: 11/04/2014

I think the i-864 is confusing. It says I have to make 125% of the poverty level . what's that? It was hard to retain all the sections of the instructions http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf. I guess I will just download the form and complete it to the best of my ability.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm

Timeline

Page was unable to load, but I'll try again later.

Tim (L) Natalia

Timeline

I assume you're talking about your post: "there is no restriction about it, However study the I-864 stuff as the guidelines in it are used for the I-134 adjudication on interview day. "

My thoughts are that there may be some way I could live in Indonesia, but I don't know the process well enough.

What were your thoughts?

1. prepare for up to 1 year's separation, just like most K-1 visa chaser couples here.

2. in the meantime, get a job this week, that pays over 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

3. get some usa domicile this week

4. file taxes next year, for 2014, showing above 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

5. be able to show current annual income (a projection, unless it's 25 December 2015) for 2015 that is above the 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

that's it, that's all.

Sure, there is the immediacy of the 'now', for where yer boots gonna be tonight, but

unless you match the guidelines for 1] a tax year plus 2] current annual income by interview day, then she's not getting approved on interview day.

income is evaluated on interview day. you've some time. hustle!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

1. prepare for up to 1 year's separation, just like most K-1 visa chaser couples here.

2. in the meantime, get a job this week, that pays over 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

3. get some usa domicile this week

4. file taxes next year, for 2014, showing above 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

5. be able to show current annual income (a projection, unless it's 25 December 2015) for 2015 that is above the 125 percent on the poverty guidelines

that's it, that's all.

Sure, there is the immediacy of the 'now', for where yer boots gonna be tonight, but

unless you match the guidelines for 1] a tax year plus 2] current annual income by interview day, then she's not getting approved on interview day.

income is evaluated on interview day. you've some time. hustle!!

Thanks . . heard all this, right up to the point that you reinforced my point. I will be denied if what you;re saying is true. I haven't filed taxes is 5 years because I've been out of the country and I can't find a way to file them, because no one answers the phone at the IRS. So, it for some reason that is undocumented, I need my tax returns, I'm in serious trouble. Additionally, they aren't even filed until April.I'm hoping she is here before Feb. Otherwise, screw domicile . . I'm out of here.

Tim (L) Natalia

Thanks . . heard all this, right up to the point that you reinforced my point. I will be denied if what you;re saying is true. I haven't filed taxes is 5 years because I've been out of the country and I can't find a way to file them, because no one answers the phone at the IRS. So, it for some reason that is undocumented, I need my tax returns, I'm in serious trouble. Additionally, they aren't even filed until April.I'm hoping she is here before Feb. Otherwise, screw domicile . . I'm out of here.

Tim, the good people here are trying to give you the facts. And the facts aren't always what you want to hear. I unfortunately agree wholeheartedly with Darnell here. There's basic requirements you must meet and I would certainly be following them if my intention was to remain in the US long term. Time goes by fast, I would personally plan for a long and happy future rather than worry about the next few months apart; but that's just me.

I wouldn't worry about that you haven't filed for the last 5 years, rather just concentrate on securing a job between now and interview time. That's what I believe you should be concentrating on.

At the end of the day these are the terms that everyone needs to satisfy, it's just the way it is. The US isn't going to give you a magical pill, that's the sad truth.

Once again, I would stop and analyze your situation, the next few months is going to be the pathway for your future, more so than possibly ever in your life. If you can't do that for any reason, maybe "screw domicile" will be your only option.

Best of luck to you, and I truly hope you make the right decisions that works for you and your partner. It's your lives and you must choose the right destination.

Edited by GrayL

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Page was unable to load, but I'll try again later.

Link works for me, hopefully you were able to get it to work because it's a great resource.

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Timeline

Tim - just because you not file taxes, doesn't mean you not have to.

study IRS form F2555 and it's instruction sheet ...

in the I-864 instructions, assets are already covered. you may actually qualify on assets, if you have some...

Timeline

tax stuff - who says you can't file late ?

if you have foreign income, 98000 to 105000 is excluded from usa tax computation, yearly, so that's a plus.

forms are available online at irs.gov

you should get the last 3 years done, just for practice, learn where you really stand with the f2555 as well,

then

paper file them, send off to some irs intake office address, or drop em off at yer local irs office.

don't rely on turbo tax or other tax prep software - just get the paper forms, pdf forms, and do it yerself. it's good practice, anyway.

if you not owe anything, you can file 3 years prior stuff..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.