ghie23

we just starting k1 visa process

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, im just a newbie here and me and my fiance were looking for some advices about k1 visa and someone on facebook told about this site. Me and my fiance from Georgia are planning to hire lawyer and she said it will cost 5k dollars, what she said that she can assure that she can really help us in k1 visa, is that the real cost of hiring lawyer or it will cost more? i know its kinda same topic from everyone and maybe repeatedly discussed but we really need some of your advices. My hubby said it will cost overall 10k dollars just to fix the visa including hiring lawyers and some papers needed. And we are 5months in relationship and met once for only two weeks ,coz he can only have a vacation for 2 weeks acc. to his job. Is it ok the length of time of relationships in visa? And can anyone put the step by step process of k1 visa here. thanks so much to your help of there is.god bless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We didn't hire a lawyer which saves us a lot of money and a lof of members here were successful in getting a visa without hiring one. You just need patience as it requires a lot of reading about the process. If you have some queries then you can create a thread and I am sure people here would be gladly to help you.

Hello, im just a newbie here and me and my fiance were looking for some advices about k1 visa and someone on facebook told about this site.

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome!

Me and my fiance from Georgia are planning to hire lawyer and she said it will cost 5k dollars, what she said that she can assure that she can really help us in k1 visa, is that the real cost of hiring lawyer or it will cost more? i know its kinda same topic from everyone and maybe repeatedly discussed but we really need some of your advices. My hubby said it will cost overall 10k dollars just to fix the visa including hiring lawyers and some papers needed.

You do not need a lawyer. That's a ridiculous price to have someone file the k1 for you.

Unless your situation is very complicated you can process it yourselves just like 99% of this website have.

I have and it's very easy.

And we are 5months in relationship and met once for only two weeks ,coz he can only have a vacation for 2 weeks acc. to his job. Is it ok the length of time of relationships in visa?

The only rule is that you have had to meet once within the past two years.

Although your relationship is short it is not unheard of and not impossible. I've seen shorter on here.

You can file, but I just advise to at least meet once more before the interview.

Moving country and getting married is a huge deal. It's a long process from start to adjusting status, and there will be at least three months once you arrive in the USA where you cannot do anything. Just make sure you both are prepared to start this. Knowing someone online is not the same as knowing someone in person. I am not saying don't go for it, just prepare yourself mentally, it's a huge change.

And can anyone put the step by step process of k1 visa here. thanks so much to your help of there is.god bless

Incase you didn't see there are guides in the k1 forum. At the top.

But here it is anyway.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300-general-k1-guides-and-info/

Read it a few times, you will miss things!

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

There are many folks that come here and using the information contained on this site, successfully obtain their K1 visas, without the need for an attorney. Provided that their case is pretty straight-forward with no complications, or confounding factors. The key to this site is to read, yes, read, the guides and the threads in the respective forums.

The place to start is to located in the Guides section, conveniently located at the top of the forum page. In particular, look at the K1 Flowchart, and the step-by-step K1 visa guide. Spend some time getting acquainted with all of the great info that is readily available in the Guides. That is a good place to start becoming acquainted with the terms, forms, lingo of the immigration process. Another good source of information is to use forum's Google Custom search function, conveniently located at the top right-hand corner of the forum page.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, im just a newbie here and me and my fiance were looking for some advices about k1 visa and someone on facebook told about this site. Me and my fiance from Georgia are planning to hire lawyer and she said it will cost 5k dollars

I'll personally do it for $2K.

, what she said that she can assure that she can really help us in k1 visa, is that the real cost of hiring lawyer or it will cost more? i know its kinda same topic from everyone and maybe repeatedly discussed but we really need some of your advices. My hubby said it will cost overall 10k dollars just to fix the visa including hiring lawyers and some papers needed.

He needs to do more homework.

And we are 5months in relationship and met once for only two weeks ,coz he can only have a vacation for 2 weeks acc. to his job. Is it ok the length of time of relationships in visa?

Yes

And can anyone put the step by step process of k1 visa here. thanks so much to your help of there is.god bless

Read the Guides, link at the top of this page.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, im just a newbie here and me and my fiance were looking for some advices about k1 visa and someone on facebook told about this site. Me and my fiance from Georgia are planning to hire lawyer and she said it will cost 5k dollars, what she said that she can assure that she can really help us in k1 visa, is that the real cost of hiring lawyer or it will cost more? i know its kinda same topic from everyone and maybe repeatedly discussed but we really need some of your advices. My hubby said it will cost overall 10k dollars just to fix the visa including hiring lawyers and some papers needed. And we are 5months in relationship and met once for only two weeks ,coz he can only have a vacation for 2 weeks acc. to his job. Is it ok the length of time of relationships in visa? And can anyone put the step by step process of k1 visa here. thanks so much to your help of there is.god bless

The process can easily be don't without an attorney, total waste of money. Follow the GUIDE here for the process at USCIS for the K-1. Save your money for other things.

There is no requirement for length of time being together, only requirement is having met in person within the past two years.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Pop over to the Philippines forum and say HI... great bunch over there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Once you get to the visa application phase in Manila - follow the flashing arrow below

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

A lawyer is not needed at all, and for that price of $5K it is too much! The process is really so easy. And your hubby is wrong, it will not cost close to $10K for you to get the visa. You will pay $340 for the petition, $265 for the visa, and $245 for the medical. This is $850. You will also have smaller expenses for gathering your documents like NBI, Cenomar, NSO birth cert, etc. but those costs are not much at all. In total, you will still spend less than $1000 including all incidental expenses. I spent less than $3000 on my wife for her process and that included all the visa processing from petition to visa AND my flight there to Phil and our 2 flights to US (we flew together).

I was dating my wife for about 8 months before I filed the petition, and I also had only met her for 2 weeks in person. There was no issue at all with our process.

To help you get started, read the K-1 guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide This will help you with the initial I-129F petition.

You can also read example forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

thank you guys for some of the advices here, and we will keepupdating our status here i mean the process. is there anyone here from georgia?this is really a great site.

Timeline

and by the way guys i find out that that hendrix firm has alot of negative feedbacks crom her previous clients, i was startedto think last week about the price she wants to pay for her thanks god for ypur advices coz my hubby almost get intothe level to pay her

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

We hired a lawyer. It is expensive indeed...but the most important part (if there is such a thing) is the petition of the US Citizen. The lawyer front loaded the application. That is key for you since you have just met for two weeks...(do you think that is enough?). I would include chat logs, phone calls, photos while you two were together, write a letter of intent (both of you have to), any letters from friends/family supporting the relationship.

The third phase when you are in the USA you can save some money and do yourslelf. but 5K sounds like a lot to me.

You mentioned in your new topic about your fiancé (USC) having criminal record - drug dealer.

I think your I-129F likely to fall under IMBRA.

A consultation with a good immigration attorney will be helpful before you start the process.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

thank you guys for some of the advices here, and we will keepupdating our status here i mean the process. is there anyone here from georgia?this is really a great site.

Yes, I am from Georgia. I filed all the paperwork for my gal including: the K1 visa petition, the AOS, the ROC, and have recently filed the Citizenship application/petition and have had no problems - no RFEs and no interviews so far. My gal will have an interview for the Citizenship application. So, if I can be of any help let me know with a private message.

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please, do not waste your money on an attorney.,.,.,just follow the instructions right here, we did.,.,.,YES.,.,we had question.,,.,and always got help from the experts here..,.,.just come ask.,.,.,,.we will help.,.,.,I could surely help you with the Philippines.,.,.,,.as my wife is from Cebu!

Come here ask your questions, if common people like me cannot help you.,.,.,the experts will step forward!

Save your money! No.,.,lawyer.,.,they make more mistakes, because they get your money up front, and could care less, after that!

Timeline

really,we might fall in IMBRA oh my god, so it will takes long because of the criminal record of my fiance.

hello @carton025 ill pm you later about my questions specially me and my future husband having a difficult about his crminal record

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.