ghie23

we just starting k1 visa process

24 posts in this topic

really,we might fall in IMBRA oh my god, so it will takes long because of the criminal record of my fiance.

hello @carton025 ill pm you later about my questions specially me and my future husband having a difficult about his crminal record

You will fall under the IMBRA, but it should not affect the I-129F petition too much. The only way it would affect the petition is if your fiancé needed a multiple filing waiver (for example this is his 2nd petition in less than 2 years, or his 3rd or more petition). In that case the waiver could be denied, effectively denying the I-129F petition. But in your case he doesn't need a waiver, he simply needs to disclose all of his convictions with the I-129F petition. When you have your embassy interview, the CO will be required to disclose to you (as if you didn't know already) the entirety of your fiancé's criminal history. This disclosure to you is how the IMBRA is involved in your case.

Basically, your fiancé's criminal conviction does not disqualify him for petitioning for you.

we are also new here. my fiancee mailed our I-129f forms on 14th October, 2014. when can we expect our noa1?

You should start your own separate thread for this. You can expect your NOA1 within the first 2 weeks after you mail your petition. It can take up to 30 days.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do not spend any money on a lawyer..they are a waist of time, you can get the same result on your own.I did on my own, I just read and triple check everything before sending.

we are also new here. my fiancee mailed our I-129f forms on 14th October, 2014. when can we expect our noa1?

Well, my attorney just sent my I-129F back on September 30th and I still haven't even received a text confirming it was received at the Texas lock box. I even called the USCIS and spoke with a level 2 customer service rep. and he asked for my Fiancee's name and ran a system check and it came back unfounded. He also told me it could have been delivered but not received in the system yet, and then he said to wait another week (which will be 3 weeks since it was sent) and if still no text then call them back.

He did say it is was normal for it to take three weeks at times and to hang in there so lets see what happens...

You will fall under the IMBRA, but it should not affect the I-129F petition too much. The only way it would affect the petition is if your fiancé needed a multiple filing waiver (for example this is his 2nd petition in less than 2 years, or his 3rd or more petition). In that case the waiver could be denied, effectively denying the I-129F petition. But in your case he doesn't need a waiver, he simply needs to disclose all of his convictions with the I-129F petition. When you have your embassy interview, the CO will be required to disclose to you (as if you didn't know already) the entirety of your fiancé's criminal history. This disclosure to you is how the IMBRA is involved in your case.

Basically, your fiancé's criminal conviction does not disqualify him for petitioning for you.

You should start your own separate thread for this. You can expect your NOA1 within the first 2 weeks after you mail your petition. It can take up to 30 days.

Thanks for posting it can take up to 30 days for NOA1 as I have been so worried for the past week or so because as I had just mentioned its almost three weeks and I still haven't even received a text confirming my I-129F was delivered and accepted..

Edited by AntInPhilly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i guess it depends on the situation. my fiance doesnt have time on this due to work environment. so he hire a lawyer.

but normally it cost $1000 just for the service. excluding the filing fee, medical and interview fee.

Thanks for posting it can take up to 30 days for NOA1 as I have been so worried for the past week or so because as I had just mentioned its almost three weeks and I still haven't even received a text confirming my I-129F was delivered and accepted..

I feel like such a fool. My attorney never mailed out my I-129F until 10/20 but fed-ex'ed overnight to the Lewisville, Texas location and it was delivered the very next day, and signed for at that location.

Yesterday I received a text and an email with a receipt number stating my I-129F was received and official receipt notice (form I-797) to follow in the mail. Last night I did a case status check on the USCIS site and it said the following;

Initial Review

On October 24, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.