55 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I just want to know.. I'm 23 y/o right now.. Priority date of my father was Feb, 2, 1991.. I don't know what's the meaning of case creation date but it was dated April 17, 1991.. Petition got approved last September 14, 2011 .. We received an interview letter August 12, 2014 to our surprise I was still included even if i'm 22 that time.. BTW.. Oct. 5, 1991 was my birthday.. our scheduled interview was rescheduled to January 5, 2014.. I just want to know the odds i'm facing.. so that I can prepare for the worst..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi I just want to know.. I'm 23 y/o right now.. Priority date of my father was Feb, 2, 1991.. I don't know what's the meaning of case creation date but it was dated April 17, 1991.. Petition got approved last September 14, 2011 .. We received an interview letter August 12, 2014 to our surprise I was still included even if i'm 22 that time.. BTW.. Oct. 5, 1991 was my birthday.. our scheduled interview was rescheduled to January 5, 2014.. I just want to know the odds i'm facing.. so that I can prepare for the worst..

Why is your petition approval date 20 years after the petition was filed? Are you sure about that? If the petition was filed on Feb 2, 1991 it would make more sense if the approval date is April 17, 1991.

If we use April 17, 1991 as the petition approval date your CSPA age is 22 years, 7 mos. and 24 days which means you have already aged out. My nephew was interviewed last month (Nov. 24) and denied visa because his CSPA age is 22 years and 3 months. He was told to apply for a waiver which costs $585 without a lawyer. We still don't know if it's worth pursuing it because there is no guarantee the waiver will be approved (and if it is the appropriate course of action for his case). Hiring a lawyer will cost at least $4000 here in the US.

Good luck with your interview. It is very infuriating to go through all the application process, payment of fees ($500+), medical and interview only to be denied because you have aged out, which they should already have considered before they scheduled your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What waiver? You qualify or do not.

20 years seems unusually long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We're under F4 category... yeah we're kinda expecting for a negative result.. it's just confusing that they still included me on the interview letter that was sent to us this year(2014)...

Timeline

Why is your petition approval date 20 years after the petition was filed? Are you sure about that? If the petition was filed on Feb 2, 1991 it would make more sense if the approval date is April 17, 1991.

If we use April 17, 1991 as the petition approval date your CSPA age is 22 years, 7 mos. and 24 days which means you have already aged out. My nephew was interviewed last month (Nov. 24) and denied visa because his CSPA age is 22 years and 3 months. He was told to apply for a waiver which costs $585 without a lawyer. We still don't know if it's worth pursuing it because there is no guarantee the waiver will be approved (and if it is the appropriate course of action for his case). Hiring a lawyer will cost at least $4000 here in the US.

Good luck with your interview. It is very infuriating to go through all the application process, payment of fees ($500+), medical and interview only to be denied because you have aged out, which they should already have considered before they scheduled your interview.

I'm confused with the date, September 14, 2011 we got a letter from NVC that they received our documents, isn't that the approval date or the Visa became available??

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You are eligible for Visa under the CSPA...So just go ahead and prepare for your documents...NVC don't include if they aged out and as such you are part of the procedure.......you are good to go... :thumbs:

Good Luck...

Edited by Visa Grant

Timeline

You are eligible for Visa under the CSPA...So just go ahead and prepare for your documents...NVC don't include if they aged out and as such you are part of the procedure.......you are good to go... :thumbs:

Good Luck...

Thanks!! For now I just have to keep on praying and keep the positive vibe..

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone, just want to update you guys, yesterday I had my interview and the consul said that "everything looks okay" after that we proceed to the releasing area, the releasing officer just gave us the waiver on joining the service and explained the consequences we will face if I will not register within 30 days and told us to wait for the delivery of the passport.. does that mean we're good to go??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, just want to update you guys, yesterday I had my interview and the consul said that "everything looks okay" after that we proceed to the releasing area, the releasing officer just gave us the waiver on joining the service and explained the consequences we will face if I will not register within 30 days and told us to wait for the delivery of the passport.. does that mean we're good to go??

Sounds good. Congrats!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You forgot to do this... :dancing::dance:

You're good to go...Good Luck.. :thumbs:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Ad_ln:

I would like to remind you about an very important fact regarding CSPA age calculation. In cases of vb cutoff date retrogression, the earlist date when the applicant's priority date became current should be used for CSPA age calculation.

You mentioned that your brother's priority date became current in 2010. ( or it was "almost current"?) if so, that date should be used for CSPA calculation.

One more concern is that your bro's case may not be eligible for CSPA at all because it was filed in 1991, one requirement of CSPA is that the case must be filed after its implementation in July 2002.

F4

06/17/2003: Petition Filed

03/12/2010: Approved

Eligible for CSPA protection until August, 2016.

07/06/2015: Petitioner's name appeared at ceac.state.gov.

07/17/2015: Response received from NVC that the case is now eligible for further processing.

07/25/2015: DS-261 opened and accessible on ceac.state.gov. Still no NVC Welcome Letter received. DS-261 completed online.

07/30/2015: Child's name (already over 21) removed from the case.

08/05/2015: NVC welcome letter and AOS fee bill received. $120 AOS fee paid by Electronic Fund Transfer from a personal U.S checking account.

08/07/2015: $120 AOS fee payment processed and showed "Paid" online.

08/24/2015: Immigrant visa fee bill ($325) received via email.

08/25/2015: Immigrant visa fee paid.

08/31/2015: IV payment cleared and DS-260 opened. Start to fill out DS-260

10/06/2015: All supporting documents and financial documents submitted to NVC electronically by email.

10/08/2015: DS-260 form completed for adults.

10/08/2015: Acknowledgement email received from NVC. Case number changed from GUZ to GZO.

10/09/2015: Another acknowledgement email from NVC stating that it would take 30 days for them to review our submitted documents

11/30/2015: Checklist received. NVC did not see one of our police certificate (we sent them for sure)

12/05/2015: Missing documents submitted again.

01/15/2016: Notification of case completion. Waiting for our interview letter.

02/08/2016: Visa bulletin for March was out - our priority date will be current in March.

02/12/2016: Received interview letter. Will interview on Wednesday, April 27th in Guangzhou, China.

02/17/2016: Case arrived at the consulate. Reached out to them to add the child's name back to the case.

02/18/2016: Consulate responded and requested to email them the documents. Documents emailed immediately.

02/19/2016: Consulate responded again and asked to submit paper documents to the consulate and submit DS-260 for child.

02/20/2016: DS-260 for child was filled out and submitted.

02/22/2016: Documents submitted to consulate via bank.

02/29/2016: New interview letter received via email. Child's name was included.

03/01/2016: Priority date is officially current, CSPA age will be 20 years, 7 months and 2 days.

04/21/2016: Medical exam in Guangzhou, China.

04/27/2016: Interview - passed.

04/29/2016: Immigrant visa issued.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ad_ln:

Nevermind. I checked vb history for phillipine. The F4 date reached April 1st 1991 before the huge retrogression. Your brother's case did not become current at that time.

Best Wishes

F4

06/17/2003: Petition Filed

03/12/2010: Approved

Eligible for CSPA protection until August, 2016.

07/06/2015: Petitioner's name appeared at ceac.state.gov.

07/17/2015: Response received from NVC that the case is now eligible for further processing.

07/25/2015: DS-261 opened and accessible on ceac.state.gov. Still no NVC Welcome Letter received. DS-261 completed online.

07/30/2015: Child's name (already over 21) removed from the case.

08/05/2015: NVC welcome letter and AOS fee bill received. $120 AOS fee paid by Electronic Fund Transfer from a personal U.S checking account.

08/07/2015: $120 AOS fee payment processed and showed "Paid" online.

08/24/2015: Immigrant visa fee bill ($325) received via email.

08/25/2015: Immigrant visa fee paid.

08/31/2015: IV payment cleared and DS-260 opened. Start to fill out DS-260

10/06/2015: All supporting documents and financial documents submitted to NVC electronically by email.

10/08/2015: DS-260 form completed for adults.

10/08/2015: Acknowledgement email received from NVC. Case number changed from GUZ to GZO.

10/09/2015: Another acknowledgement email from NVC stating that it would take 30 days for them to review our submitted documents

11/30/2015: Checklist received. NVC did not see one of our police certificate (we sent them for sure)

12/05/2015: Missing documents submitted again.

01/15/2016: Notification of case completion. Waiting for our interview letter.

02/08/2016: Visa bulletin for March was out - our priority date will be current in March.

02/12/2016: Received interview letter. Will interview on Wednesday, April 27th in Guangzhou, China.

02/17/2016: Case arrived at the consulate. Reached out to them to add the child's name back to the case.

02/18/2016: Consulate responded and requested to email them the documents. Documents emailed immediately.

02/19/2016: Consulate responded again and asked to submit paper documents to the consulate and submit DS-260 for child.

02/20/2016: DS-260 for child was filled out and submitted.

02/22/2016: Documents submitted to consulate via bank.

02/29/2016: New interview letter received via email. Child's name was included.

03/01/2016: Priority date is officially current, CSPA age will be 20 years, 7 months and 2 days.

04/21/2016: Medical exam in Guangzhou, China.

04/27/2016: Interview - passed.

04/29/2016: Immigrant visa issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.