55 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You are eligible for Visa under the CSPA...So just go ahead and prepare for your documents...NVC don't include if they aged out and as such you are part of the procedure.......you are good to go... :thumbs:

Good Luck...

Good Luck.. :thumbs:

You forgot to do this... :dancing::dance:

You're good to go...Good Luck.. :thumbs:

thanks for giving hope when I was in doubt before the interview..

Good Luck for your Journey Forward.. :thumbs: ..If feasible, based on your experiences, Do come back and help more members in this forum..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Luck for your Journey Forward.. :thumbs: ..If feasible, based on your experiences, Do come back and help more members in this forum..

Of course anytime.. this VJ helped me a lot to prepare from medical to interview..

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi -

I am wondering if anyone is/was in a similar situation as we are now. Here's what happened:

1. My brother in the Philippines was petitioned by my sister under F4 category with a priority date of April 1991.

2. Four years ago (2010) the priority date became current so as his agent I gathered and submitted all application documents and paid

the fees to NVC for his family including his wife and 2 derivative beneficiaries/children.

3. One of the derivative benefiaries was only 18 when I submitted all documentations and fees in 2010.

4. The priority date for F4 retrogressed while we were waiting for notice for interview date.

5. While the visa application was dormant I kept communicating with NVC about the status and alerted them to the

fact that one of the beneficiaries wil be aging out soon. Each time they just emailed me back stating that the application

was on file and waiting for visa number to be available.

5. The priority date is now almost current but one of my nephews has aged out (22 years old). Last week I received a letter from

NVC that this nephew has aged out, does not qualify for CSPA and therefore may not be able to immigrate.

Can we contest this decision by NVC given that we already completed all applications and paid the fees back in 2010? Will a lawyer be able

to help make a case for my aged-out nephew to be allowed to immigrate with his family? Is retrogression considered delay in processing

time for this case since we were documentarily qualified in 2010? Any info or help will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Timeline

I am 25 years old and a derivative of f4 family petition. Our priority date is current. The nvc sent us appointment letter for interview and my name is not included. I proceed to medical exam and will try to attend the interview. Will i will also be given visa? We have completed all requirements eg medical, iv fees and documents. they gave me another ds 260 so i can attend the interview. thank you in advance for the reply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Derivatives usually age out at 21. Did you look up your CSPA adjusted age?

Unusual but not impossible for someone aged 25 to qualify.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We did not make it, my brother is only 22 and im 25, :(

Your parent must file the i130 for you and your brother as soon as they land in the US. 10 years of waiting ahead. Stay single.

Timeline

Marriage and work are the two normal other options.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there any fastest way that we can immigrate? This is really hard for us we waited for 25 years for this petition ???

Being engaged or married to a US citizen is the quickest. Thru your parent?.. None unfortunately.

Edited by apple21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.