Daisy.Chain

I-129F "Proof" Pictures Submission - Format?

26 posts in this topic

Good afternoon, all!

We are about to finally finish our I-129F and I have attached our 57 or so pictures with double sided tape to white paper, then labeled the pictures clearly with names of all in the pictures, what is happening in the picture and where the picture was taken. I also put a heading at the top of the page and wrote my (petiitoner's) name and that it is I-129F. This way it's easier to see which ones go together; ie "Family retreat" etc.

I did this because I read it on visajourney somewhere, but I've now read that others have submitted the pictures in a clear plastic bag.

Can I leave my pictures as they are or should I change the format? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Follow the VJ K1 Guide:

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Has anyone sent pictures just attached to white pages with the labels on those? I'm wondering if I should re-print mine and stick them in plastic bags.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Where is this from? I've seen it on the visajourney website but not on the USCIS page.

Yes, you are correct. As noted in my message, it is a quote from the VJ K1 Guide. The Guide has been successfully used by many, many people on their immigration journey. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good afternoon, all!

We are about to finally finish our I-129F and I have attached our 57 or so pictures with double sided tape to white paper, then labeled the pictures clearly with names of all in the pictures, what is happening in the picture and where the picture was taken. I also put a heading at the top of the page and wrote my (petiitoner's) name and that it is I-129F. This way it's easier to see which ones go together; ie "Family retreat" etc.

I did this because I read it on visajourney somewhere, but I've now read that others have submitted the pictures in a clear plastic bag.

Can I leave my pictures as they are or should I change the format? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

You can leave them taped to sheets of paper. You can even print out photos onto plain printer paper and send them that way. They do not have to be loose photos printed on photo paper even. Arrange them with captions as you like.

The guide here states to have digital photos printed out on photo paper as actual loose photos, and yes, people have successfully followed the guide. People have also printed out digital photos on plain paper, a few photos to a sheet and have been just as successful. I disagree with the wording of that part of the guide. It suggests you must print out digital photos at a store somewhere and send actual photos. This is not a requirement of the I-129F petition.

~ Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to K-1 Process ~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I printed out about 8 photos from my 2 visits onto plain white copy paper. They were not on photo paper. I printed them in 4X6 size and then wrote the date, time, location, and people in the photo on the remaining white space on the 8x11 1/2 piece of paper.

Received our NOA2 in 65 days.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All you need to do is print out the picture on regular copy paper and send them in. I suggest about 5 to 10. I have never labeled them.

I have been approved for (3) K1 Visas and as you can see on my timeline I have had 2 of them approved in less than 60 days, including my last one.

I have to agree with the statement of printing out digital photos.

I used a decent home color printer and printed out about twelve photos of my fiancée and myself together in different parts of Israel. I simply wrote neatly on each page where they were taken and the date.

When I went to print out the photo's I chose comes of us hugging, some just siting together, some of me with a soaking wet T-Shirt and her smiling ( I am sure they got a laugh out of those) and one me and Fiancee doing a mud bath at the Dead Sea. I thought I should have some with some humor so they could see we were having a good time and not just staging photo's, what the heck.

Do organize your packet, with a summary sheet on the front dividing each part and listing what was in each part, I also include a summary sheet on section.

Go over each form, letter, etc. Then Set the packet down and wait a day and look it over again before you mail it. Check for signatures, dates and have your fiancée look at each form. I showed my fiancée the entire I-129 over Skype, I had her read it to make sure I had spelled all of her info correctly, she found a few errors where I had misspelled a city or province. In my finally review I found a missing signature and missing signature date, ERRRR that could have meant an RFE or RFI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow!! 57 pictures, We only submitted 5. You will be fine, God bless you in this journey :)

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I printed my photos on plain ordinary paper (high quality photos) & like all notations in my package, wrote everything on sticky notes & stuck them to all the evidence included. Granted, I only included 3 photos of us. I didn't get an rfe. Photos are secondary evidence.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I put 20 pictures in clear plastic 3 ring binder folder, and described each one!

THAT was the first thing, that the interviewer, at the interview wanted to see from my now, wife.,.,.,.,..,he said, "show me some pictures?"

some people down-play the importance of pictures as secondary evidence.,.,.,I disagree.,,..as it was very important to the office, and he asked many questions about them!

Just do it, the right way, as the VJ site, says.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The OP is submitting an I-129F petition, not having the visa interview. There is a difference between proof of meeting for the I-129F petition, in which photos are indeed secondary evidence, and ongoing relationship evidence for the interview. Some consulates like to see photos at the interview, and some don't. It is never 'one-size-fits-all' when it comes to requirements and procedures of the various consulates. What consulate you will interview at is also the determining factor in how much you should 'front-load' your petition.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.