cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hello nobody can reply

Hi moumoune,

No, it isn't that no one can reply to your questions about the speed that your petition will move along through the overall process once you receive your approval, it's that those times are so highly variable from case to case that they defy all attempts to predict them. And each embassy is different WRT their procedures and wait times, so that only further complicates the picture. And if your petition is - for some reason - held up in AP while it's in the NVC, oh boy, but does THAT ever increase your wait time. And no one knows if their petition will be selected to go into AP because it's completely random.

If you want an example of the these times, look at my signature (and the signature of some other folk), or go look at some timelines of those who have been approved, most especially you should concentrate on those petitions that went to your same consulate/embassy. Then you can start to get an idea of how long yours might take.

Edited by av8or1

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Happy 250th day in TSC purgatory to meeeee :jest:

I would be incredibly depressed if it wasn't for the surreality of the situation.. so hard to believe we even got that far in the first place.

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

Haahhhhhaaaaa Happy 240 .... days something to me .... We will get our approval when Jesus Returns ....?????

I would be incredibly depressed if it wasn't for the surreality of the situation.. so hard to believe we even got that far in the first place.

on your timeline, you received NO1 in september 16th... how come if the update is september 18th?

Hi moumoune,

No, it isn't that no one can reply to your questions about the speed that your petition will move along through the overall process once you receive your approval, it's that those times are so highly variable from case to case that they defy all attempts to predict them. And each embassy is different WRT their procedures and wait times, so that only further complicates the picture. And if your petition is - for some reason - held up in AP while it's in the NVC, oh boy, but does THAT ever increase your wait time. And no one knows if their petition will be selected to go into AP because it's completely random.

If you want an example of the these times, look at my signature (and the signature of some other folk), or go look at some timelines of those who have been approved, most especially you should concentrate on those petitions that went to your same consulate/embassy. Then you can start to get an idea of how long yours might take.

Thank you. I won't be in the us until september I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, mewbear! Saying prayers for you and all of the other September filers who are still waiting. I'd say that this is beyond ridiculous, but it's even beyond that...

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

This upcoming week will be our week! :)

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This upcoming week will be our week! :)

Hope so,

Monday is memorial day + flooding in texas +tornado warning

hope they will go to work on tuesday

Edited by Mag&Chef

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline

Is it normal that I feel like giving up after 8 months waiting ???

I've never felt like giving up on the process to be with my loved one, but giving up on positive thinking? Yep, I'm there. Well past that point, actually. Today marks 245 days in TSC purgatory. Even a month ago when I was feeling pessimistic, I didn't think I'd actually see 250 days. Now, I'm planning on seeing 300 because it feels like I just can't have nice things! Hopes and dreams dangled in front of my face, but not within reach. That seems to be the theme here. After Pfredrikson (sp?) was approved a few weeks ago I was feeling really positive because his file date is two days after mine. Now, I'm back to feeling nauseated, forgotten about and just overwhelmed with the possibility of not having a Visa in my hand by my October 23 wedding date.

And today is an American holiday, so I feel like this short week of theirs might be a write off.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Timeline

I've never felt like giving up on the process to be with my loved one, but giving up on positive thinking? Yep, I'm there. Well past that point, actually. Today marks 245 days in TSC purgatory. Even a month ago when I was feeling pessimistic, I didn't think I'd actually see 250 days. Now, I'm planning on seeing 300 because it feels like I just can't have nice things! Hopes and dreams dangled in front of my face, but not within reach. That seems to be the theme here. After Pfredrikson (sp?) was approved a few weeks ago I was feeling really positive because his file date is two days after mine. Now, I'm back to feeling nauseated, forgotten about and just overwhelmed with the possibility of not having a Visa in my hand by my October 23 wedding date.

And today is an American holiday, so I feel like this short week of theirs might be a write off.

I know how you feel, especially as you just left Raleigh, when I said goodbye to Rich in early January we both thought it was a matter of a couple months. We were sure I would have moved by May 1st. Every day is a let down and it's really hard to find the strength to think positively.

Rather than the bank holiday, it's the flooding that makes me feel like we aren't getting anywhere near being approved.

Hang in there lady, we'll get there!

Timeline

I know how you feel, especially as you just left Raleigh, when I said goodbye to Rich in early January we both thought it was a matter of a couple months. We were sure I would have moved by May 1st. Every day is a let down and it's really hard to find the strength to think positively.

Rather than the bank holiday, it's the flooding that makes me feel like we aren't getting anywhere near being approved.

Hang in there lady, we'll get there!

Thanks, Mew!

Ugh, the flooding. I keep forgetting about that, too. Hopefully that blows over quickly (for many reasons).

Also, am I the only one who is freaking out over the amount of October, November and DECEMBER files being approved right now? This morning, the "last 15 files approved" are all Oct/Nov/Dec files! (Save for, like, one Sept.) The things I would do in order to have a word with the adjucator whose desk my file fell upon, and his clearly oblivious supervisor.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Timeline

I have a question regarding the Affidavit of Support for the interview (i-134) does any of you know if it has a limited date on it? Ex: the background check (police certificate) and birth certificate needs to be less than 3 months old, does the affidavit has validity date?

I made Rich file his in March because I thought we were going to be approved soon, and that way we would have all documents ready, but now I'm wondering.

Timeline

Thanks, Mew!

Ugh, the flooding. I keep forgetting about that, too. Hopefully that blows over quickly (for many reasons).

Also, am I the only one who is freaking out over the amount of October, November and DECEMBER files being approved right now? This morning, the "last 15 files approved" are all Oct/Nov/Dec files! (Save for, like, one Sept.) The things I would do in order to have a word with the adjucator whose desk my file fell upon, and his clearly oblivious supervisor.

You're definitely not the only one. I was relatively nice for a long time, now I'm just hunting for blood everytime we call USCIS. It's absolutely sickening that NOBODY can give us a validate answer. It's always "it will be your turn soon", sorry but after 8 months I have no intention to wait any longer, nor should you have the guts to tell me to keep on waiting.

This whole thing is turning me into a monster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

There doesn't seem to be any requirement for the I-134 to be immediately recent. William prepared his in mid March. That was a full two two months before the interview and they were perfectly happy with it. I've read reports of people prepaying theirs even further ahead of time with no issues. I think if it was a year old they might ask for something updated but check your embassy reviews. I don't think they expect you to have it ridiculously recently though.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.