Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

my scan date was 8/8 for both aos and iv, I got a checklist for the aos only and it shows two errors that my attorney made first one is

Part 3 Item 7 -- Enter the total of Immigrants you are sponsoring .. She left this blank :cry:

2nd part and the one I'm still confuse about..

Part 6 Item 13 a.1 and it says exactly this

"The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent Federal income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead."

what is the total amount that need to go in that form? My attorney say she fixed it but I just don't know anymore.. I had file with w-2 and 1040 form only in 2013 ....

I just got a checklist on this... I'm so confuse also on that part... :(

keep your chin up and get those corrections in asap, at the rate the NVC is going lately maybe it won't take so long for them to get back to your paperwork.

I have been trying to call NVC for an hour, but no such luck. Is anyone else experiencing problems? It's not even giving me a busy signal, but just doesn't work. I have made sure my phone works and its fine calling anyone else.

Hahaha, nevermind. As soon as I asked it went through! Magic ;)

Yesterday it took 41 calls back to back for me to get through.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

keep your chin up and get those corrections in asap, at the rate the NVC is going lately maybe it won't take so long for them to get back to your paperwork.

Yesterday it took 41 calls back to back for me to get through.

Thanks Charlie... Its been a stressful day and last night breaking the news to my hubby was just horrible but after going crazy at my attorney today she came to my work with the '' Fixed '' Aos for me to sign and will overnight it to Nvc.. Hopefully I get a scan date soon and finally get a cc and praying there is nothing wrong with the '' Gross amount '' that part still confusing..... did you hear anything on yours?

Edited by Qbanita

Thanks Charlie... Its been a stressful day and last night breaking the news to my hubby was just horrible but after going crazy at my attorney today she came to my work with the '' Fixed '' Aos for me to sign and will overnight it to Nvc.. Hopefully I get a scan date soon and finally get a cc and praying there is nothing wrong with the '' Gross amount '' that part still confusing..... did you hear anything on yours?

Nothing yet, they must not be looking at everything scanned. My IV scan is 8/8, but I got a checklist for my AOS scanned on 8/15. I requested yesterday for a supervisor to call but have not heard from anyone.

Alright - got the e-mail for the IV processing fee (YAY!) but aside from that I'm just wondering with all of the AOS checklists going around - am I assuming right that perhaps ours will be easier since we are not going through all of the taxes/W2's or the such? I am the USC and a SAHM living outside of the US for over 9 years. We are only providing assets and a job offer contract to sustain us.

Has anyone just put assets acrossed and how does it affect your processing? Is it easier because I will literally be putting 0 on incomes and tax information? I will of course put acrossed a cover sheet stating the reason why I did not file taxes but our assets are well over the poverty line for our household.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage: 2008-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-05

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-25

NVC Received : 2014-09-12

NVC Case & IIN Number Assigned: 2014-09-22

DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-09-22

AOS Bill / Payment Made: 2014-09-23

Received IV Bill: 2014-10-02

Paid IV Bill: 2014-10-03

Sent AOS & IV: 2014-10-19

Package Received by NVC: 2014-10-22

Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-10-23

Submitted DS-260: 2014-10-23

Checklist received (AOS - missing check box): 2014-12-17

Re-submitted documents (received by NVC): 2014-12-30

Submitted expedite request: 2015-01-02

Expedite approved by embassy: 2015-01-05

Files shipped to embassy: 2015-01-07

Medical scheduled: 2015-01-13

Embassy received files: 2014-01-12

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

* I-130 was approved in 20 days from NOA1 date.

* NVC received case in 18 days from NOA2 date.

* NVC assigned Case & IIN # in 10 days from NVC received date.

* DS-261 Filled out in 0 days from receiving Case number.

* AOS Bill paid in 1 day from filing DS-261

* IV Bill Received 11 days after filling DS-261

* NVC Scanned AOS/IV Package 3 days after sending

* Checklist received 55 days after sending documents

* Expedite approved 3 days after submission

* Files shipped to embassy 2 days after expedite approved

* Files received by embassy 5 days after shipped from NVC

Checking in for my 6th NVC thread :(

We've been stuck at the NVC since May and we are now waiting for our AOS checklist to be reviewed. New AOS scan date is September 23. We would have been CC if not for the error of our incompetent attorney that used adjusted gross income and not total income on the AOS. Everything else (IV package, 260, etc) was accepted. Small error, huge price to pay.

Word to the wise for everyone. Ensure your documents are correct. Don't trust your attorney. It is a two month penalty for any mistakes.

dominican rep is the embassy we will be going to for the interview …also i agree ..we had a lawyer who made a silly mistake and costed us another 60day wait …our scan date is AUG 14 so we should be getting a CC anytime soon …good luck mdzcpa!!

07 may - nvc email to pay both IV and AOS fee :goofy:

07 may - aos fee paid :crying::crying:

16 may - visa fee paid :crying::crying:

30 may - sent in ds-260 electronic form :dancing:

09 june - NVC received both IV and AOS packages :idea:

11 july - i emailed nvc about our case :clock:

21 july - NVC AOS checklist for putting wrong income :ranting:

28 july - sent back NVC checklist :sleepy:

15 aug - scan date at NVC by phone

16 aug - NVC email inquiry response saying we got all documents

22 sept - nvc 60 day email letter received with scan date of AUG 14 :cry:

7 oct - the same damn checklist for wrong income and missing pages…ugh

10 oct - sent out our 2nd checklist …once again asking for the SAME DAMN THING!

14 oct - NVC email saying documents received and scan date of OCT 14 ..let the 60day wait begin :(

15 oct - sent expedite email request to NVC and embassy

20 oct - expedite email APPROVED!

22 OCT - NVC confirmed case is no longer there and ceac processing site changed from NVC to SANTO DOMINGO! BYE BYE NVC!!!!!

:cry: ****60 days for CC will be DEC 14 ……have been in NVC since April 2013 :crying:

Timeline

Nothing yet, they must not be looking at everything scanned. My IV scan is 8/8, but I got a checklist for my AOS scanned on 8/15. I requested yesterday for a supervisor to call but have not heard from anyone.

oh you will get a cc next week!! :)

Question guyss

My atty sent the packages to nvc on Sept 24, she said they received/scan date 9/26, im new to all this so I check the ceac page and it doesn show this info just, n/a n/a in both of them, how can I know about thw scan date

NOA1 I130 - March 20 2014 TSC
NOA2 I130 - August 20 TSC
Sent to NVC August 27 from TSC
Received - September 15
Case Number and IIN - September 17
AOS/IV FEE -Sept 17
PAID - Sept 17
Ds260 Complete- Sept 25
Package sent Sept 30
Scan Date Oct 2
Case Complete - November 25 :dancing:

Interview: January 28 APPROOOVEDDDD!!

Visa Issued: January 28

Finally Home (L) : Feb/7/2015

We are 15 Aug but no news yet......

AUG 14 here

I just called the embassy and my hubby's interview will be October 15th. I am so happy

congrats and good luck !!! :)

07 may - nvc email to pay both IV and AOS fee :goofy:

07 may - aos fee paid :crying::crying:

16 may - visa fee paid :crying::crying:

30 may - sent in ds-260 electronic form :dancing:

09 june - NVC received both IV and AOS packages :idea:

11 july - i emailed nvc about our case :clock:

21 july - NVC AOS checklist for putting wrong income :ranting:

28 july - sent back NVC checklist :sleepy:

15 aug - scan date at NVC by phone

16 aug - NVC email inquiry response saying we got all documents

22 sept - nvc 60 day email letter received with scan date of AUG 14 :cry:

7 oct - the same damn checklist for wrong income and missing pages…ugh

10 oct - sent out our 2nd checklist …once again asking for the SAME DAMN THING!

14 oct - NVC email saying documents received and scan date of OCT 14 ..let the 60day wait begin :(

15 oct - sent expedite email request to NVC and embassy

20 oct - expedite email APPROVED!

22 OCT - NVC confirmed case is no longer there and ceac processing site changed from NVC to SANTO DOMINGO! BYE BYE NVC!!!!!

:cry: ****60 days for CC will be DEC 14 ……have been in NVC since April 2013 :crying:

Timeline

Question guyss

My atty sent the packages to nvc on Sept 24, she said they received/scan date 9/26, im new to all this so I check the ceac page and it doesn show this info just, n/a n/a in both of them, how can I know about thw scan date

those will always stay in N/A and your scan date is the date your doc was received at nvc.. your 60 day notice should tell you something along this line ... We received your documents on so and so date please allow 60 days to review....

those will always stay in N/A and your scan date is the date your doc was received at nvc.. your 60 day notice should tell you something along this line ... We received your documents on so and so date please allow 60 days to review....

I received one that says 2 to 4 weeks to review then they will send it to the consulate so thats the scanned day!! Thank you cubanita

NOA1 I130 - March 20 2014 TSC
NOA2 I130 - August 20 TSC
Sent to NVC August 27 from TSC
Received - September 15
Case Number and IIN - September 17
AOS/IV FEE -Sept 17
PAID - Sept 17
Ds260 Complete- Sept 25
Package sent Sept 30
Scan Date Oct 2
Case Complete - November 25 :dancing:

Interview: January 28 APPROOOVEDDDD!!

Visa Issued: January 28

Finally Home (L) : Feb/7/2015

Timeline

I received one that says 2 to 4 weeks to review then they will send it to the consulate so thats the scanned day!! Thank you cubanita

they when down to 2/4 weeks? oh wow that's awesome news!!! and yes that is the scan date.. for what I can tell they are working on August 12th as off now... I was August 8th and just got news from them yesterday about my case but it was a checklist for my aos :( so staring the whole process again

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

if the PCC expired before they review it will it be a problem, will i get a checklist for that or can i take a new one to the interview. IV scan date was 25th Aug

I doubt you would get a checklist but it is good to take a new one for interview.

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

I have an expedited case with the NVC and I received an email saying that review of my paperwork (AOS & IV) will take up to 60 days. My question is, does my expedite affect the review process at all or will I have to wait the 60 days?

Thanks in advance.

I have had the same problem so I'll tell you what a supervisor told me. She said that some embassies want to have all documents reviewed before they are sent to them and others don't have that requirement. Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky ones. I had my expedite approved August 4 and I am still here waiting for a CC. I even sent my IV docs to PI Supervisor, as was instructed, and it has made no difference at all. In fact, my docs were received by the NVC on August 8 but they weren't scanned in until the 18th. How's that for expediting?? The only thing that may be expedited for me is the interview date. I'm not holding my breath though.

I sure hope you are one of the lucky ones. Best of luck to you!

oh you will get a cc next week!! :)

Though I sent in my IV on 8/8 and my AOS checklist correction on 8/15 I also sent in one document on 9/9. I just got off the phone with an operator who informed me that as of today the NVC will be reveiwing all documents together base on the last scan date they have . So my IV and checklist will not be looked at until they get to the date of my last doc 9/9. Which also means that if I have a checklist on the IV pkg I sent in on 8/8 I will not know until 9/9. What a crock. They are free to change the rules in any way they want. This just seems so unfair.

Edited by charlie0225

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.