Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you submit DS-260? Then send all civil documents ASAP… Since coming from Mexico (Volume of cases) it will be delayed…

Yes the second I received the IV fee I paid it and kept checking to see when it was open and as soon as it was I filled it out and submitted it. But since he needed the passport for the packet he went to get it and they kept his original birth certificate. It arrived this week so I'm expecting to send it by this monday. I included everything in the second packet except the Birth Certificate. When I called NVC they told me not to send anything though just in case they need other documents because then it would be another 60 day delay. I don't really want to listen to them though because if I'm not missing anything except the BC then I'm just delaying myself aren't I?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

IV package scanned 8/26 AOS checklist response scanned 9/8.

I just called NVC and they told me IV package was reviewed yesterday (58 calendar days) and that an email was generated that they had not received my checklist response. The operator told me to ignore the email as I had responded but that they hadn't reviewed it yet. I keep checking CEAC hoping for that CC but I guess I still have a while to wait. I just really need my husband to be here with us by Xmas. I also read that our embassy (Dublin) is going to be operating limited services and will be closed for extra days after Thanksgiving due to renovations. I wonder if that will impact on interviews?

Edited by artattack

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OMG! I was reviewing the DS260 our lawyer fill out on line and she enter my bday 8/2 and its 8/26. And on that question will your spouse immigrate with you she answered yes. I'm a citizen, aren't does questions to my husband so how can I immigrate. Jesus I'm going to catch a heart attack! My scan date 9/24 and DS 260 submitted 9/10. Will I get a checklist??? Advice please!

I have not seen a checklist for DS-260 yet, I believe the only updates can be made at the interview. People who had mistakenly entered the wrong information mentioned it at the interview and had it corrected.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes the second I received the IV fee I paid it and kept checking to see when it was open and as soon as it was I filled it out and submitted it. But since he needed the passport for the packet he went to get it and they kept his original birth certificate.

How long it takes to get a passport in Mexico ?

Filed: Timeline

OMG! I was reviewing the DS260 our lawyer fill out on line and she enter my bday 8/2 and its 8/26. And on that question will your spouse immigrate with you she answered yes. I'm a citizen, aren't does questions to my husband so how can I immigrate. Jesus I'm going to catch a heart attack! My scan date 9/24 and DS 260 submitted 9/10. Will I get a checklist??? Advice please!

I second what Romii said. You can actually call NVC and ask them specifically whether the DS260 has been reviewed and accepted. In my case, it was reviewed within two days of submission while AOS and IV (and the checklist) all took close to 60 days each. If you read the receipt that you received after submitting DS260, it says that the beneficiary will have to sign in the embassy about the truth of the statements. At that time, she can make any changes.

Wow, so the NVC finally simplified their website... Now telling people to submit all documents in one pakage, probably to avoid the 60 day thing. :)

Well even though we didn't do that and a few others listed on the spreadsheet as well, I'm glad it will help future people get a CC faster.

w00t w00t Comon NVC *waves hands around infusing NVC with speed and awesome paper processing skills* :thumbs:

Hey, I had the same issue. My total income did not match with line 22 for 1040. Sent I864 again on 10/22/2014 by over night.

Goodness! Romii and intheline thank you I feel like my heart rate is coming back to normal. I made my husband call the lawyer which said she will look into it. Don't trust her word! So thank you I'm not sure if to call NVC just cause these 60 days waiting game for all mistake. Tmw we are 30 days waiting for cc. My last scan date 9/24. Any cc for that date yet? Again thanks romii and intheline.

Hey, I had the same issue. My total income did not match with line 22 for 1040. Sent I864 again on 10/22/2014 by over night.

Mine was sent the same day as yours overnight.. So I'll post here if I hear anything... Hopefully we hear soon from them!

Hopefully they change the wording of that question in the future, for the sake of future applicants! :idea:

Edited by FeelinitNow

IR-1 Visa

1/09/14 I-130 Packet sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

1/20/14 - I-130 Forwarded to USCIS Texas

1/24/14 - NOA1 I-130

5/28/14 - NOA2 I-130

6/11/14 - NVC Receives Case

7/7/14 - Case # Received

7/18/14 - DS-261 Sent In

7/18/14 - AOS Invoiced and Paid

7/22/14 - AOS Package sent

8/01/14 - AOS Documents Received/Scanned

9/04/14 - IV Fee Invoiced

9/10/14 - IV Fee Shows Paid

9/13/14 - IV Package Sent

9/13/14 - DS-260 Completed

9/22/14 - IV Package Received/Scanned

10/21/14 - Both packages reviewed

10/21/14 - Check listed

10/22/14 - Revised Document (I-864A) Sent off via USPS Express Next Day Delivery

12/22/14 - Case Completed

12-30-14 - Interview Date Given

02/17/15 - Medical

2/27/15 - Interview Date

Xxxxxxx - Point of Entry

Timeline

Oh no new NVC thread will be starting next week and looks like I will still be around. Will be my 7th months at NVC.... How exciting :(

IR1/CR1 ? .. It's unusual

Timeline

Yup got there when things were really slow... 35 days for case number and 72 days for IV fees invoice and then checklist for something I already submitted.

Different for every one... mine 25 days for Case Number and 31 days for IV fee Invoice. 56 days waiting for document review :clock:

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

How long it takes to get a passport in Mexico ?

From filing out forms and making the 2 appointments it took 2 weeks and the passport arrived right away but they told my husband "heres a copy of your Birth certificate go order a new one because this one needs to stay here" Which I thought was strange since in the U.S. they return it by mail with the passport. But oh well I have to get it translated and mail it by monday since I should have it by tomorrow evening. Then depending on about 2 weeks for them to receive it +60 days for document review. :clock: But i think its better than waiting for them to send me a checklist no?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

hi what happen to me is when they reviewing by this 2 package together and my AOS scan date was aug 14th and iv 26th sep so my 60 days over last week and just last week I saw that I have mistake in my AOS and I sent it right away on Friday and they review my both package on Monday the correct AOS was there already but was not in system so they review other 2 and send me checklist.. so if I saw that mistake 1 week before I would send it and was review everything and by this time I had cc. but human makes mistakes just lets take it that way.. :crying::crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It doesn't mean that it will take 60 days... On 10/20 they scanned in the documents you send on 10/03 .. When did you submit DS-261 ?

Hi ,

10/3 is the scan date for my docs send on 10/2 by overnight mail

Ds-261 was submited on 30 September

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.