Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I have read and re-read so many different and conflicting answers so i am just going to ask these few questions myself and see what I get before I send these off and get a check list. So thanks in advance for any answers that you feel could set me straight and assure me I am sending in the correct paperwork.

1. For the joint sponsor's (mom) I-864 form, if she filed jointly and with a 1040, first...do I use the entire joint income which is both her's and her husband's? and then submit her

W-2's? and then this would mean I can't use the transcripts, right because it doesn't divide the income?

2. And so...if she makes over and above the amount needed to sponsor my husband, do we still need to get her husband to sign the I-864A?

3. When submitting the AOS package do I need to send my (petitioner) original birth cert plus copy? Original Marriage certificate plus copy? Original divorce decree plus copy? Or are they asking for these forms from the beneficiary in the IV package? And do we need to send them in twice if so, once in the AOS package and once in the IV package? And the all need to be originals? Do we get these back at the end of the process? Does the joint sponsor need to send these in the packet these as well?

4. Do I need to send my divorce decree as well if I am divorced? And which do the above papers belong with...the AOS package or the IV package?

I am sure there are more questions but this is what is on top of me at the moment. Would love to know correctly without going to a lawyer, but maybe they will prevent a check list and longer processing time?

1. For the question asking about tax information, yes, it'd be the joint amount. You'd either include the tax transcripts and her W2s, or the entire tax package (1040, W2s, 1099s, schedules, worksheets, etc).

2. No, an I-864A isn't required if he doesn't want to fill it out.

3. No, civil documents aren't required of the petitioner in the AOS package (and only in IR-5 cases for the IV package). The civil documents just need to be of the beneficiary and in the IV package. Include photocopies with the originals and you'll get the originals back at the time of an approved interview. For the joint sponsor, they need to include a PHOTOCOPY (no original needed) of proof of their US citizenship/residency.

4. Read above in regards to petitioner documents.

I highly, highly, highly suggest you read the first post, specifically the wiki I wrote. I explain what's needed in both packages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey All,

I have read and re-read so many different and conflicting answers so i am just going to ask these few questions myself and see what I get before I send these off and get a check list. So thanks in advance for any answers that you feel could set me straight and assure me I am sending in the correct paperwork.

1. For the joint sponsor's (mom) I-864 form, if she filed jointly and with a 1040, first...do I use the entire joint income which is both her's and her husband's? and then submit her

W-2's? and then this would mean I can't use the transcripts, right because it doesn't divide the income?

2. And so...if she makes over and above the amount needed to sponsor my husband, do we still need to get her husband to sign the I-864A?

3. When submitting the AOS package do I need to send my (petitioner) original birth cert plus copy? Original Marriage certificate plus copy? Original divorce decree plus copy? Or are they asking for these forms from the beneficiary in the IV package? And do we need to send them in twice if so, once in the AOS package and once in the IV package? And the all need to be originals? Do we get these back at the end of the process? Does the joint sponsor need to send these in the packet these as well?

4. Do I need to send my divorce decree as well if I am divorced? And which do the above papers belong with...the AOS package or the IV package?

I am sure there are more questions but this is what is on top of me at the moment. Would love to know correctly without going to a lawyer, but maybe they will prevent a check list and longer processing time?

On part 4 for the AOS it asks for the petitioners residence. My case is a little complex because my job, house, banks, life is in the USA. But I have been out of the USA for a littler over a year now so I could be with my husband during this long process... Italy has this documentation for spouses that is a permit to stay- it isn't a visa. So I am legally here because of that documentation...Should I put down my principal residence in USA or address where I am living Italy for the residence?

I'm leaning more towards your US address, but not sure. I'd suggest just putting one down and then asking at the interview. They'll tell you which it should be.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys just want to ask again to those who fill out DS-260... What explanation u provide in question:

"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"

TIA

Even if you put yes.. its fine... your doctor can perform a test for evidence of immunity

Thank You Adilahmed. We are really hoping to receive the CC news soon. Please VJ keep updates on cc with Sept scan date. This waiting game is torture.

Yes, that should suffice, in my opinion.

Thanks.. thanks

One more.. is DS-260 is all about the beneficiary/applicant?

It confused me Coz theres a question about petitioner like

1. "Q: is your spouse immigrating with you?

2."Q: is your spouse immigrating with you at the later date to join you?"

Is these for applicant question or for the petitioner?

Confused

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks.. thanks

Confused

if you are the beneficiary and your spouse is in USA (petitioner ) then put NO in both questions.

remember that this form ds260 is used for more visas than just CR1/IR1.. thus why some questions might not be applicable (read: confusing) in your situation :)

Edited by nanana

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks.. thanks

Confused

Its for the applicant... since DS-260 is used for different case group

I'm leaning more towards your US address, but not sure. I'd suggest just putting one down and then asking at the interview. They'll tell you which it should be.

Thanks Saylin! I am going to prepare one with the italian address and one with the us one and see which they prefer.

USCIS

Sent i-130: October 4th, 2013

NOA1: October 8th, 2013

NOA2: March 26, 2014

NVC

Received case from USCIS: April 29th, 2014

Received Case Number: May 29th, 2014

Received DS-261/AOS Bill: June 3rd, 2014

Paid AOS: June 3rd, 2014

Submitted DS-261: June 3rd, 2014

Sent AOS Packet: June 5th, 2014

DS-261 Reviewed via NVC agent on phone: July 10th, 2014

Received DS-260 Bill: July 18th, 2014

Paid DS-260 Bill: July 18th, 2014

Sent Packet IV: July 21st, 2014

Submitted DS-260: July 22nd, 2014

NVC Received Packet IV: July 22nd, 2014

Received False Check List for AOS via email: July 23rd, 2014

NVC Scanned Packet IV: July 28th, 2014

Received 60 calendar day review email due to backlog: August 5, 2014

Case Complete via phone call to NVC: September 16th

NVC Case Complete Email Received: September 23rd, 2014

Did not receive any REAL checklists- Thanks Saylin!

Called NVC For Interview Date & was told to call back next week: September 24th, 2014

Called NVC For Interview Date & was told November interviews were started to be scheduled as of today: October 1, 2014

Called NVC For Interview Date & was told no interview date yet and to call again tomorrow: October 2, 2014

Called NVC For Interview Date & scheduled!!!! October 3, 2014

Interview Date From NVC: November 26th, 2014

Received P4 Letter (Interview Letter) via email: October 8th, 2014

Documents in transit from NVC to consulate: October 9th, 2014

Documents arrived to the consulate from NVC: October 14th, 2014 (longer delay because of holiday weekend)

Emailed consulate to request a sooner interview date: October 14th, 2014

NEW INTERVIEW DATE October 28th, 2014 9:30am & MEDICAL DATE October 27th, 2014 8am: October 15th, 2014 via Naples Consulate email

Visa Issued: October 28th, 2014

Visa arrived in mail: October 29th, 2014

POE: November 3rd, 2014 at JFK

Thanks Saylin! I am going to prepare one with the italian address and one with the us one and see which they prefer.

Exactly what you should do :thumbs:

if you are the beneficiary and your spouse is in USA (petitioner ) then put NO in both questions.

remember that this form ds260 is used for more visas than just CR1/IR1.. thus why some questions might not be applicable (read: confusing) in your situation :)

Thats what i thought.. thanks thanks

Its for the applicant... since DS-260 is used for different case group

Thank you :)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My question is i sent my AOS Scan date is 14th aug iv scan 26th sep. And i caught mistake on my aos on sep 17 and i sent it that day with attn: cmr aos cover sheet.and i got reviewed my case on sep 21 and they send me checklist of course is same error what i sent it but want to know in checklist there is one cover sheet attn: DR and says if you don't send with new AOS will delay the visa process that is something i have to worry about ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi Saylin,

I have been a follower for a long time now and am finally posting now that i got a checklist.

General Instructions
[x] SWANSON, BEVERLY ANN (mom) (household member) must complete and submit an I-864A.
I understand my silly mistake but here is my dilemma, I cannot support my husband in no possible way because i am with him out of the country so my dad, mom and i all filed an I-864 with all supporting documents. I only got a checklist for my mom to do a I- 864 A but when i called and talked to an operator a man told me that my dad as well had to file an I-864 A. In my checklist it says nothing about my dad. I put in my I-864 Part 3 section 1. that I am not sponsoring the following immigrant so wouldn't it make my dad the official sponsor? Should I go with what he says and do an I 864 A for my dad or just go with what my checklist says.
Thaaaaaanks in advance :goofy:

I just do not see a pattern in the dates of case completes. It's pretty frustrating. Our AOS and IV original scan date was July 15 (sent together) and we received an AOS check list on Sept 10 with a reply scan date of September 23. I see original documents from August not reviewed yet, Checklists from October scans already CC and other Checklists from August still not CC. It's so confusing.

Does anyone see a pattern here or have any insight in to how they believe they are processing? I have no idea if I'm supposed to plan on the 60 Day wait (which puts us around November 23 for CC) or I'm supposed to think it could be any day now. What a rollercoaster!

I too am doing exactly what you are doing and am struggling to see the pattern. Have even made my own spreadsheet to help track and to make sense of what is going on, however, alas, no luck. Confused also.

Hi Saylin,

I have been a follower for a long time now and am finally posting now that i got a checklist.

General Instructions
[x] SWANSON, BEVERLY ANN (mom) (household member) must complete and submit an I-864A.
I understand my silly mistake but here is my dilemma, I cannot support my husband in no possible way because i am with him out of the country so my dad, mom and i all filed an I-864 with all supporting documents. I only got a checklist for my mom to do a I- 864 A but when i called and talked to an operator a man told me that my dad as well had to file an I-864 A. In my checklist it says nothing about my dad. I put in my I-864 Part 3 section 1. that I am not sponsoring the following immigrant so wouldn't it make my dad the official sponsor? Should I go with what he says and do an I 864 A for my dad or just go with what my checklist says.
Thaaaaaanks in advance :goofy:

Petitioner: I-864

Main joint sponsor: I-864

Joint sponsor's spouse: I-864A

Both parents shouldn't have done an I-864 (unless they're divorced and not living with one another). So, in your case, have the one that earns the most to file an I-864, then have the other file an I-864A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.