Jane14344

Divorce after citizenship

55 posts in this topic

I agree with

Your kids miss their dad? You want to be with him? Go back to the Philippines.

Problem solved, you're welcome.

You couldn't have said it better!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Troll.....methinks.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

This IS FRAUD all the way. You will not find sympathy here as you expected. I feel sorry for your US husband, he didn't know he was being played all along. Sorry to be rude but you really don't deserve any sympathy or help at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you miss their dad so much, and your children miss their dad so much, why not just divorce your U.S. citizen now, in the U.S., and go back to the Phillipines?

Then you can marry their dad there and everyone can be happy.

I feel pretty sorry for everyone in this situation, but especially for your kids and the U.S. citizen spouse.

I agree! Just as everyone else is saying. I don't want to be judgmental but due to the fact I am a USC petitioning for my immigrant fiance, I find it difficult to stomach the selfishness here. The USC loved you enough to go through this process that is stressful and expensive. Behind his back you are likely having conversations with you ex that are completely disrespectful and most likely using the kids to cover the times you spend on the phone with him and your husband is probably incurring the charges.

Your husband has every right to know your plans so he too can make a decision if he wants to proceed. You have no right living in his home, while he is hard at work to take care of you and your children. Let your husband cut his losses and help you get back to your lover in the Philippines.

Timeline

This IS FRAUD all the way. You will not find sympathy here as you expected. I feel sorry for your US husband, he didn't know he was being played all along. Sorry to be rude but you really don't deserve any sympathy or help at all.

Don't be sorry and it's not rude to call someone out when it's very clear to all of us what's happening here. I can't even express in words how disappointed I am that this person thought for one minute she would receive support here.

This is exactly the reason why this process is so lengthy. FRAUDSTERS!!!! GRRRRR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all for the reply. I didnt marry the fathers dad in philippines. For now, my husband knows that i am confused with the situation that i have but he said to think about it before making decision. I dont want to hurt my USC husband but i also feel that im not happy anymore.. Im also thinking about my 2 kids coz they have better future here than in philippines. It will be difficult if we will go back to philippines since they are already studying here. Appreciate all your comments.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you miss their dad so much, and your children miss their dad so much, why not just divorce your U.S. citizen now, in the U.S., and go back to the Phillipines?

Then you can marry their dad there and everyone can be happy.

I feel pretty sorry for everyone in this situation, but especially for your kids and the U.S. citizen spouse.

My thoughts exactly!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all for the reply. I didnt marry the fathers dad in philippines. For now, my husband knows that i am confused with the situation that i have but he said to think about it before making decision. I dont want to hurt my USC husband but i also feel that im not happy anymore.. Im also thinking about my 2 kids coz they have better future here than in philippines. It will be difficult if we will go back to philippines since they are already studying here. Appreciate all your comments.

If the "difficulty" is simply because they are already studying here and you want to be with your ex in the Philippines, then return. They can continue their studies there. I suppose you know what if any other "difficulties" face them in the Philippines, but yours and their futures rest solely and are based upon the decisions you make.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For all who are judging me thank you for taking time to read and leaving comment. You can say whatever u want but pls dont judge me coz u dont know my story. My husband knows everything.. Its gonna hurt everybody thats why i have to think million times before making decisions.. Thank you again.gotta go back to work..God bless everyone

Timeline

Something you should have thought long and hard about before involving another human being with emotions. Life isn't all about you. When you marry, it's an "us" thing. His feelings deserve more consideration than this. Seems you want your cake and eat it too.

I'm going to stop posting as this has me all twisted emotionally. I just can't even believe what I'm reading.

Filed: Timeline

Just think for a moment.

Kids are kids they will grow over it but you will not find nice husband then this as he is not even crazy mad after finding out about his.

your kid will have better father on him them your not married guy in philippines.

but they people makes wrong choice all the time. so your loose if you don't choose wisely even after seeing all this in front of you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met my US husband 3 years ago, he decided to petition me 4 months after we met. I know it was fast but it was his decision to petition me right away. Of couse I loved him and I thought its him that I want to spend my life with. We were happy together until I decided to bring my children here in US. My children was under k2 visa and right now they are still in conditional green card. After I brought my children here, everything changed, my children would always ask about their dad. Though he loves my children too but it was so hard for me coz the kids are very close to their dad. It also made me realized how important the family that we had with my childrens dad. Anyways to make the story short, i will be applying for citizenship this january and plan to divorce my husband . And then maybe petition my kids dad . I know its going to be complicated or immigration will sctrutinized it but i have all evidence that my first merriage was real and not a sham. Is it better to petition my childrens dad thru spousal visa or k1 visa? How long should i should wait after citizenship before filing the petition?

Thank you in advance

Op's post contained two questions. I'm not going to review the entire thread again, but I believe their questions have already been answered.

I won't wish them good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.