DelcoCouple

OK so some of you are new to the USA - But are you all new to the Internet?

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been here for almost 3 years and there have always been trolls...

keep in mind that trolls aren't always newbies are people who just pop in to post something... trolls can be members who have been here for years....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And I do agree with you. Trolling has definitely increased since I joined.

And how would you know what it was like before you joined? Surely you weren't a member, so you wouldn't have seen how many trolls were here.... :P j/k

I meant in the last few months it has worsened as opposed to the first few months. icon_surprised.gif

I find it sad really because it dilutes down the good stuff that VJ has to offer. How many thousands of dollars have VJers saved by using the incredible wealth of resources here? I for one, am very thankful I found this site.

The incredible wealth of resources remains though, IMO. The trolls tend to stick to Off Topic, which really doesn't contain anything regarding the visa process (not very often anyway).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

QUOTE(Otto @ Jan 24 2007, 09:33 AM)

Trolling/Troll

A troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others

Lurker/Lurking

A lurker is a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing or other interactive system, but rarely participates.

Oxymoron

A person who purports to complain about trolling while trolling him/herself.

Tip:

Go back to lurking

Visa issued: 04-13-2007

Entered USA: 05/30/2007

Married: 07/11/2007

Filed AOS/EAD: 07/27/200

NOA: AOS/EAD:09/10/2007

BIOMETRICS: 10/04/2007

Green Card Issued 11/21/2007

Filed: Timeline

I think sometimes we may be quick to label someone a troll when it's basically just a disagreement, or someone who's not all (L) and (F).

Anyone remember that guy who was bashing all the piccies here and saying he could see who was really in love and who wasn't? Well I can't remember his name cos he was run off rather quickly after that.

I dunno if people just expect a utopian society where everyone's all Stepford here, but that's not the way life is. I just read a thread where a member gave advice 'Don't mind comments that are not in line with the information that you want to receive.'

Then in another thread a long standing nice member added to the discussion in a perfectly fine and rational way, and it's turned into accusations of her 'attacking' the OP...with a subsequent other person saying 'you're so rude, especially to newbies' This site may be a valuable resource, but no one's on the clock working here, so you're going to have a casual atmosphere where miscommunication, disagreements, etc take place. But what's the alternative? Walk on eggshells? Don't tell people what they don't want to hear? Use a lot of !!!!!! in your posts?

Cos really, everyone's so up in arms over trolls...I'll tell ya what, I've seen some other places that make VJ look like Sesame Street. I think the best thing to do is not be all doomsday with 'the trolls are changing this place' cos at the end of the day, it is what ya make it, and I personally don't think much has changed at all

Timeline
I think sometimes we may be quick to label someone a troll when it's basically just a disagreement, or someone who's not all (L) and (F).

Anyone remember that guy who was bashing all the piccies here and saying he could see who was really in love and who wasn't? Well I can't remember his name cos he was run off rather quickly after that.

I dunno if people just expect a utopian society where everyone's all Stepford here, but that's not the way life is. I just read a thread where a member gave advice 'Don't mind comments that are not in line with the information that you want to receive.'

Then in another thread a long standing nice member added to the discussion in a perfectly fine and rational way, and it's turned into accusations of her 'attacking' the OP...with a subsequent other person saying 'you're so rude, especially to newbies' This site may be a valuable resource, but no one's on the clock working here, so you're going to have a casual atmosphere where miscommunication, disagreements, etc take place. But what's the alternative? Walk on eggshells? Don't tell people what they don't want to hear? Use a lot of !!!!!! in your posts?

Cos really, everyone's so up in arms over trolls...I'll tell ya what, I've seen some other places that make VJ look like Sesame Street. I think the best thing to do is not be all doomsday with 'the trolls are changing this place' cos at the end of the day, it is what ya make it, and I personally don't think much has changed at all

*nods*

And, as been said many times before, if people don't like it here anymore then there is NOTHING stopping anybody from leaving. I can't stand it when people come on and moan and groan about this, that and the other regarding trolls. We are all adults, we can make our own choices.

Don't like it anymore...then don't come on here anymore. People who "announce" they hate the drama are contributing to the drama themselves. Same as people who "announce" they are leaving.

I myself, as I have stated before, quite enjoy some of the "troll" threads. This doesn't make me stupid IMO, in fact, because I don't let them get me riled up, I think that says more about me than jibes regarding my intelligence level.... ;)

The visa process can be stressful. Funny threads can relieve that stress. Don't take life too seriously, it's there to enjoy too y'know.

Edited by mags

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jimmie in love :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Now, I would have found him funny. Does that make me stupid? :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Well he did it in a rather mean spirited fashion and was making fun of people quite badly, iirc...I think you would have enjoyed telling him to ** off, lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i thought it was hilarious, how he could tell if someone was seriously in love or not based on a pic. maybe he should work at uscis or dos :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Well he did it in a rather mean spirited fashion and was making fun of people quite badly, iirc...I think you would have enjoyed telling him to ** off, lol

Well, when you put it THAT way... :blush::P

i thought it was hilarious, how he could tell if someone was seriously in love or not based on a pic. maybe he should work at uscis or dos :P

Gawd help us all if he does!! :lol:

:yes: he was a tool and an azz clown

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Where are all these threads hiding? I'm gone, I miss good stuff apparantly - someone please fill me in :)

thank you

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg