_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You are correct that 2 pervious president provided amnesty and the result.....the number of undocumented were quadruple as of 2011 survey, so I guess the previous 2 presidents didn't do the correct way of resolving the issue, it's just my own opinion. I hope this time, Mr. Obama will do the right way. There's always a better way.

Yes, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The government keeps sweeping it under the rug all these years.

:goofy: AOS: I-485& I-765 :goofy:

Sent: 9/26/2014I-485& I-765

Received: 9/30/2014I-485& I-765

Biometrics and noas received in mail:10/10/2014

Biometric appt:10/23/2014

:dance: Walk in Bio: 10/15/2014 :clock:

EAD Approved: 12/3/2014 B-)

EAD Mailed :12/9/2014

Ead Delivered: 12/11/2014

Interivew (12/29/2014)in the mail: 1/29/2015

Approved: Welcome notice mailed 1/30/2015 :dancing: :idea:

Card Produced: 2/5/2015& Shipped
Card Received: 2/7/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

History repeats itself... Like what 2 US presidents did with there EO... This EO would lead to another problem again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe although I'm hoping were not affected, this executive might Fire out some speculations of government shutdown. If it will happen those who are in line for greencard and EAD applications will be on hold since USCIS is under the federal government and thus it will work based on there budget and savings only. It happened last year too..

My understanding, which could be incorrect, is that USCIS is self-funded through the various fees it charges. Non-funding of the executive order shouldn't have any significant impact on the USCIS operations. Again, just my take on all of this...

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

All ready for tomorrow's interview hopefully :)

Was a Student in USA

Met in 2006

Started Dating February 2007

Engaged 2013

Married 2014

Child Born 2014

AOS:

Day 0: Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (9/12/14)

Day 3: Received by Lockbox (9/15/14)

Day 6: Received Text Notifications (9/18/14)

Day 7: Checks Cashed (9/19/14)

Day 10: Hardcopy NOA Received (9/22/14)

Day 27: Biometrics Completed at appointment date (10/9/14)

Day 33: I-485 Changed to testing and Interview (10/15/14)

Day 38: Text/Email Updated with Interview date (10/20/14)

Day 42: Received notice that I-131 and I-765 card in production (10/24/14)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

All ready for tomorrow's interview hopefully :)

Wohoo! Good luck :) I think crossing that door with a child in common will be more than enough but what kind of extra evidence do you bring??

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

Ahh! I hate posting from my phone. I tried to attach a picture of my binder all done up. I have a zip up binder with all of my documents in sheet protectors. I typed up a list and will post it from computer.. Basically the originals of everything submitted in our application. I have pictures from 2007 on, our lease, car insurance, health insurance from my husbands work listing our son and I as dependents, wedding cards, wedding book, photo album from wedding by photographer with all of our family pictures in it (I didn't want a photographer but happy for the book now). Both our credit cards with same account number, our check book with both names on the checks and address, gas bill,

My husbands pay stubs from the past two months, a letter from his work stating they are matching his 401k contributions and he is now in profit sharing (think that shows he is a long term employee?) a letter from when he was hired (last January) showing his hourly wage and yearly salary.

Letters addressed to both of us at current address.. Cards from the baby shower his mom threw for me.. I have a lot

Of evidence and am still so nervous I cannot sit still!

Was a Student in USA

Met in 2006

Engaged 2013

Married 2014

Child Born 2014

AOS:

Timeline

Ahh! I hate posting from my phone. I tried to attach a picture of my binder all done up. I have a zip up binder with all of my documents in sheet protectors. I typed up a list and will post it from computer.. Basically the originals of everything submitted in our application. I have pictures from 2007 on, our lease, car insurance, health insurance from my husbands work listing our son and I as dependents, wedding cards, wedding book, photo album from wedding by photographer with all of our family pictures in it (I didn't want a photographer but happy for the book now). Both our credit cards with same account number, our check book with both names on the checks and address, gas bill,

My husbands pay stubs from the past two months, a letter from his work stating they are matching his 401k contributions and he is now in profit sharing (think that shows he is a long term employee?) a letter from when he was hired (last January) showing his hourly wage and yearly salary.

Letters addressed to both of us at current address.. Cards from the baby shower his mom threw for me.. I have a lot

Of evidence and am still so nervous I cannot sit still!

Don't worry about posting from your phone. Sounds like you are more than ready!!!! :) I don't even have myself half of the evidence you have. It's normal to be nervous, you all will be fine , there is no way IO would be suspicious of anything or needing too many questions!

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Thank you everyone for the positive words and birthday wishes!! :D

Ok so, we left home at about 11:50 pm and got half way there when I realized ( or thought so ) that I didn't have my husband's recent pay stubs in the big evidence folder.. so we turn back and I go looking for it in the house and realize it's not there- turns out It was actually in the evidence folder all this time, I just missed it under a stack of papers ( Nerves were apparently making me delusional :lol::lol: ) By this time it's about 12:10 and we should have been there by 12:15 ( LOL ) so my husband was pretty much racing there.. We got there at exactly 12:25 and rushed inside where we sat in the waiting room till about 12:50 when a short asian man with the heaviest accent came and called our names. We were sworn in once we got to his office and he started asking me my Name, DOB, Address & he also gave me a notepad and told me to write my address down.( I kept having to ask him to repeat himself cause his accent was SO thick! :lol: ) Then he started talking to my husband and asked him the same Name & DOB questions, He also asked for his passport and all ID's as well as how & when we met.. He started telling him one version of how we met & I interrupted and said " Nooo, You have to tell the FULL story!! " Lol, all three of us started laughing & he told my husband to proceed.. So he tells him the story of how we met .. Then he asks me if I have any brothers or sisters here in the US, I told him I have a brother in another state and another out of the country.. He also asked about my mother and father. Then he asked why my brother never filed for me, I told him that was just never discussed. He asked about my SSN next, wanted to know how come I had one and I told him I had an EAD previously and he asked if that was the same number i've been using since i've been living in the states to which I responded yes. I had overstayed after one of my parents petitions were denied for me, and he asked why I never left after that, I told him it wasn't an option for me. He tried to pick around a bit asking how do I know you're not just trying to get a green card ? I said you don't know that, and that's why i'm here.. He started asking me the same question several times in several different ways and asking if I knew that was illegal and against the law and blah blah, I responded " Yes, and I also understand that such transgressions are forgiven for USC spouses " .. he dropped the subject after that and went on to ask for what we brought.. I gave him pictures, joint account statements, hotel keys & booking printouts from various trips, all birthday cards from my husband I got from past birthdays and today, proof of joint ownership of a car and i had a whole stack of records showing our text messages dating back a year. Of everything I provided he only glanced at the pictures then gave them back to me, he asked how come we didnt have that many pictures of us with other people ( we did, he just didn't look :yes: ) so I pointed out the ones I sent with my application along with some more I had brought. He looked at a few this time and stopped to ask about a picture of us with my husbands newborn niece to ask who it was.. He then asked if I know his mom, dad, and sisters to which I replied yes. He looked at the Car title and asked what kinda car it was and my husband told him. He also asked if we had any affidavits from friends or family to which I replied no ( Apparently these are very important, so take heed guys! Lol ) ..He also asked for my husband's tax returns to which I told him they were in the file and he looked through and said okay.. He skimmed through everything else and gave most of it back and said I could keep everything else.. He didnt even look at my text message records :angry: .. He stamped two sheets of paper in front of him and started typing on his computer and asked who helped me with my paperwork, my husband replied and told him I did it all myself and he said it was very well put together but I would need to gather more evidence and affidavits for ROC .. He printed two sheets of paper which were approval letters and told us to read and sign and started to talk about ROC and citizenship. After I felt it was safe and I was approved, I asked him if I could get a stamp and he said NO! :lol: Buttt..I wasnt taking no for an answer lool.. I just started to kindly explain what happened to my EAD & told him that my employer has been waiting for my documents since october.. He asked who is the employer.. I told him and we started talking about the company a bit.. then he said ok fine i'll give you the stamp, but it's not gonna have the seal on it , he said to show that and my approval letter to them and if they don't take it I should come back for the stamp with the seal but that my card will be coming soon anyways ( apparently the stamp is just for people who need to travel & That's why he didn't wanna give it to me? :wacko: ) .. he stamped it in my passport and wrote the date on it and it says something like temporary i-551 stamp serves as green card for 1 year and " Employment Authorized " below it ... He told us we would receive the card soon and walked us out and then me and hubby went to lunch after that, so quite an eventful day :D

Damn, That took me like an hour or more to type.. I hope there's not like a cajillian errors :rofl:

Edited by lala1

AOS

6/20/14- Married

8/29/14- Sent AOS Package

9/2/14- Delivered to Chicago lockbox

9/5/14- Received texts with receipt numbers, Online status updated for all four cases to " Acceptance" & " Initial review "

9/9/14- NOA1 hard copies received in mail

9/12/14- Biometrics letter recieved ( Date set for 9/22/14 )

9/15/14- Biometrics completed

9/16/14- Submitted EAD Expedite through congressman

9/24/14- Case moved to " Testing and interview "

9/26/14- EAD and AP Approved

10/2/14- EAD Mailed

10/3/14- EAD 'Delivered'.. but never recieved :ranting:

10/16/14- Interview date received for 11/19 - My birthday! :D

11/19/14- Interview day- Approved- PR status registered & Welcome letter mailed

11/24/14- Welcome letter recieved

11/26/14- GC Mailed

11/29/14- GC Received

ROC

09/23/16- Mailed ROC package

10/03/16- Package sent back due to missing documents

10/05/16- Resent package

10/07/16- Check cashed

10/12/16- NOA1 received

11/14/16-Biometrics

03/04/18- Case received at local office

03/24/18- Approval letter received
04/03/18- Card Mailed

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the positive words and birthday wishes!! :D

Ok so, we left home at about 11:50 pm and got half way there when I realized ( or thought so ) that I didn't have my husband's recent pay stubs in the big evidence folder.. so we turn back and I go looking for it in the house and realize it's not there- turns out It was actually in the evidence folder all this time, I just missed it under a stack of papers ( Nerves were apparently making me delusional :lol::lol: ) By this time it's about 12:10 and we should have been there by 12:15 ( LOL ) so my husband was pretty much racing there.. We got there at exactly 12:25 and rushed inside where we sat in the waiting room till about 12:50 when a short asian man with the heaviest accent came and called our names. We were sworn in once we got to his office and he started asking me my Name, DOB, Address & he also gave me a notepad and told me to write my address down.( I kept having to ask him to repeat himself cause his accent was SO thick! :lol: ) Then he started talking to my husband and asked him the same Name & DOB questions, He also asked for his passport and all ID's as well as how & when we met.. He started telling him one version of how we met & I interrupted and said " Nooo, You have to tell the FULL story!! " Lol, all three of us started laughing & he told my husband to proceed.. So he tells him the story of how we met .. Then he asks me if I have any brothers or sisters here in the US, I told him I have a brother in another state and another out of the country.. He also asked about my mother and father. Then he asked why my brother never filed for me, I told him that was just never discussed. He asked about my SSN next, wanted to know how come I had one and I told him I had an EAD previously and he asked if that was the same number i've been using since i've been living in the states to which I responded yes. I had overstayed after one of my parents petitions were denied for me, and he asked why I never left after that, I told him it wasn't an option for me. He tried to pick around a bit asking how do I know you're not just trying to get a green card ? I said you don't know that, and that's why i'm here.. He started asking me the same question several times in several different ways and asking if I knew that was illegal and against the law and blah blah, I responded " Yes, and I also understand that such transgressions are forgiven for USC spouses " .. he dropped the subject after that and went on to ask for what we brought.. I gave him pictures, joint account statements, hotel keys & booking printouts from various trips, all birthday cards from my husband I got from past birthdays and today, proof of joint ownership of a car and i had a whole stack of records showing our text messages dating back a year. Of everything I provided he only glanced at the pictures then gave them back to me, he asked how come we didnt have that many pictures of us with other people ( we did, he just didn't look :yes: ) so I pointed out the ones I sent with my application along with some more I had brought. He looked at a few this time and stopped to ask about a picture of us with my husbands newborn niece to ask who it was.. He then asked if I know his mom, dad, and sisters to which I replied yes. He looked at the Car title and asked what kinda car it was and my husband told him. He also asked if we had any affidavits from friends or family to which I replied no ( Apparently these are very important, so take heed guys! Lol ) ..He also asked for my husband's tax returns to which I told him they were in the file and he looked through and said okay.. He skimmed through everything else and gave most of it back and said I could keep everything else.. He didnt even look at my text message records :angry: .. He stamped two sheets of paper in front of him and started typing on his computer and asked who helped me with my paperwork, my husband replied and told him I did it all myself and he said it was very well put together but I would need to gather more evidence and affidavits for ROC .. He printed two sheets of paper which were approval letters and told us to read and sign and started to talk about ROC and citizenship. After I felt it was safe and I was approved, I asked him if I could get a stamp and he said NO! :lol: Buttt..I wasnt taking no for an answer lool.. I just started to kindly explain what happened to my EAD & told him that my employer has been waiting for my documents since october.. He asked who is the employer.. I told him and we started talking about the company a bit.. then he said ok fine i'll give you the stamp, but it's not gonna have the seal on it , he said to show that and my approval letter to them and if they don't take it I should come back for the stamp with the seal but that my card will be coming soon anyways ( apparently the stamp is just for people who need to travel & That's why he didn't wanna give it to me? :wacko: ) .. he stamped it in my passport and wrote the date on it and it says something like temporary i-551 stamp serves as green card for 1 year and " Employment Authorized " below it ... He told us we would receive the card soon and walked us out and then me and hubby went to lunch after that, so quite an eventful day :D

Damn, That took me like an hour or more to type.. I hope there's not like a cajillian errors :rofl:

Girl I got nervous even reading your interview I don't think I can handle one myself hahaha!!! I have overstay too since summer I see he mentioned about it to you... But well everything turned out well!!!!!! Now you have to remember to collect all the possible for ROC, I'm really bad at that. thanks for the tips we will ask for a few affidavits to family :) I'm sure you feel so relieve now. So good you are going to be able to be working soon and start new life for real :) CONGRATS!!! ( I've been sick for the past day and a half but today I was all day checking my iPad to see your update )

y59om4.png

Girl I got nervous even reading your interview I don't think I can handle one myself hahaha!!! I have overstay too since summer I see he mentioned about it to you... But well everything turned out well!!!!!! Now you have to remember to collect all the possible for ROC, I'm really bad at that. thanks for the tips we will ask for a few affidavits to family :) I'm sure you feel so relieve now. So good you are going to be able to be working soon and start new life for real :) CONGRATS!!! ( I've been sick for the past day and a half but today I was all day checking my iPad to see your update )

Lol ! Right?! I thought I would have been more nervous given his line of questions lol, but everything just kinda flowed. Yes I told him i'm gonna get a shoebox and throw stuff in there for the next 1 yr 9 mths.. My husband said luckily your not short of those ( he insists I have too many shoes :lol: ) I do feel like 99% relieved.. I need my status to update to card production online then i'll be 100% relieved lol!

Sorry to hear your sick , No bueno especially since your birthday is coming up in a couple days :( I'll PM you later!

AOS

6/20/14- Married

8/29/14- Sent AOS Package

9/2/14- Delivered to Chicago lockbox

9/5/14- Received texts with receipt numbers, Online status updated for all four cases to " Acceptance" & " Initial review "

9/9/14- NOA1 hard copies received in mail

9/12/14- Biometrics letter recieved ( Date set for 9/22/14 )

9/15/14- Biometrics completed

9/16/14- Submitted EAD Expedite through congressman

9/24/14- Case moved to " Testing and interview "

9/26/14- EAD and AP Approved

10/2/14- EAD Mailed

10/3/14- EAD 'Delivered'.. but never recieved :ranting:

10/16/14- Interview date received for 11/19 - My birthday! :D

11/19/14- Interview day- Approved- PR status registered & Welcome letter mailed

11/24/14- Welcome letter recieved

11/26/14- GC Mailed

11/29/14- GC Received

ROC

09/23/16- Mailed ROC package

10/03/16- Package sent back due to missing documents

10/05/16- Resent package

10/07/16- Check cashed

10/12/16- NOA1 received

11/14/16-Biometrics

03/04/18- Case received at local office

03/24/18- Approval letter received
04/03/18- Card Mailed

Timeline

Lol ! Right?! I thought I would have been more nervous given his line of questions lol, but everything just kinda flowed. Yes I told him i'm gonna get a shoebox and throw stuff in there for the next 1 yr 9 mths.. My husband said luckily your not short of those ( he insists I have too many shoes :lol: ) I do feel like 99% relieved.. I need my status to update to card production online then i'll be 100% relieved lol!

Sorry to hear your sick , No bueno especially since your birthday is coming up in a couple days :( I'll PM you later!

I knoww we may have to cancel the restaurant for Friday if I keep feeling this way :( I've been just sleeping all day and randomly checking out this website. It has been so cold in Atlanta lately I'm not used to this weather and I don't like it either!!! Brrrr

I laughed so much when you mention you asked for a stamp and he said no " I'm not taking no for an answer!" And there you keep explaining yourself hahaha! :)

That's actually a good idea about the shoe box!!! No girl has ever too many shoes! You can just throw everything there for when the day comes. I have kind of same evidence as you but not car lol. It worries me a bit specially since my husband is gone now we can't take pictures or do anything together, just FaceTime screenshots hahah.

I'm sure you will have that green card in a couple weeks or so!!! Kind of sad we all won't be in the same visa journey group for ROC booooo

y59om4.png

Timeline

Oh my goodness I am so much more nervous now haha.

Was a Student in USA

Met in 2006

Engaged 2013

Married 2014

Child Born 2014

AOS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.