payxibka

Embassy's will no longer accept I-130

391 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

John,

it's hard to not reply KMA (figure it out). You're welcome to review my participation AND contributions ANY time you like. I'll be happy to compare them with your own and the others here. Credit again to fwaguy for posting the news first.

Forget it. I know what I've done. Sorry you personally were inconvenienced. I forgot who it's all about (sincerely).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
As it has happened before in the US, the lawmaker/legislator did not think through the whole ramifications, or maybe he

Bear in mind that your VJ comrades are waiting in the line that you think is unacceptable.

PS: not disagreeing with you about how it 'should' be.

No, we were waiting in a different line. I would have gotten in the USCIS line back in October if the govt hadn't presented DCF as an option. Now I might be at the back of that line. And the reason the law gets implemented 6 months after it passes is to give the govt time to figure stuff out and not create chaos.

There are a lot of people in different lines. I would not have gotten married earlier this month if the gov't had put this out there that this was going to happen. Now my husband will not have a place to live because he put in on his lease in November, and half of his belongings are here in the States, including his clothing. We counted on this favor to US citizens and didnt hear boo about it. Now we cant even be reunited when he leaves the UK for Australia. No home, no job, no material posessions. And travelling to Australia is not as feasable for me as it was going to the UK, even for 3 day weekends...

I think we all have a right to be feeling selfish. And I admit, seeing as I have not filed yet and am not sure really if I am gonig to even stay in the US at this point, my frustration level is probably nowhere near someone like David A and his wife. It would have been helpful if the USNIS would have put this law up as a possibe setback on their website way back when. I mean, we do get notice when other laws will be enacted in order for us to begin to comply... (ie, seatbelt laws etc...)

"To Defy the Laws of Tradition, is a Crusade Only of the Brave!"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My fiance and I were hoping to go the DCF route in New Zealand. Looks like it will be the K1 route now since it is the fastest way - Both of us are terribly distraught. Thanks for the comfort of you all. It's terrible to be in this position but we have only lost at most 4 weeks.

I just wished I found this board in July when we were trying to figure out what to do. We could have been married in November when I went over to see her :( Looks like it will be September now. Maybe the Consulates will process our apps a little faster since the paperwork was almost done :((

11-22-06 Got engaged

01-25-07 Found DCF out

01-29-07 Sent I129F to Texas

02-02-07 I129F received at TSC

05-21-07 Recieved NVC Notice -- no NOA2

Filed: Timeline

I think you were foolish to say the very least. No one should make plans having such severe ramifications in advance of having a visa in hand, no matter which visa, no matter what variant of the process used to apply for it.

< inappropriate comment deleted >

Yodrak

There are a lot of people in different lines. I would not have gotten married earlier this month if the gov't had put this out there that this was going to happen. Now my husband will not have a place to live because he put in on his lease in November, and half of his belongings are here in the States, including his clothing. We counted on this favor to US citizens and didnt hear boo about it. Now we cant even be reunited when he leaves the UK for Australia. No home, no job, no material posessions. And travelling to Australia is not as feasable for me as it was going to the UK, even for 3 day weekends...

I think we all have a right to be feeling selfish. ...

Edited by Yodrak

John,

it's hard to not reply KMA (figure it out). You're welcome to review my participation AND contributions ANY time you like. I'll be happy to compare them with your own and the others here. Credit again to fwaguy for posting the news first.

Forget it. I know what I've done. Sorry you personally were inconvenienced. I forgot who it's all about (sincerely).

Then I appologize, was not aware you are the guru of this site. Please except. You made an irresponsible comment. If you read my post fully, 100's were inconvienced, not a few, not just me. I have no problem waiting in any line, we did, filed, approved, and along with many, got a surprise on VISA day. And your comment is get over it and join everyone else??? Too bad on your VISA interview day, you made plane reservations, then travel 18 hours by train, excited that you are about to bring your wife home, then you are told, sorry, we are going to "inconvience you" and send you home without explanation and leave you wondering whats going.

We will rename the VisaJourney website, the meauxna website. And we will allow you to judge what we should discuss or not discuss. Read the numbers on this post. So your last post gets no credit points for many as any type of contribution. And great that you can spend 2 years on this site helping others, must have alot of free time. But thanks for your contributions that were constructive.

11/10/06 - Married in Ukraine

11/14/06 - I-130 Petition filed and approved

12/08/06 - First interview - we cancelled - shot ourselves in the foot for this!!!!

01/23/07 - 2nd Interview was cancelled due to Adam Walsh Act

02/13/07 - Sonya recieved her 5 year B-2 Tourist Visa

02/21/07 - Sonya arrives in America

02/26/07 - We are told of new interview on 3/8, but she is in america

03/08/07 - Cancelled interview, Sonya is in America

04/16/07 - Fly back to Ukraine

04/25/07 - FINALLY!!!! LOL Interview and VISA approved!!!

04/27/07 - VISA delay due to Sonya's name misspelling - Embassy typo in database

05/02/07 - Called DOS Washington - name check cleared for Sonya - but

told us no VISA was approved for daughter

05/03/07 - Embassy says VISA printed 5/2, but we caught that they forgot VISA for daughter

and the courier entered wrong address to mail VISA - SO MANY TYPO's & MISTAKES :(

05/08/07 - VISA YEAH!!!! FINALLY!

05/23/07 - Back to America - Well almost - Airlines messed up and sent daughters ticket to Chicago

05/30/07 - They finally made it!!! :)

07/03/07 - Green cards recieved

07/06/07 - Applied for SS card at local office, DS-230 application lost

2/19/2010 - Everything is great!!! We now live in South Carolina - Sonya has applied for her citizenship!! She attends USC for her BSN. Her mother has made 3 trips to US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Is anyone else getting info from their consulate indicating that a distinction is being made between those I-130s that were approved before July 27th and the rest? I still think the previously approved ones are going ahead, but would like to hear if others are being told the same.

Timeline
I think you were foolish to say the very least. No one should make plans having such severe ramifications in advance of having a visa in hand, no matter which visa, no matter what variant of the process used to apply for it.

You have a right to be feeling as stupid as you were acting.

Yodrak

Thanks.

I feel loads better now.

Timeline

You have a right to be feeling as stupid as you were acting.

Yodrak

Thanks.

I feel loads better now.

Edit:

We had other circimstances beyond our control forcing him to leave the UK, not just getting a visa. Thanks again for the confidence builder, as if I havent felt like $h!t all day anyway...

FYI - I got this reply from my embassy. It is much more specific regarding I-130s filed as DCF:

The Adam Walsh Act was a surprise to us all. Petitions affected are those filed after July 27, 2006.

Okay, this COULD be good news for me and my husband. We filed and were approved for our I-130 on July 5, 2006. Can you please send the exact link where u saw this info? I didn't see it on the link u sent.

Thank you!

This was not from a link. This is an email reply I received from my embassy when I asked them about our petition that we filed DCF before the 'magic (bean)' date.

If you filed on July 5, it looks like you may be ok too. I would recommend sending an email inquiry to your embassy where you filed the I-130 to make sure.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

If you want to blame anyone, blame the people who drafted the Act and the Politicians who voted for it.

They created the mess, they can fix it.

USCIS etc just has to implement it.

I didn't read anywhere in this law that abolished DCF, where did you read that?

This is all in the implementation. With a little effort, I expect they could have come up with a better solution than ending DCF, especially given that they had almost SEVEN months to do it.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
If you want to blame anyone, blame the people who drafted the Act and the Politicians who voted for it.

They created the mess, they can fix it.

USCIS etc just has to implement it.

I didn't read anywhere in this law that abolished DCF, where did you read that?

This is all in the implementation. With a little effort, I expect they could have come up with a better solution than ending DCF, especially given that they had almost SEVEN months to do it.

Law does not abolish DCF but has made it procedurally impossible based on today's processes and capabilities. Can the adjust and re-start accepting petitions? Sure. Will they? Who know.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Here's a little bit of an update: My husband was scheduled to have his interview on March 28. He got a call from the consulate today, saying the interview is postponed. The paperwork is either being sent to Rome or back to the States -- it's not clear which at the moment. (This might be a language issue between the officer and my husband...) When the sex offender check (and whatever else) is done, the paperwork will go back to Paris and he'll get a new interview date (and interview in Paris.) The officer told him this "could take months."

Basically, they have no idea how long it will take.

The officer told my husband that he's not "really" allowed to come visit me in the States while we're waiting on all of this. But, he can try to come visit as a tourist; there's just a risk they won't let him in when he gets to the passport control. My husband says there's a "50% chance" of getting turned back at the border.

Can anyone tell me: Is it legal or illegal for him to TRY to come see me (as a tourist)?

As for who's to blame: IMO, the politicians and the bureaucrats both screwed up, and it wouldn't have been that hard not to. I feel totally betrayed and think think that just about anybody involves deserves our anger!

As my husband says: The hangover really sucks when you didn't even drink....

Tourist may visit for 90 days or less without needing to obtain a visitors visa from the following countries.: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

So if you are willing to *risk* that 5O% chance of your husband being turned back... then... Really it is up to you. If you are not willing to risk it, could you come visit him? Or just wait... :blush:

Least your husband has that 5O% chance...many here donnot.

Disclaimer: The above stated is just my opinion based on the tourista visa rules I know of. It is not meant as any advice or legal help.

50%?

Where on earth did you get that number from?

I would be surprised if it was anywhere near 5%, but there are no figures.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We will rename the VisaJourney website, the meauxna website. And we will allow you to judge what we should discuss or not discuss. Read the numbers on this post. So your last post gets no credit points for many as any type of contribution. And great that you can spend 2 years on this site helping others, must have alot of free time. But thanks for your contributions that were constructive.

Condescension never wins brownie points John. If not for those that do have knowledge and an understanding that do stick around to HELP others, then many may very well be in stife.

Someone has got to have a clear head when things like this happen. Yes this totally sucks for you and all those that have had interviews cancelled etc and now have to wait longer, but saying about someone like meaxena is beyond comprehension in my book. Lets hope VJ doesn't lose another GURU as they did mdyoung for the same type of condescending, rude attitude.

I wish all dealing with this situation the very best. Hang in there.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow, the posts are piling up here, it's impossible to read them all. I'm catching some info about July 27th 2006 being the magic cutoff date, and so I want to ask:

Our I-130 was filed in Shanghai May 9, 2006, approved in Beijing July 11, 2006. We just had the interview in Guangzhou last week, where we were temporarily denied due to my not having "domicile" in the States. They asked us to come back with evidence of a job/house in America, and said once they saw that they would grant the visa to my wife.

Does it sound like we should still be on track then? I'm going to call anyway of course, but I appreciate the support here.

To everyone who got royally screwed by this, I'm really so sorry, I hope it works out in the end for all of you. Be strong and remember that love conquers bureaucracy every time. :)

Condescension never wins brownie points John. If not for those that do have knowledge and an understanding that do stick around to HELP others, then many may very well be in stife.

Someone has got to have a clear head when things like this happen. Yes this totally sucks for you and all those that have had interviews cancelled etc and now have to wait longer, but saying about someone like meaxena is beyond comprehension in my book. Lets hope VJ doesn't lose another GURU as they did mdyoung for the same type of condescending, rude attitude.

I wish all dealing with this situation the very best. Hang in there.

Lorelle

I agree, we are on here to get help and info. His message was to get over it and join the others who had longer waits. Sounds condescending to me and unneccessary. I am on here like everyone else trying to find out what happened to our family VISA. I do not need his BS comments ( or rude comments). And I am so sorry to speak against meaxena, he must be allowed to say whatever he feels. I bow to you and appologize for all of us who need to get over it and stop posting our questions and concerns and just get in line.

11/10/06 - Married in Ukraine

11/14/06 - I-130 Petition filed and approved

12/08/06 - First interview - we cancelled - shot ourselves in the foot for this!!!!

01/23/07 - 2nd Interview was cancelled due to Adam Walsh Act

02/13/07 - Sonya recieved her 5 year B-2 Tourist Visa

02/21/07 - Sonya arrives in America

02/26/07 - We are told of new interview on 3/8, but she is in america

03/08/07 - Cancelled interview, Sonya is in America

04/16/07 - Fly back to Ukraine

04/25/07 - FINALLY!!!! LOL Interview and VISA approved!!!

04/27/07 - VISA delay due to Sonya's name misspelling - Embassy typo in database

05/02/07 - Called DOS Washington - name check cleared for Sonya - but

told us no VISA was approved for daughter

05/03/07 - Embassy says VISA printed 5/2, but we caught that they forgot VISA for daughter

and the courier entered wrong address to mail VISA - SO MANY TYPO's & MISTAKES :(

05/08/07 - VISA YEAH!!!! FINALLY!

05/23/07 - Back to America - Well almost - Airlines messed up and sent daughters ticket to Chicago

05/30/07 - They finally made it!!! :)

07/03/07 - Green cards recieved

07/06/07 - Applied for SS card at local office, DS-230 application lost

2/19/2010 - Everything is great!!! We now live in South Carolina - Sonya has applied for her citizenship!! She attends USC for her BSN. Her mother has made 3 trips to US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.