2,664 posts in this topic

Dear friends,

I just become worry if I had to send the refusal worksheet that Consular Officer gave to me with the note that I am eligible to apply for a waiver along with other documents to the USCIS office. In my letters that I've sent them I described the situation in a Embassy and mentioned that I've received this worksheet with the "right" from the Consular Officer to apply for a waiver. Do you think USCIS have this information in their system and does not need an original or copy of this paper as a proof? Or it will be better to send the copy to them via email at least?

Edited by kimet08

Dear friends,

I just become worry if I had to send the refusal worksheet that Consular Officer gave to me with the note that I am eligible to apply for a waiver along with other documents to the USCIS office. In my letters that I've sent them I described the situation in a Embassy and mentioned that I've received this worksheet with the "right" from the Consular Officer to apply for a waiver. Do you think USCIS have this information in their system and does not need an original or copy of this paper as a proof? Or it will be better to send the copy to them via email at least?

I don't think you have to, but i will send one just for the sake of it.

The letter just said we were eligible for the waiver and if approved to send that letter with his passport.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husbands Waiver was Approved Yesterday :joy: I160 Rcved March 2nd Nebraska Center :star:

On July 27, 2015, we approved your Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husbands Waiver was Approved Yesterday :joy: I160 Rcved March 2nd Nebraska Center :star:

my_logo.png Approved

On July 27, 2015, we approved your Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds

my_logo.png Approved

Congratulations !

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,I'm new here,so I wanna tell you the awful timeline of my wives i-601 waiver

November 4 2014 we received a receipt number

April 14 2015 RFE

May 14 2015 they got papers and told that we have to receive a decision within 60 days

July 14 2015 I called to USCIS and the next day I got an email that our case is under review by an officer and we have to wait another 60 days for an answer or update.

Still waiting!!

Any ideas?

Thanks to all.

Timeline

my_logo.png Approved

Congrats!!! 5 months not bad. What was the waiver for?

He left under Voluntary departure almost 3 Years ago, due to illegal entry but he was caught inside the USA 6 months after and we started the process the judge thankfully granted him the Voluntary departure. Our I130 took almost 2 years for an approval we had the interview in Juarez in January 2015 I wonder if we have to go back for another interview I believe the Biometric medical exams are good for 6 months only.

Timeline

We got the visa via DHL about 3 weeks after instruction letter. ***OJO**ATTENTION** My wife did not have to go back to CDJuarez for a new medical exam or additional interview BUT the VISA arrived on June 4th and EXPIRED June 12th!! We had only 8 days to get to the border! The time clock was ticking because they gave her Medical Exam Dec. 12th....to June 12..=6 months! Our lawyer never mentioned this and it put a BIG strain on us, we were all happy she didnt have to go do another medical in CDJ, flights, food, etc..$$, and then they eat up all this time "processing" and then you have to get the flock out of dodge in a hurry, not cool at all. Deported from America and deported from Mexico! Ha! In the end, at least she is done and got papers. 4 years later! :)

Hi is was ur wife in mexico? where did they mail the instruction letter to? Thank You

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline

Hi, VJ friends :)

1. I hope all of you are doing well. This is my first time posting in this thread, and I am hoping someone can help me with a couple of questions.

2. My husband was just refused by the Niger embassy on grounds of inadmissibility due his prior overstay in the US. I am trying to complete the I-601 waiver and just need some help regarding some of the questions.

3. Under part 7 - Applicant's signature.

Will I have to send that page to my husband to sign or would I sign my name?

4. Immigration status - Would I indicate Unlawfully Presence?

5. Is the waiver fee (money or cashiers check) have to be mailed with the waiver application or can it be paid by other means. I was told it could not be paid by credit card, but am confused when it says to include the fee receipt.

If you can think of anything else that may be helpful, please advise.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, VJ friends :)

1. I hope all of you are doing well. This is my first time posting in this thread, and I am hoping someone can help me with a couple of questions.

2. My husband was just refused by the Niger embassy on grounds of inadmissibility due his prior overstay in the US. I am trying to complete the I-601 waiver and just need some help regarding some of the questions.

3. Under part 7 - Applicant's signature.

Will I have to send that page to my husband to sign or would I sign my name?

4. Immigration status - Would I indicate Unlawfully Presence?

5. Is the waiver fee (money or cashiers check) have to be mailed with the waiver application or can it be paid by other means. I was told it could not be paid by credit card, but am confused when it says to include the fee receipt.

If you can think of anything else that may be helpful, please advise.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

For my husband 601 i sign my name on his behave and is money order or check for the fee and for his status im not sure but u do submitted a copy of the letter he got in the interview that his next step is to submitted a 601waiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.