Harpa Timsah

Woman shoots grandson; thought he was an intruder

109 posts in this topic

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida say a 7-year-old boy is in critical condition after his grandmother mistook him for an intruder and shot him.

The shooting happened around 1 a.m. Tuesday in Tampa.

According to Hillsborough County Sheriff’s officials, 63-year-old Linda Maddox and her twin grandsons were sleeping after their father had left for work. Maddox told deputies she had placed a chair against the bedroom door handle for extra protection. When she heard the chair sliding against the floor, she assumed it was an intruder and grabbed a loaded .22-caliber revolver she keeps by the bed and fired one shot in the dark toward the door.

Deputies say seconds later she heard the screams of her grandson Tyler Maddox. He was shot once in the upper body. He was taken to a hospital.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2024342750_womanshootsgrandsonxml.html

VJ thinks this woman acted correctly!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Guns are the best way to protect oneself and those that one loves. Hope the gun, I mean kid, is ok.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Well, in all fairness, the 7-yo kid should have announced his presence lest she might think - as she did - he was a burglar. What in the world was he thinking?

Yeah, what was that kid thinking? Being thirsty, wanting nana, he totally deserved it!

I used to think that saying "Who's there" would have been a good thing to do to avoid such a situation, but VJ told me that it was a tactical mistake that would wind up with me getting killed! Because I would let the intruder know I was in there! Thanks VJ!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Yeah, what was that kid thinking? Being thirsty, wanting nana, he totally deserved it!

I used to think that saying "Who's there" would have been a good thing to do to avoid such a situation, but VJ told me that it was a tactical mistake that would wind up with me getting killed! Because I would let the intruder know I was in there! Thanks VJ!

No sense focusing on an idiot that has children sleeping in the house and fires a gun through a door because they heard they heard a noise.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

No sense focusing on an idiot that has children sleeping in the house and fires a gun through a door because they heard they heard a noise.

Oh, so she should have said, who's there? What about that tactical advantage people told me about?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Oh, so she should have said, who's there? What about that tactical advantage people told me about?

Spin it any way you like. A person with the slightest amount of gray matter might think it was the child making noise, not an intruder. She shot at something she couldn't see. Perhaps a few of you should take a gun safety course for the fun of it, just so you'd have an idea of proper safety procedures.

Funny you never hear about these idiots shooting their dog or cat because they heard a noise. If I heard a noise at night, my first thought would be one of the animals unless I heard breaking glass.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

this just happened here too...dad shot his daughter as she snuck back in the house, thinking she was an intruder.http://www.winchester.daily-monitor.com/16-year-girl-shot-by-father-while-attempting-to-sneak-back-into-home/18835/

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Duh! Everyone knows that. You shoot first, to quell your fear and to assert the power a gun confers, and then you ask questions. Heroes always shoot first!

Seriously, it could always be Obama breaking into your house to take away your guns and ammo!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is yet another in a long line of similar incidents which just goes to show that a lot of people who have guns shouldn't have them. They cause more problems than they solve.

People who get guns out of fear tend to use them out of fear.

What stupid and totally pointless situation. Poor little boy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A teen sunbathing in her driveway last week suffered fatal injuries when her sister accidentally drove over her head.

Marli Hamblin, 15, was wearing headphones and listening to music Friday while lying on a blanket in the driveway of her home in Syracuse, Utah, Fox 13 reported. At around noon, Hamblin’s older sister backed out of the garage in a truck and, not realizing her sister was there, backed over the girl's head.

Hamblin suffered head injuries and died Sunday afternoon.

The victim, who had four siblings, enjoyed playing piano and had just made the cheerleading team at Syracuse High School, KUTV reported.

“She was always smiling and she was just spunky,” her aunt, Noelle Kelley, told the Standard Examiner.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Spin it any way you like. A person with the slightest amount of gray matter might think it was the child making noise, not an intruder. She shot at something she couldn't see. Perhaps a few of you should take a gun safety course for the fun of it, just so you'd have an idea of proper safety procedures.

Funny you never hear about these idiots shooting their dog or cat because they heard a noise. If I heard a noise at night, my first thought would be one of the animals unless I heard breaking glass.

What's gray matter? Is that another term for a gun?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

One detail from the report kinda has me confused. Was it the granny or the kids that were barracaded in their rooms? And why the heck would someone who has other people in their house, ESPECIALLY kids, do that?

Had a chair against the door. Clearly a responsible gun nut who was itching to let off a few rounds.