22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello my vj friends!

FINALLY.. Our k1 visa issued yesterday and on Monday I ok go at the embassy to get the passport with the envelope.

I have one question for u.

As i was searching on google i read that a woman got entry deny on k1 cause of the i-797 (noa2) was expired even of she had a visa.

Is that true? Should i say that on my embassy on Monday?

My noa2 expires on September 7. My flight will be on September 14 and Poe entry miami.

I also had a bad interview experience. Do u think is possible to deny my entry ?? How is miami Poe entry miami? Thank u so much for everything!!

As far as I know you have 6 months from the date on the visa to enter the US then 3 months to get married. I do not believe the date on the NOA2 has any bearing on this.

As for Miami POE read the reviews they are on this forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Miami&dfilter=0

Timeline

As far as I know you have 6 months from the date on the visa to enter the US then 3 months to get married. I do not believe the date on the NOA2 has any bearing on this.

As for Miami POE read the reviews they are on this forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Miami&dfilter=0

Thank u so much!!

Hello my vj friends!

FINALLY.. Our k1 visa issued yesterday and on Monday I ok go at the embassy to get the passport with the envelope.

I have one question for u.

As i was searching on google i read that a woman got entry deny on k1 cause of the i-797 (noa2) was expired even of she had a visa.

Is that true? Should i say that on my embassy on Monday?

My noa2 expires on September 7. My flight will be on September 14 and Poe entry miami.

I also had a bad interview experience. Do u think is possible to deny my entry ?? How is miami Poe entry miami? Thank u so much for everything!!

Please, for your sake look at the visa and find the expiration date on the visa. You must enter the US on or before that date. After you enter you have 90 days to get married. You might want to go to you local SSA office and apply for your SSC before you get married in your visa name. After you are married you file for adjustment of status (AOS--I-485), along with the employment authorization document (EAD-I-756) and advance parole (AP-I-131) which costs $1070 for one person. After your AOS is approved you receive your GC and the clock as a LPR begins.

As long as you enter the US before your VISA expires you should be fine--there can always be problems until you get a blue passport. Once you become a USC the CBP must let you enter, until then you are always at their mercy in gaining entry into the US (this is not meant to scare you as the horror stories are probably less than 1% of the people traveling to the US, but you hear about them and not the "everything was fine").

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Please, for your sake look at the visa and find the expiration date on the visa. You must enter the US on or before that date. After you enter you have 90 days to get married. You might want to go to you local SSA office and apply for your SSC before you get married in your visa name. After you are married you file for adjustment of status (AOS--I-485), along with the employment authorization document (EAD-I-756) and advance parole (AP-I-131) which costs $1070 for one person. After your AOS is approved you receive your GC and the clock as a LPR begins.

As long as you enter the US before your VISA expires you should be fine--there can always be problems until you get a blue passport. Once you become a USC the CBP must let you enter, until then you are always at their mercy in gaining entry into the US (this is not meant to scare you as the horror stories are probably less than 1% of the people traveling to the US, but you hear about them and not the "everything was fine").

Good luck,

Dave

Aaaaahhhh.... Whattttt??? I'm not talking about the visa expire im talking about noa2.

Aaaaahhhh.... Whattttt??? I'm not talking about the visa expire im talking about noa2.

I understand that. Who is going to see the NOA2? The Airline people will see the expiration date of the VISA. The CBP will see the expiration date of the VISA. You have the NOA2 and USCIS does too. Who else will know what the date is unless you show them the NOA2?

The NOA2 for the I-129F PETITION is what you are looking at. If it expires before your interview the Embassy can extend the date so you can have your interview and be issue the K-1 visa. You are well beyond that stage. The only thing that matters is the expiration date on the VISA.

Dave

Timeline

I understand that. Who is going to see the NOA2? The Airline people will see the expiration date of the VISA. The CBP will see the expiration date of the VISA. You have the NOA2 and USCIS does too. Who else will know what the date is unless you show them the NOA2?

The NOA2 for the I-129F PETITION is what you are looking at. If it expires before your interview the Embassy can extend the date so you can have your interview and be issue the K-1 visa. You are well beyond that stage. The only thing that matters is the expiration date on the VISA.

Dave

I wont give them noa2 but probably will be on the envelope with all the paperwork.

Thank u sooooo much for ur reply and ur help. I guess u are right! Im worry for no reason!!!

Dave

Some of US consulates issued a K-1 visa along with the petitioner's name and NOA-2 expiration's date as annotations on it. That's what the OP is worried about that might be airlines or immigration officers just looked into it and denied her entry.

To OP:

Don't much worried about it. Airlines and immigration officers know what they are doing. If they argued then tell them the differences between NOA-2 and K-1 visa. You should be just fine.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

So, you got it!!! Congratulations!!!

Don't worry about the NOA2. My NOA2 expired on January 31st and I entered the country on February, the 20th....no problems there!

Your visa will have an expiration date, which will be 6 months after the date of your medical examination. Make sure that you enter the country before that date and you'll be fine. Then you have to get married within 90 days after the date of entry and file for AoS.

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

(organizer hat off)

Congratulations!!

Your timeline indicated that your interview was at the Yerevan, Armenia embassy? You had a difficult interview? If you haven't already, don't forget to complete an embassy review.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

So, you got it!!! Congratulations!!!

Don't worry about the NOA2. My NOA2 expired on January 31st and I entered the country on February, the 20th....no problems there!

Your visa will have an expiration date, which will be 6 months after the date of your medical examination. Make sure that you enter the country before that date and you'll be fine. Then you have to get married within 90 days after the date of entry and file for AoS.

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

(organizer hat off)

Congratulations!!

Your timeline indicated that your interview was at the Yerevan, Armenia embassy? You had a difficult interview? If you haven't already, don't forget to complete an embassy review.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

I feel soooo relief now Kev that u told me that... :) i was talking on fb with girl from calebes and annoy her asking her about it again and again haha..

My embassy was athens greece. Sorry for the mistake.. I was trying to change it again and again and was appearing Armenia.. But still my interview was soooooooo hard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello my vj friends!

Congrats to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A strong recomendation, DO get your ssn ASAP.,.,do not make the mistake we made as we waited until after marriage to get ssn.,.,.,.,BAD MOVE on our part.

The SS system has your i-94 NAME ON IT NOT your new married anme..,.,,took us 5 trips to get SSN, and that was after wife got EAD/AP..,.,.,..

Please, good luck with POE..,...,Alanta.,.,was a nightmare! Hours.,.,.,just get settled,in..,.,go to SS office as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thank u all soooooo much!!!!

A strong recomendation, DO get your ssn ASAP.,.,do not make the mistake we made as we waited until after marriage to get ssn.,.,.,.,BAD MOVE on our part.

The SS system has your i-94 NAME ON IT NOT your new married anme..,.,,took us 5 trips to get SSN, and that was after wife got EAD/AP..,.,.,..

Please, good luck with POE..,...,Alanta.,.,was a nightmare! Hours.,.,.,just get settled,in..,.,go to SS office as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Oh woooow! Thank u for telling me that.. I was planing to get my ssn after the wedding cause i dont want to keep my last name at all. God bless u for telling me this.

Will i be able to change my last name though?? Completely from ssn.. I dont want to write both

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.