Kay&Jay

WE THANK GOD THAT OUR VOICE HAS BEEN HEARD FOR THE TEXAS CENTER!!!!!!!

58 posts in this topic

Waiting sucks. I waited 182 days and that was one of the shorter waits. It's horrific. Everyone that's waiting 30-60 days doesn't know what that anxiety is like. Making the playing field fair for everyone would be nice. Granted, it'd be perfect if it was a 30-60 day wait across the board but hey...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Waiting sucks. I waited 182 days and that was one of the shorter waits. It's horrific. Everyone that's waiting 30-60 days doesn't know what that anxiety is like. Making the playing field fair for everyone would be nice. Granted, it'd be perfect if it was a 30-60 day wait across the board but hey...

everyone knows what anxiety is regardless of their wait time. the difference is how much sooner do you file compared to someone else. can we stop comparing wait times? everyone has a long excruciating wait. people who waited longer are way closer than people who filed recently so is their wait really that bad compared to someone else who knows they have months ahead compared to the person who is almost at the finish line? stop down playing people's wait. filing time does not determine the last time you saw your loved one . . . .

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got approved today! and I am February filer!

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's unfair. I'm getting close to 8 months and still no approval!!!!

Tell me about it. Our dates are exactly the same

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Immigration process and fairness have nothing to do with each other. Wait times are all over the place depending upon the year filed, location, whims of the interviewing officer as to needing x,y,z additional info....

There is nothing fair about it. Its quite random in many cases.

This back and forth about 129F wait time between centers is silly.

Compare how long it takes to get the actual VISA in hand before you feel angry, jealous, or guilty.....

Our 129F took 63 days...since then....290 MORE days....and still waiting on embassy to look at my 2013 tax return, whenever they get around to it, for final visa issuance......

129F is just a step in the process, it may or may not equal a faster visa. What seems to happen is that if one step of the process goes well, another one goes slowly to equalize it...lol....

Good luck to all....our visa is coming any day....I guess...I will believe it when I see it.

Ok I have a different perspective on this... and it will most probably be shot down but... isn't waiting just a part of the process? I mean our timelines are not waiting 5 years! The maximum wait for a K-1 is not even 8 months tsc or csc.. so what are we really huffing and puffing about? A few extra months to build a solid relationship? I'm not saying it's easy, there is not one single night I have went to bed not wishing my boyfriend or now fiance was in bed right next to me! But I have chosen to pursue a love that I think is worth the wait. He has chosen to love and propose to a woman that is from a different country and bring her to live in his and love her and protect her. How many people in this world feel that strongly about another person? Not many in my experience. So yes the wait sucks, and might difficult but in 5 or max 8 months when you wake up next to that man and never have to leave him will it really matter??? We've been through a whole lot in this part year and I could not be more grateful or ready to start our lives together.

Just a perspective from a happily engaged woman :)

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I predicted this "rapid development" middle of July, I knew it was coming, as I had my source.

As for where the backlog is going, no idea, but I could guess. And be accurate.

I am fearful, this is not going to last much more than 2-3 months.,.,..,then TSC will be typical TSC!

This USCIS system is as "broken as this U.S. Government"..,.,it is all a disaster!

Why not have your loved one flown to Mexico, Honduras, etc..,.,.and just "walk across across the boarder" it is a sad state of affairs in the once great USA!

I predicted this "rapid development" middle of July, I knew it was coming, as I had my source.

As for where the backlog is going, no idea, but I could guess. And be accurate.

I am fearful, this is not going to last much more than 2-3 months.,.,..,then TSC will be typical TSC!

This USCIS system is as "broken as this U.S. Government"..,.,it is all a disaster!

Why not have your loved one flown to Mexico, Honduras, etc..,.,.and just "walk across across the boarder" it is a sad state of affairs in the once great USA!

I tried understanding your timeline... call me a dumb blonde if I'm off.. but are you with your loved one now?

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't know yet, but if all the transfers are headed to CSC then I would suspect it would, yes.

So glad we were approved through CSC before they got the Texas back log haha!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This discrepancy between service center wait times has just caused arguments and bitterness between VJ members. Everyone's idea of a long wait isn't the same - Heck, it's barely been 1 month since our NOA1 and it feels like forever. Everyone's circumstances are different - family issues, pregnancies, relationship troubles - that can cause a person's short wait to seem excruciatingly long.

Do I get annoyed when I see CSC folks being approved in 30-60 days? Sure I do, because it's unequal and that's the government's problem to fix - hopefully this is a step in the right direction. I am not against everyone getting to be with their loved one - but it really needs to be fair. It is not like those people who got TSC chose to go there - they were forced there based on the state they live in, and the way USCIS have divided the country it's HIGHLY imbalanced. A majority of the highly populated states go to TSC.

This process puts everyone on edge and I think instead of taking it out on our significant others, we take it out on each other because there's less risk of causing long-term 'problems'. Arguing over the wait time can destroy a relationship. I think many of us want solace and comfort, but then threads get comments from the "other" service center (be it TSC or CSC depending on the thread) and it's suddenly an all out war of who has been waiting the longest.

Hopefully USCIS are attempting to balance out the workload and they KEEP it that way going forward. They honestly need to rebalance the states - my fiance and I took the USCIS divided TSC/CSC and went by states population. There was a significant discrepancy, and they would do well to re-balance or open VSC back to process I-129F.

The reality is that this process is long, this process is rough and this process just plain sucks. We're only making it worse when we start getting at each other's throats even though none of us have control over where we are sent and all each of us cares about (ultimately) is getting our loved one here with us.

Good luck, hopefully TSC is getting on track

Edited by MeganLuke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

everyone knows what anxiety is regardless of their wait time. the difference is how much sooner do you file compared to someone else. can we stop comparing wait times? everyone has a long excruciating wait. people who waited longer are way closer than people who filed recently so is their wait really that bad compared to someone else who knows they have months ahead compared to the person who is almost at the finish line? stop down playing people's wait. filing time does not determine the last time you saw your loved one . . . .

I agree. So much pointless comparison between service centers and in the grand scheme of things were talking about 4-5 months difference max. MONTHS LOL. With the occasional anomaly in there, of course, to keep things interesting. Of course I am excited to start my life with my SO but we have the rest of our lives to spend together, a few months is so insignificant.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just got NOA2 approval yesterday 11th August. We filled towards February ending and received NOA1 February 28. On to the next step now. Thank u Jesus!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.