Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Initial Review

The I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this mean? It doesn't tell me which office? Has anyone else got this e-mail? I was initially transferred on 8/11 but have not received any hard copies of anything since then...

NOA1 4/25

Transferred to CSC 8/11

Thought it would have definitely gone to VSC since we filed from NY, but CA?!

ANXIETY!

Edited by jmonsterz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Like many others, I too was transferred from the Texas Service Center (TSC) on August 8th, and received a second notice that my application was sent to my local office on August 11th. After not receiving a hard copy in the mail, and after doing a bit of complaining when I called USCIS, I was, on my third attempt, transferred to someone who could access my case.

Like every other couple that has posted here in this thread AND has received thier hard copy, I was that I was transferred to CSC. We have ALL been transferred to CSC, with or without a hard copy letter. This is the only place the long suffering TSC couples have been transferred to regarldess of what level 1 telephone support or an automated recording tells you. This is a good thing.

I would ask that once ANY approvals from transferred cases start coming in that VJ members waste no time in updating thier timelines and posting here so we can all better track our own case status...

Thank you,

I think you were nice to wish her a better rest of her day :):thumbs: They probably don't hear that very often.

Here is what I think about the notices. I would imagine you have several adjudicators that have the same guidelines (as a general rule) to follow while performing their duties at TSC (heck, anywhere for that matter) and many of them follow them to a T and others not so much. I would guess that at some point in their training, they were told "we normally send out notifications for this and that but it isn't mandatory" so many do not follow the guidelines the way they should. We see examples of this regarding the Philippine expedites, inconsistent NOA2 dates, etc. It could boil down to plain laziness on their part for not wanting to enter the data into the system for the notices or they just don't have time to do it. Some may even think to themselves "They will find out eventually". I know it may sound harsh to us and it builds stress in our lives, but to them, it is just a job and they do the same thing every day, several times over. Different people do their jobs different ways and there are many reasons why.

I would even go as far as to say that there are probably a few people that were transferred and don't even know it. You, and others may never see a hard copy of the transfer....some never receive NOA1 hard copies. As long as you have been notified of a transfer via email and/or text, you are fine. I would just wait for NOA2 and hope that it will arrive sooner than it would have originally. That is a nice positive to keep in your mind. On to the next step :).

One other thing to keep in mind about calling a large service center. These people field hundreds, if not thousands, of calls every day from angry people. They get beat up pretty bad by most and are treated decent by a handful. After months or years of this, they become numb to the reasons behind the calls and just want to be done with them. It becomes difficult not to take things personally with all the anger directed at them for something they have no control over so it eventually gets reflected back on the callers. It always helps to understand people when we look at it from both sides of the coin even when it is as difficult as waiting for our loved ones to arrive.

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about not receiving a hard copy for a transfer. It isn't anything you need for the next step of the process and it won't have any bearing on a decision. Just smile every time you think about a faster approval :)

Thank you for the reply,

I was interested in your thoughts, it seems you are very knowledgeable in this process and your comments are welcomed. Gives me some sense of assurance. Your bottom line is confirmation of my thoughts and I am not going to worry, as you said this isn't anything I need for my next step. What I worry about is not receiving the NOA2, which is crucial in the process. Hopefully that document will be sent to me and if not than I will have to be more aggressive in my due diligence. Which is not a problem for me.

It's just that sometimes I would like to believe that our government agencies run accurately and accordingly, and with less attitude, e.g post offices, Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security Office... I know that these are human beings that are probably overworked and have to deal with angry customers on a daily basis and God knows what other personal situations maybe causing additional stresses, but it is a choice they make in their careers to be of customer service, I will say that I will continue to treat these people with respect for what they do. I will continue to be polite and cordial as this strategy is always beneficial to me.

Have a great day! and thanks again

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

so when do you think we will start seeing approvals for those transferred?

in 2-3 weeks if it is like transfers in the past.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I got a returned post decision activity yesterday, an hour later it just went back to Initial Review...

09/17/2015 - AOS Package Mailed- NOA assigned by USCIS

09/23/2015 - AOS,EAD,AP NOA received via text/email
10/03/2015 - Biometrics Appointment letter received
10/15/2015 - Biometrics Appointment for EAD/AOS

11/10/2015 - Interview Scheduled for December 16

11/21/2015 - EAD Denied

11/21/2015 - We order your new card (I-845)

11/23/2015 - We approved your form I-485

11/25/2015 - We have cancelled your interview for your Form I-485

11/27/2015 - Green card in hand :dancing:

1pzfxf.png

Mine says it was transferred to my local office- I live in Texas and im seeing the local office is in mesquite?

It's CSC.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I filed back on April, Got transfer to California on August 11... Now what? How much longer? Anybody else in the same boat? Im nervous

You're like the rest of us. The "normal" amount of time is 5 months to receive the NOA2. Our transfers are hopefully going to make that a reality for us all.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Hey guys. I am new to this forum. I am a may filer and I was transfered to California from Texas. I hope this is good news. Its nice to know other people are going tru the same.. I dont feel as lonely :D

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.