Sal_R

spanish to english translation form for birth certificate

11 posts in this topic

each translation would be drastically different because of the birth certificate. You technically can translate it but i would advise against it. Some people get accepted with it, some get denied. You have to translate EVERYTHING not just the main text. I had mine professionally translated to avoid any issues and they translate everything include stamps, seals, emblems etc.

I recommend www.rev.com they are awesome. just send a jpeg document online and they have a 24 hour turn around. all you need is the email version of it and you can print it out. no need to have it notarized etc. Its worth the $25 bucks to have a clear concious knowing its correct.

Met: 12/2011

Married: 12/26/2013

Interview Date: 8/27/2014 - APPROVED

REUNITED!: 9/10/2014

POE: Miami

I-751 & I-912 filed together: 6/16/2016

Package Received In CA Service Center: 6/21/2016

I-912: Denied 8/6/2016

I-751 sent w/payment: 8/22/2016

Package Received at CSC: 8/24/2016

NOA-1: 8/29/2016 (dated 8/24/2016)

Biometrics Appt: 10/11/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Found through a Google search. Google can also be your friend. :yes:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I translated all my documents since I am a certified Bilingual Teacher and so far I have not received anything that would indicate they are going to have an issue with it. Hopefully it all goes smoothly on that regard. I do agree that every document is unique and that to be on the safe side have it done professionally if you are not sure. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is better to receive advice in the public forums. That way others can see it and chime in if any misinformation is given. It is also helpful to others that may be in need of the same advice.

You can translate it. Anyone fluent in both languages can. You do not need to pay a third party to do it. You just need to translate the whole thing and try and keep the layout similar. Where there is a seal, then put 'Seal'. My husband translated his own from Spanish, and used Word to keep the layout as close as possible to the original birth certificate. The person translating the document must include this certification on the translated document > http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I also recommend www.REV.com it actually took less than 24 hours for Spanish (Mexican birth certificate) to English translation

the total was aroung $47.00 because I also wanted it notarized.

it was too much of a headache to do it on my own (other issues on my fathers application)

You can translate it yourself, if you are fluent in both languages. The Colombian birth certificate is not hard to translate, I have done it before myself. You need to translate and copy EVERYTHING. When I did it, I made it in excel so I could have the boxes and arrange them similar to how they are on the Colombian BC. Where ever there was a seal, I simply wrote [ SEAL ] and translated any text on the seal underneath the wording, as well as wrote SIGNATURE where it was signed. The Colombian BC, as I'm sure you know, is front and back, and you need to include the notations they write as well.

At the bottom of the translated birth certificate, you need to include a statement saying you are fluent in both languages and that the translated document is an accurate translation. Something like: I, your name, certify I am fluent in both English and Spanish and that this is an accurate translation of the document (name of document). Include the date, your name and address, and sign it.

You do not need to pay money for translation services, you also do not need to have it notarized.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I hear that you do not have to have the translations notarized; however, this webpage says:

Important Notice: All documents not written in English or in the official language of the country in which the interview takes place MUST be accompanied by a translation in English. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and notarized. Translations submitted to the NVC will be included in the applicants case file.

Is there a difference between what we are talking about here and what I need?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The difference is you are quoting the DoS site about obtaining a visa from a US consulate. This forum is for adjustment applicants, sending forms to the USCIS for a green card. Someone applying for an immigrant visa to enter the US should follow the directions given to them by the NVC and their consulate. Someone applying for AOS within the US should follow the directions of the USCIS and the I-485 instructions.

USCIS instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

spanish translation agency adheres to strict data security protocols to ensure that files and other important credentials are safeguarded. A non-disclosure agreement is always implemented at the commencement of any certified translation service to guarantee confidentiality all the time.

For immigration, legal, professional and even academic purposes, translations are crucial. Our pool of certificate translation experts will do the job with great accuracy and quality. Our translation services are acknowledged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other professionals globally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.