SaharaSunset

LBGT marriage rights vs Polygamist marriage rights?

148 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But who would oversee the divison of property, child custody and child support issues?

People share property, I share property with my Brother, we are not married.

Company owners share property, shareholders, no need to bring marriage into this.

Lots of people are together without being married.

Child custody and support is a completely separate issue, believe it or not they arise with or with out marriage.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

People share property, I share property with my Brother, we are not married.

Company owners share property, shareholders, no need to bring marriage into this.

Lots of people are together without being married.

Child custody and support is a completely separate issue, believe it or not they arise with or with out marriage.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Take marriage out of a polygamy thread? :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Take marriage out of a polygamy thread? :lol:

It has everything t do with the situation, the nature of relationships and the names people call them.

Nobody is saying you can not have 6 girl friends, the issue seemingly is that you are not allowed to be able to call them 'wives'.

Which is silly.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

But who would oversee the divison of property, child custody and child support issues?

whole lot of laws had to be re written for Blacks to vote

Filed: Timeline

I trust everyone missed the bit in the article I posted earlier that plural marriage was the original state of things. Monogamous, heterosexual marriage came after...

Then you advocate there being no family laws at all. I'm not sure that's a brilliant state of affairs really.

I usually don't read articles you post.

I advocate equality to all.

I wonder how the people that pushed for doma's demise couldn't see this being the next 'equality' in marriage argument.

the same people that do now.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I usually don't read articles you post.

I advocate equality to all.

I wonder how the people that pushed for doma's demise couldn't see this being the next 'equality' in marriage argument.

the same people that do now.

It's the other way around. DOMA is far more recent than polygamy.

http://www.polygamy.com/history-of-polygamy.html

The history of polygamy dates back to a long time ago, since this has been practiced for many centuries by cultures from all over the world. The Hebrew society has partially accepted polygamy and there are traces that say that it happened in the classical China too. The polygamy was also encountered sporadically at the Native Americans, in the West African continent, Polynesia, India and the ancient Greece.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

no way. 4real? you wanna take a stab at addressing what you bolden?

Way. For real...

I refuse to believe that there is anyone on this thread who was not already aware that polygamy has been around a for a long time.

Go figure...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org