SaharaSunset

LBGT marriage rights vs Polygamist marriage rights?

148 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I grew up knowing two "families" with multiple wives (one with two, the other with three) - we always knew the polygamist kids in school, they were the ones with old ratty clothes that could never play after class. We never got to meet the moms, they were always in their yards that always had a fence all the way around..

On the other end: The non-religious side of polyamory is much more common than people think. I am not involved myself but we do have some friends that are involved in these type of relationships and have met others through them. About half have been women with multiple men.. From what I have seen these almost never last - someone is always a "second" and eventually moves on..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

child support enforcement.

So you are against someone having multiple children by different women. ?? Your kidding right !

every argument you've used has been used against same sex marriage in the past.

Incorrectly however, 2 marital partners fits our system, 20 does not.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It not only affects me, but it affects the foundation of our society as a whole. Nothing in our system is set up for families with multiple marital partners.

Same could be said for gay marriage.

The same could be said of any marriage. Any two persons can do anything a similar married couple can do. They only purpose or marriage is to secure the right to property and community of the parties involved.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

On the other end: The non-religious side of polyamory is much more common than people think. I am not involved myself but we do have some friends that are involved in these type of relationships and have met others through them. About half have been women with multiple men.. From what I have seen these almost never last - someone is always a "second" and eventually moves on..

i think this is going to be what the upcoming generation has to convince my generation to get on board with as a new normal. polyamory is more popular an ideal with the youngsters.

So you are against someone having multiple children by different women. ?? Your kidding right !

no, i'm not. i'm also not against a woman having children with different men.

Filed: Timeline

The system once assumed that a black man was presumed slave unless he could produce papers showing he's free.

The system can change.

So really, enough talk about the system. Let's focus on what's right and what's wrong and then the logistics (the system) can be dealt with later.

Which is irrelevant to being married or not.

I swear to god I don't get Liberals. If a man in a poverty area, wants to run around and impregnate 5 different women, with no means to support any of them, then it's our duty as caring Americans to provide them tax payer assited substance for life so we can encourage this behavior.

If a man wants to take legal responsibility for 5 different women, provide for their needs, and raise them as a family with no help from the Govt. Well. it just can't be allowed

Yes America they do think that upside down

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There used to be no debate about Gay Marriage.

None of the Governments business how adults organise their lives.

And in those days there was a massive social stigma about being gay - coming out meant a person could lose their job, be cut off by friends and family, even physically attacked for it.