SaharaSunset

LBGT marriage rights vs Polygamist marriage rights?

148 posts in this topic

shame, isn't it.

I am really starting to like you a lot more

I refuse to believe that there is anyone on this thread who was not already aware that polygamy has been around a for a long time.

well you know, some folks just got to post something. Sooner a latter a monkey banging on a piano plays a note or two

no way. 4real?

I think when he got the Cuba, monopoly thing right the other day he got excited and started reaching.. Alas been found wanting, ever since

What if >2 families were limited to even numbers with equal numbers of men and women?

what business is it of ours how many men and women want to marry each other. It is not going to affect me in any way

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's not silly. Marriage is a legally binding contract between two people. Our laws and the system that writes those laws is based upon that fact, it would be a collossal undertaking and a huge financial burden to change that. It is much easier for multiple people to just live together without the contract of marriage.

It actually would be. Unless the assumption is made that women are property, which is really the basis of polygamy in the real world under sharia law and Mormon beliefs, you can't create an easily definable family unit. You're better off getting rid of marriage altogether.

what else is there to talk about? :crying:

*fixed it for ya.

TM/GZ ?

It's not silly. Marriage is a legally binding contract between two people. Our laws and the system that writes those laws is based upon that fact, it would be a collossal undertaking and a huge financial burden to change that. It is much easier for multiple people to just live together without the contract of marriage.

We have had to change a lot of laws, to grant equality to people. Slavery.. Nah screw a war, a constitutional amnd, 100 years of struggle. Just let them stay slaves. Too many laws to change

Nailed It!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wait those :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Look so familiar. Now where have I seen those ?

Who NB? That's a first!

I am going to deep fry you and feed you to G and D rolled in Sugar or send Marvin to cut you!!

Where is Marvin ?

and risk our newfound friendship? :no:

it was tongue in cheek.. I honestly don't think between every member of CHEST we could think of one new thing to say on the subject

wait those :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Look so familiar. Now where have I seen those ?

I am going to deep fry you and feed you to G and D rolled in Sugar or send Marvin to cut you!!

Where is Marvin ?

I believe Ramadan just ended on Sunday, so Marvin is prolly keeled over in a food coma somewhere. :lol:

Edited by Teddy B