aidsman

K1 July 2014 Filers

681 posts in this topic

I'm so happy for all of you who have received your NOA2s...wishing you a speedy next step! But ugh, we're getting so frustrated. My fiance had come for a visit this past week and we really hoped we would have heard by now. At this rate, I'm wondering if we would have been better to have me go up to Canada. I am so tired of having to say good bye at the airport. :cry:

Bonnie, hang in there!! I know you're waiting a longer time than others at CSC, but once this is behind you, you will forget (sorta) about this long separation and revel in you and Darren finally being able to be together permanently after all these years. My heart aches for you; I know very little what it's like to be separated for such long stretches of time. But you are almost there! Once CSC gives their approval, the process will be much quicker. Then the real planning can begin! I've been waiting to see your approval, and I can't wait for when it finally happens! You so deserve to have that man with you, as your husband. My prayers, happy thoughts, and good vibes are all sent your direction (and his!). I'm waiting for your announcement!

Tina

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

after 94 days of waiting (so far), we woke up to this email update:

"On October 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)"

YAY!

so of course we'd like to get a head start on gathering the needed info for the next steps, does anyone have a clear idea about which forms we'll need to have filled out or a link to the uscis site which details what is needed? or do we just wait for the checklist to come in the mail?

thanks july-sters :]

Here are some links, http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

You can do the DS-160 now, just save and do not submit http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html until you have everything and the new consulate specific case number.

Start gathering I-134 data financial support.

Letter of intent and continued support of K1 process

start making up your packet cover sheet and section cover sheets.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here are some links, http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

You can do the DS-160 now, just save and do not submit http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.html until you have everything and the new consulate specific case number.

Start gathering I-134 data financial support.

Letter of intent and continued support of K1 process

start making up your packet cover sheet and section cover sheets.

thanks, that helped a lot! :]

I29F

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-17

I-129F RFE : 2014-10-02

RFE Reply : 2014-10-10

RFE Reply Received : 2014-10-15

thanks, that helped a lot! :]

You are welcome,

regardless of what people on here said about the consulate not wanting something, if it is on the packet 3 or 4, we are providing it, if the consulates tells us they do not need it, we will shred or burn what we do not want to keep. you never know when someone knew will require something or there will be a policy change. or someone got in trouble during an inspection or during formal file review.

on the DS160, I did it and had my fiancée go over it, I gave the login info part by Skype and part by email, where I did not have the info. I used dummy information and went back later and fixed it or my fiancée did. we both went over it several times.

I have a couple of bank accounts, so I put together an excel spreadsheet showing amounts for account and then posted bank letters and account balances behind spreadsheet.

I emailed my fiancé a copy of letter of intent and My fiancée typed up hers and emailed me a copy of her letter, so I could check her English, she is fluent but sometimes being fluent and reading properly are two different things.

Our package shipped out of NVC today, not bragging, but This Friday after my check hits my account I will print out new balance sheets, pay stub, print updated forms with current dates, it will all go priority mail to her. she will have it in one week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

"On October 20, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)"

YAY!

so of course we'd like to get a head start on gathering the needed info for the next steps, does anyone have a clear idea about which forms we'll need to have filled out or a link to the uscis site which details what is needed? or do we just wait for the checklist to come in the mail?

Congratulations!!

7/17/2014: I-129F sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

7/18/2014: I-129F delivery confirmation on USPS website

7/23/2014: Bank account shows deposit of filing fee

7/23/2014: USCIS text message and email confirmation of routing to CSC

7/24/2014: Alien Reg # Changed

7/29/2014: Hardcopy NOA1 received

10/16/2014: RFE Text received

10/23/2014: RFE Reply sent

10/27/2014: RFE Reply received

11/5/2014: NOA2 received via text and email

11/24/2014: NVC Case # created :thumbs:

:clock:

YAY!

sorry I forgot to congratulate you guys, congratulations

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

now we're waiting for our packet to be shipped to nvc i guess

I29F

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-17

I-129F RFE : 2014-10-02

RFE Reply : 2014-10-10

RFE Reply Received : 2014-10-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Mailed: 07/21/2014

Received: 08/04/2014

NOA1: 08/06/2014

No other status available: 10/26/2014

Tim (L) Natalia

Petition Sent: 08/04/2014

Received: 08/06/2014

RFE: 10/29/2014

RFE Reply: 11/04/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Embassy has our case and website shows ready for interview. Everything going so fast! We are still getting last few documents together! Keep us in your prayers, please.

Best of Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm going to take a peek in here too, since our ARN was changed July 29, which I guess marks the date as our NOA1?

I have been using the August date as a guideline so not to feel so sad that it's taking so long. Doesn't seem to matter either way, much like the hours of the day which only go by at their own pace, so do the days since NOA1.

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

I'm going to take a peek in here too, since our ARN was changed July 29, which I guess marks the date as our NOA1?

I have been using the August date as a guideline so not to feel so sad that it's taking so long. Doesn't seem to matter either way, much like the hours of the day which only go by at their own pace, so do the days since NOA1.

it will come, I know that not what you want to hear, but there is not others we can offer except. It will come and just be prepared when it does, because will move quickly then

Embassy has our case and website shows ready for interview. Everything going so fast! We are still getting last few documents together! Keep us in your prayers, please.

Best of Luck!

Awesome, glad to hear the consulate got your case yesterday.

I checked this morning, and our consulate got our case today as well. My fiancee paid the fee two days ago through the postal bank and we are waiting for to hit the consulate account so we can set up her interview date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awesome, glad to hear the consulate got your case yesterday.

I checked this morning, and our consulate got our case today as well. My fiancee paid the fee two days ago through the postal bank and we are waiting for to hit the consulate account so we can set up her interview date.

Best of Luck! This came a bit fast so we need to hold off a bit until he can gather a few more documents and receive his renewed passport. We thought we'd have more time! I'm not complaining tho believe me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Our timelines are the same. Although our NOA1 was August, we are also keeping an eye on the July filers. TSC is just dismal.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.