3,165 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, Jaynik said:

Hi all need some suggestions my dad is petitioner for me and his income is low  we fill i864 for dad and i864A for mom so now we are showing my younger brother as an additional sponsors so for him which form we need to fill i864 or i864A as he is living in same house. Pls reply asap.
Thanks

Timeline

After the interview, you will get the passport back in how many days? By the way, my interview was done on yesterday 5th September and it was very smooth and got approved. My case status is still "ready for the interview" even my interview has been done. What are the next steps and when this ready staus will be changed? 

I want to share my experience in my interview for anyone applying for F2B retention (Opt out).

As I said, I filed for a F2B retention and got the interview letter 2 months later.

1 month before the interview, my case status changed from AT NVC to READY, which mean my documents were sent to the Consulate in my country.

2 weeks before the interview, when I check the case status, it said that my category was changed to F2B (previously F1).

In my interview, the consular officer noticed that my petitioner is a citizen, so she asked me if I want to keep my F2B status.

I said yes. Then she gave me a F2B opt out form to sign.

The content of this form is that I agree to keep my F2B status and I will not against them if I change my mind and want to upgrade to F1.

They also gave me a letter to promise that I will not marry until I enter the US with F2B visa.

Then she said my case was approved and I can wait for my visa.

4 days later, my case status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing and then Issued.

2 days later, I got my visa and a sealed envelope which contain my documents so I can submit to the CBP.

P/S: Please note that in some countries, such as Philippines, you will have to send a letter to DHS in Phillipinese and get their approval about F2B retention (opt out) before the interview.

The consular officer may ask you to go home and get that letter before they can approve your visa.

Edited by Triple28

8 hours ago, WSI said:

After the interview, you will get the passport back in how many days? By the way, my interview was done on yesterday 5th September and it was very smooth and got approved. My case status is still "ready for the interview" even my interview has been done. What are the next steps and when this ready staus will be changed? 

After an successful interview, about 2-7 working days later, your case status will be changed from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, and then ISSUED.

Then after 2-4 working days you will get the visa package via post mail. It included your passport and a sealed envelope to submit to the CBP.

You should check the info in your visa and the Summary form on the top of sealed envelope, such as your name, birthdate, case number and US address.

Because your green card will be sent to the US address noted on this Summary form.

If the address is wrong, you can ask the CBP to update your latest address when you enter the US.

You will get an instruction paper for paying green card fee $220 before entering the US and get Receipt number in confirmation email.

That is the final payment for this process.

After enter the US, you can use the Receipt number to check when your green card is issued here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

From 30 days - 120 days the green card will be issued.

After it shows "Issued", you can call the USCIS to ask them about green card's tracking number so you can check when USPS send the green card to you.

You should register Informed delivery service of USPS to know when they send green card and social number to you.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

The social security number card will be sent to you within 2 weeks after entering the US.

If you don't get it, which mean they forget you, so you should go to the SSA local officer to register directly.

4 hours ago, Jaynik said:

Thnks bro and congratulations for ur visa can you pls share your interview experience 

You should ensure that your i864 is correct and bring the latest tax transcript, W2 in the interview so they do not ask anything about income.

In the interview, the Consular officer asked me and most of other cases in that morning:

- How did the petitioner go to the US? When?

- How many times the petitioner return to visit you in your country? When? How long?

- Are you single or married?

- Is the petitioner a citizen? 

While you are answering and the interpreter are translating it, the CO look in their computer to check if your answer is correct as in their system.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Triple28 said:

I want to share my experience in my interview for anyone applying for F2B retention (Opt out).

As I said, I filed for a F2B retention and got the interview letter 2 months later.

1 month before the interview, my case status changed from AT NVC to READY, which mean my documents were sent to the Consulate in my country.

2 weeks before the interview, when I check the case status, it said that my category was changed to F2B (previously F1).

In my interview, the consular officer noticed that my petitioner is a citizen, so she asked me if I want to keep my F2B status.

I said yes. Then she gave me a F2B opt out form to sign.

The content of this form is that I agree to keep my F2B status and I will not against them if I change my mind and want to upgrade to F1.

They also gave me a letter to promise that I will not marry until I enter the US with F2B visa.

Then she said my case was approved and I can wait for my visa.

4 days later, my case status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing and then Issued.

2 days later, I got my visa and a sealed envelope which contain my documents so I can submit to the CBP.

P/S: Please note that in some countries, such as Philippines, you will have to send a letter to DHS in Phillipinese and get their approval about F2B retention (opt out) before the interview.

The consular officer may ask you to go home and get that letter before they can approve your visa.

@Triple28 when was your interview? mine was on 5th September and I'm really scared why my status not yet changed to AP from ready because I have checked other forums and CR1 category applicants status has been changed immediately. Is this normal? Also, my case last updated date is same as my interview date means they never touched my case yet.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Triple28 said:

After an successful interview, about 2-7 working days later, your case status will be changed from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, and then ISSUED.

Then after 2-4 working days you will get the visa package via post mail. It included your passport and a sealed envelope to submit to the CBP.

You should check the info in your visa and the Summary form on the top of sealed envelope, such as your name, birthdate, case number and US address.

Because your green card will be sent to the US address noted on this Summary form.

If the address is wrong, you can ask the CBP to update your latest address when you enter the US.

You will get an instruction paper for paying green card fee $220 before entering the US and get Receipt number in confirmation email.

That is the final payment for this process.

After enter the US, you can use the Receipt number to check when your green card is issued here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

From 30 days - 120 days the green card will be issued.

After it shows "Issued", you can call the USCIS to ask them about green card's tracking number so you can check when USPS send the green card to you.

You should register Informed delivery service of USPS to know when they send green card and social number to you.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

The social security number card will be sent to you within 2 weeks after entering the US.

If you don't get it, which mean they forget you, so you should go to the SSA local officer to register directly.

You are awesome!! This information is really helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.