3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, tounkis said:

Yes i got email first yersterday

Then i went to ceac website to update my case number

I Notice that my case was turn from AT NVC to IN TRANSIT

Good evening just have a few question on this did you check ceac website before get email from nvc and if yes what did it say 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i need help. Im from the Philippines. My pd is july30 2007, under F2B, which is now current status. I completed the submission of documents last March 2018, and recieved a letter last April 2018 that all my documents are complete and just wait for interview schedule. I just recieved my interview letter today and is scheduled on april 23,2019. The problem is, my mother filed for USC last October 2018, and she didnt file for the opt out from F1 and be retained for F2B, thinking that we no longer need to do that because we are just waiting for immigrant visa and all fees are paid already. Should i still notify the NVC regarding the case or should i just move on to medical examination and show up for the interview? I really really need help. Thank you.

7 hours ago, tcmd818 said:

Hi, i need help. Im from the Philippines. My pd is july30 2007, under F2B, which is now current status. I completed the submission of documents last March 2018, and recieved a letter last April 2018 that all my documents are complete and just wait for interview schedule. I just recieved my interview letter today and is scheduled on april 23,2019. The problem is, my mother filed for USC last October 2018, and she didnt file for the opt out from F1 and be retained for F2B, thinking that we no longer need to do that because we are just waiting for immigrant visa and all fees are paid already. Should i still notify the NVC regarding the case or should i just move on to medical examination and show up for the interview? I really really need help. Thank you.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/how-long-does-a-request-to-opt-out-of-f1-to-f2b-ca-2787710.html

7 hours ago, tcmd818 said:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ImmigrantVisaFAQ.html

Timeline
10 hours ago, woodpecker1 said:

Thanks so much for the link you sent me, i read where i should fax or mail my letter of request to opt-out.. ive been reading a lot of discussions and it got me confused and scared because they didnt have great results. I will do it asap, fingers crossed..

On 3/12/2019 at 3:54 AM, tcmd818 said:

When you say "my mother filed for USC last October 2018", did your mother become a USC in Oct 2018?Or just file for it? If she has not become USC, you might be still in F2b.

Timeline
1 hour ago, woodpecker1 said:

When you say "my mother filed for USC last October 2018", did your mother become a USC in Oct 2018?Or just file for it? If she has not become USC, you might be still in F2b.

She already is a citizen. 😩 It was granted Oct 23. She thought she can be a USC because we are just waiting for an interview.. it's really so stressful that i have to go through this instead of the easier path. Do you have any idea how long it takes before they respond to my request?  Will they notify me thru email? Thanks so much. 

1 hour ago, tcmd818 said:

She already is a citizen. 😩 It was granted Oct 23. She thought she can be a USC because we are just waiting for an interview.. it's really so stressful that i have to go through this instead of the easier path. Do you have any idea how long it takes before they respond to my request?  Will they notify me thru email? Thanks so much. 

No idea, sorry. I just googled the issue. Good luck.

22 hours ago, tcmd818 said:

We requested to change back to F2B last August and it took around six weeks. The only caveat is that the case is reopened and when the change is approved your case is considered complete again, so that date would change. It is not difficult to do though. We requested via email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.