3,164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricdmakahintay said:

jose, When did you complete the papers?

Hi Sir Rick! I submitted the required documents like birth certificate, police clearance, and scanned copy of my passport last May 2017. Unfortunately i messed up in submitting the police clearance because what i submitted to the NVC was the PNP Police Clearance instead of the NBI Clearance. SEptember 21 when i received the case-closed letter and September 29 when i received the interview letter stating that November 16 will be my interview date.

Edited by Jose Noel

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, myomin said:

Hi All,

I got an interview letter, date on Feb 05th

My PD is Jan 2011 F2B, Myanmar.

I am worry about the medical. Does anyone knows about the medical test?

Call to clinics approved by US embassy and they will guide you concerning medical exam.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thank you visa journey. helped me a lot for my journey to come to usa.

Priority Date:  09/11/ 2010

Interview Date: 11/21/2017

did not get visa on interview day.gave 221g letter. put me on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING for missing documents.

11/30/2017 submitted missing documents

case status on NVC:

12/15/2017 case update ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

12/18/2017 case update ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

12/22/17 email from US Embasy to submit passport

12/28/2017 Ready

12/29/17 issued

Can anyone tell estimated waiting time if PD is AUG2015? How many years left to wait before process starts and visa at hand? What impact (changes in waiting time) will it have on petition if LPR petitioner becomes USC 2018 or 2019?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jag605555 said:

My priority date is feb 2011 and i am from india and consular office in new delhi,

but currently i am in canada as student will nvc schedule my interview at canada consular office or at delhi consular office ????

They will schedule where your address was provided on DS-260.

Timeline
On 2018-01-23 at 5:46 PM, daikku said:

Can anyone tell estimated waiting time if PD is AUG2015? How many years left to wait before process starts and visa at hand? What impact (changes in waiting time) will it have on petition if LPR petitioner becomes USC 2018 or 2019?

Your PD would get current ~2022. You have to wait 3-3,5 year before process would start and 4-4,5 year till you would receive visa if immigration reform does not change it.

It is difficult to predict if F1 will move faster than F2B at that moment, but when petitioner will become USC, your petition will be converted to F1 and if F2B would move forward faster, you would have an opportunity to opt-out back to F2B.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jag605555 said:

Last i updated the address for canada 

Call next week to NVC, they will start scheduling interview appointments and ask if it is scheduled yet and where it will be scheduled. Good luck!

8 hours ago, Lain said:

Your PD would get current ~2022. You have to wait 3-3,5 year before process would start and 4-4,5 year till you would receive visa if immigration reform does not change it.

It is difficult to predict if F1 will move faster than F2B at that moment, but when petitioner will become USC, your petition will be converted to F1 and if F2B would move forward faster, you would have an opportunity to opt-out back to F2B.

Thanks for this clarification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.