pam31037

Help, my husband has turned into mean person.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband has now became this alcoholic, non working, lying, cheating man! He is wanting me to move out our home! He has been here 14 months now. He said he dont have to go back to morocco even though its not been 2 years. I want to revoke my sponsorship. Im also filing for divorce.

What are the steps for me to revoke my sponsorship?

How do I notify imigration of him, or do I?

Do I need to do anything else???

Desperate for answers...

Timeline

I have found him on dating sites, saying he is single man, I have found him on sites since couple months after he arrived. Is this something I should report?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes that could imply that on his part the relationship isn't real and he married you for a green card. There are contacts on the bottom of the page to report fraud to.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Thank you for the info, I ll report the dating sites he is on.

Any more info anyone has, or ideas to do, Id be interested in hearing.

I dont see where to report the fraud?

VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

~~moved to effects of major family changes to immigration from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

My husband has now became this alcoholic, non working, lying, cheating man! He is wanting me to move out our home! He has been here 14 months now. He said he dont have to go back to morocco even though its not been 2 years. I want to revoke my sponsorship. Im also filing for divorce.

Desperate for answers...

To be on dating site stating you are single when you are not completely not justified on both parts no matter what's the issue in marriage. Only a cheater goes to dating site after being married. If its your home nobody can force you to leave. If you are not happy with your married life and have proof of husband cheating on you, you can file for divorce on this basis. You can notify immigration by mailing letter stating that you found your husband cheating and got to know that he married you only for green card (make sure you have enough strong proofs to prove it). You can't cancel sponsorship at this stage but these things will defenitely harm to his immigration status. Keep all the records of him abusing you or your family.

I strongly believe you can't think of your future with cheater so better take decisions at this stage.

Edited by flora01

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

To be on dating site stating you are single when you are not completely not justified on both parts no matter what's the issue in marriage. Only a cheater goes to dating site after being married. If its your home nobody can force you to leave. If you are not happy with your married life and have proof of husband cheating on you, you can file for divorce on this basis. You can notify immigration by mailing letter stating that you found your husband cheating and got to know that he married you only for green card (make sure you have enough strong proofs to prove it). You can't cancel sponsorship at this stage but these things will defenitely harm to his immigration status. Keep all the records of him abusing you or your family.

I strongly believe you can't think of your future with cheater so better take decisions at this stage.

The thing is though, it's a game of both people wanting to do bad things to each other in a way. How can you suggest he's a cheater, when the op is trying to play the game too and get him punished? She has admitted her evidence is not strong against him (on a betrayal/scam level). She doesn't even know what's truly going on. This is a case for marriage counselling or divorce, not "I think our marriage is over now I want to destroy your life because you hurt me". I understand where you are coming from but we don't know the whole story.

Perhaps after marriage he learned that his wife was not whom he expected her to be, and vice versa. Yeah it's not cool to list on a dating site as single, but it ain't cool to try to ruin his new life either. As an immigrant myself I see both people as doing bad behavior and showing signs of inability to handle married life here. Their conversations as described seem more like roommates, and that's coming from both sides. Something ain't right about this and I'm not going to point fingers at the immigrant, only advise the damage that can be caused. And if it backfires, he can make the USC a misery. There's that affidavit of support thing, and if he does manage to fight it and eventually get his conditions removed, he could get some payback if he knew that his "ex" tried to ruin his life. It's a dangerous game to play and I think people should just move on, deal with their marriage/divorce and get on with life.

Entered on the VWP: 04/24/12

Couldn't leave her and we married on: 05/28/12

Sent package I-130 and I-485 concurrently: 07/20/12 - Day 1

USCIS received package on: 07/23/12 - Day 3

Received NOA1 text/email: 07/26/12 - Day 6

Received NOA1 hardcopy: 07/30/12 - Day 10

Received Biometrics date: 08/02/12 - Day 13

Got RFE from USCIS: 08/09/12 - Day 19

Completed Biometrics appointment: 08/20/12 - Day 30

Compiled RFE pack and sent back: 10/03/12 - Day 74

RFE Pending Review: 10/05/12 - Day 76

RFE accepted: 10/13/12 - Day 84

EAD and AP card production: 10/17/12 - Day 90

EAD in the mail: 10/18/12 - Day 91

Interview date: 11/20/12 - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

No, you can't revoke your sponsorship, just like you decided to have a child and then now the child's already here but doesn't behave the way you want it to, you wish you could put it back in but in fact you can't.

Best move would be to divorce and move on.

Good luck.

My USC ex was on dozens of dating sites since we were still married. Should I report him to the USCIS too?

The thing is though, it's a game of both people wanting to do bad things to each other in a way. How can you suggest he's a cheater, when the op is trying to play the game too and get him punished? She has admitted her evidence is not strong against him (on a betrayal/scam level). She doesn't even know what's truly going on. This is a case for marriage counselling or divorce, not "I think our marriage is over now I want to destroy your life because you hurt me". I understand where you are coming from but we don't know the whole story.

Perhaps after marriage he learned that his wife was not whom he expected her to be, and vice versa. Yeah it's not cool to list on a dating site as single, but it ain't cool to try to ruin his new life either. As an immigrant myself I see both people as doing bad behavior and showing signs of inability to handle married life here. Their conversations as described seem more like roommates, and that's coming from both sides. Something ain't right about this and I'm not going to point fingers at the immigrant, only advise the damage that can be caused. And if it backfires, he can make the USC a misery. There's that affidavit of support thing, and if he does manage to fight it and eventually get his conditions removed, he could get some payback if he knew that his "ex" tried to ruin his life. It's a dangerous game to play and I think people should just move on, deal with their marriage/divorce and get on with life.

Exactly, if you learn anytime in life that the person you married is not the one you loved the best step is divorce.

Searching someone on dating site while being married and stating single is called over-smartness, opportunist and cheating. Husband just wants to remain married for immigration purpose. If his status had been cleared, he must had dumped her after getting permanent GC. So technically he is waiting for time to dump her and searching another woman on a dating site. I don't understand the meaning of 'his new life'.

I never said that thinking about withdrawing sponsorship or ruining his life is justified on the part of OP. She can file for divorce on the basis of cheating or send letter to USCIS for the beneficiary's immigration intentions of marriage and move on in her life.

Thinking about ruining beneficiary's life after getting him/her here is completely wrong.

Edited by flora01

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

I'm so sorry this happened.

If it is your own house, you don't have to go anywhere. If he is violent to you please report it to the police.

How soon did he start behaving this way? If this behavior started after receiving the GC then it does seem a bit iffy to me :/

Please stay safe!

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Desperate for answers...

Wait, so... he's the immigrant, doesn't work, supposedly you do, and he wants YOU to move out of the house?

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.