Khmer2

our case is on ap due to fraud/material misreprestation

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hi folks,

i married my wife on september 15, 2012 and filed a petion in november, 2012. my wife received a letter to go in for interview on march 19, 2014. both of us were at the interview, very nervous and the co asked us a lot of questions. i think we only got about 50% of the questions right, then came the letter from the co stating that according to the evidence obtained during the interview and from the documents submitted, the co did not believe that our marriage is genuine and the petition will be sent back to the usa on fraud/material misrepresentation ground. the co said that i will take 2 months for the petition to get back to the usa and he didn't know how long it will take before the uscis or nvc contact me regarding their decision. i checked the ap status update and it says:

" Case Creation Date: 26-Aug-2013, Status Updated Date: 28-Mar-2014 "

" Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached."

in the mean time, i've already talked to a lawyer and he suggested that i should submit more supporting documents such as affidavits from friends and relatives stating that our marriage is genuine and more proofs of our relationship. the lawyer also suggested that i file a new petiton and pay all the fees again. any of u guys out there in the same situation as me? what are your suggestions?

thank you and good luck to all

Edited by Khmer2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

but for what reason the co denied your visa at the interview is there somthing ? do u have alot of proofs like photos with family and message phones and skype yahoo and letters from family is there somthing he ask about at the interview,?

but for what reason the co denied your visa at the interview is there somthing ? do u have alot of proofs like photos with family and message phones and skype yahoo and letters from family is there somthing he ask about at the interview,?

Read the post to know, without read the post you can answer.

Why could you only answer only 50 % of the questions?

Good question, of course that you dont 100% your wife or husband but how one couple with a real marriage can only answer 50% of questions made.?

That is strange.

hi folks,

i married my wife on september 15, 2012 and filed a petion in november, 2012. my wife received a letter to go in for interview on march 19, 2014. both of us were at the interview, very nervous and the co asked us a lot of questions. i think we only got about 50% of the questions right, then came the letter from the co stating that according to the evidence obtained during the interview and from the documents submitted, the co did not believe that our marriage is genuine and the petition will be sent back to the usa on fraud/material misrepresentation ground. the co said that i will take 2 months for the petition to get back to the usa and he didn't know how long it will take before the uscis or nvc contact me regarding their decision. i checked the ap status update and it says:

" Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached."

in the mean time, i've already talked to a lawyer and he suggested that i should submit more supporting documents such as affidavits from friends and relatives stating that our marriage is genuine and more proofs of our relationship. the lawyer also suggested that i file a new petiton and pay all the fees again. any of u guys out there in the same situation as me? what are your suggestions?

Dont waste your time sudmiting documents now.

Your petition will be sent to uscis again and deny .

After that you can apply again.

But now, nothing you can do, you have said that you only answer 50% of questions, for the co that is a fraud.

And get prepare for the second application to be inquire

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi folks,

Something is very wrong here. You didn't get the usual denied because you didn't show evidence of a bonafide relationship. But denied for "fraud/material misrepresentation ground."

What exactly did you submit? Was their previous petitions?

Filing again gets you no where if you don't know why they think you have a fraud /Misrep. You need to find out what was said so wait you must..

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Back up here...you didn't give enough details.....you filed a I-130 for a CR1 visa and the CO didn't believe you have a bona fide marriage.

What evidence of a genuine marriage did you submit ?
Which questions were asked ? Which ones did you not know ?

Did he mention the reason he suspected fraud other than that he believes you are not bona fide ?

Were all your documents in order or did he say you misrepresented yourself on one ?

Has there been a previous application for any visa type ? Tourist, K1, Diversity ?

CR1's do not expire so the above comment that you simply file again by one poster is incorrect.

A CO can not revoke your petition, only USCIS can, therefore after your case returns to USCIS you will receive a NOID/NOIR

letter addressing the issues the CO found and you will have a certain time in which to submit your rebuttal.
Then you wait if USCIS accepts or denies it. If denied you correct the issue(s) and file again.
If reaffirmed, the case will go back to the consulate for another interview.

You will have a good chance to be reaffirmed IF you address the issues they don't like.
Your lawyer is missing the boat, if you get denied on misrepresentation find a lawyer that specializes in waivers

but that is another topic for another day. First things first.
Wait for the NOID/NOIR Letter (3-6 months) and come back here if anything is unclear.

Share exact details of how the interview went as being vague will not get you the help here you need.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

i believe the reason is because the co thinks our marriage is a fraud. yes, we have a lot of photos, skype reports, phone call reports and a lot more. there were a lot questions asked during the interview, but the main 2 questions that everyone should get on are: 1). how do you know each other? 2). if you've never met each other in person, What made you decide to marry/engage him/her? If you've met each other before the wedding/engagement, then just answer whatever you think best for you situation. we've put in a lot of effort, time and money to get anything that we could think of as well as tips and suggestions from other people of what we should do and get, but at the end it all came down to something in the paperwork that they have on file that turned out to be fraud/material misrepresentation which could be mistakes that were made due to human errors.

Edited by Khmer2

Timeline

Why could you only answer only 50 % of the questions?

hi i just put that out off the top of my head, but there were so many questions asked and the interniew took more than 2 hrs. there were 2 questions that we failed, it's the name of the state where my wife's relative lives and the date when i first arrived in cambodia.

Timeline

Dont waste your time sudmiting documents now.

Your petition will be sent to uscis again and deny .

After that you can apply again.

But now, nothing you can do, you have said that you only answer 50% of questions, for the co that is a fraud.

And get prepare for the second application to be inquire

we failed some of the questions because my wife and i didn't know how to say and/or remember. so basically, i just have to wait for the uscis/nvc to contact me, then i can go from there right?

Timeline

Something is very wrong here. You didn't get the usual denied because you didn't show evidence of a bonafide relationship. But denied for "fraud/material misrepresentation ground."

What exactly did you submit? Was their previous petitions?

Filing again gets you no where if you don't know why they think you have a fraud /Misrep. You need to find out what was said so wait you must..

hello sir,

i could not think of any documents that made the co think of us that way unless there were errors somewhere. this is the first petition i filed for my wife. i've attached a refusal sheet from the co for you guys to look.

post-187990-0-47178200-1403500105_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Back up here...you didn't give enough details.....you filed a I-130 for a CR1 visa and the CO didn't believe you have a bona fide marriage.

Did he mention the reason he suspected fraud other than that he believes you are not bona fide ?

Were all your documents in order or did he say you misrepresented yourself on one ?

Has there been a previous application for any visa type ? Tourist, K1, Diversity ?

CR1's do not expire so the above comment that you simply file again by one poster is incorrect.

A CO can not revoke your petition, only USCIS can, therefore after your case returns to USCIS you will receive a NOID/NOIR

letter addressing the issues the CO found and you will have a certain time in which to submit your rebuttal.

Then you wait if USCIS accepts or denies it. If denied you correct the issue(s) and file again.

You will have a good chance to be reaffirmed IF you address the issues they don't like.

Your lawyer is missing the boat, if you get denied on misrepresentation find a lawyer that specializes in waivers

Wait for the NOID/NOIR Letter (3-6 months) and come back here if anything is unclear.

Share exact details of how the interview went as being vague will not get you the help here you need.

as for evidence of genuiness, we submitted lots of signed and notarized docs from local authorities and the usual stuff like wedding photos, records of us calling/talking to each others and many more. i don't remember all of the questions off the top of my head, but the first question the co asked my wife was how did she know me? then he asked about how we never met in person (we met in skype everyday for 9 months before our wedding) and what made her decided to marry me? he said a lot of bs which i disgreed with like, i quote "29 is not old" when he replied to my wife's answer of the reason she decided to marry me was because she's getting older (29 yrs old) and most of her high school bff are married with 2 of 3 kids so it's time for a family of her own. And also because she thinks both of us are comparable to one another as i'm only 4 yrs older than her, have a full time job and not someone who spends most of his time at the casino or drinking his life away. He also asked if she has relatives living in the usa, and she answered "yes, she has a third cousin living in the usa" then he asked where and she couldn't say the name of the city/state (philadelphia/pennsylvania) so i asked the co if i could answer it for her which he said yes with hesitation.

he did not mention the reason he suspected fraud other than that he believes our relationship is not a bonafide relationship.

i believe we had everything in order and there was no word from the co regarding misrepresentation until the end when he gave us the refusal sheet.

there's no previous application for any visa type, Tourist, K1, Diversity.

thank you for the info. i've uploaded a refusal sheet from the co for you to look at and maybe you could help me with some more ideas of what to do and not to do.

post-187990-0-04674700-1403504047_thumb.jpg

Timeline

"You will have a good chance to be reaffirmed IF you address the issues they don't like">>> what do you mean when you said "issues they don't like"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

touris visa and k1 visa and diversty visa is not stop people to get marry

tourist visa or k1 visa or diversty visa not stop him to get marry and get cr1 visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.