cessna_inspiron

I'm illegal alien and she is on social security welfare. Who would pay the fees and how?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I knew I remembered that name from somewhere. What a whacked situation indeed! :wacko::blink:

and apparently he didn't sense the sarcasm in my response and thinks we're buddies - scary. Actually, I think it's Matako in disguise . . .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
and apparently he didn't sense the sarcasm in my response and thinks we're buddies - scary. Actually, I think it's Matako in disguise . . .

Kitkat1

Maybe you are right but I read his post with an element of sarcasm in it.... who knows with this guy....

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
You might want to stop calling yourself an illegal alien and use the term "out of status" instead.

An alien that never had status to begin with would not be correct in referring to himself or herself as "out of status". Illegal or unlawfully present would be correct in that case. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
You might want to stop calling yourself an illegal alien and use the term "out of status" instead.

An alien that never had status to begin with would not be correct in referring to himself or herself as "out of status". Illegal or unlawfully present would be correct in that case. :)

Not that it matters since based on his posts it sure seems there is nothing real or true here . . . but he says he entered legally on a tourist visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

I'm an illegal alien, don't have a work permit and the US citizen who's supposed to marry and file petition for me is on social security welfare. In this case, if she wants to file petition, who is supposed to pay it? how?

Social security welfare isn't going to cover the fees, she has to. And she also has to be above the 125% poverty line... not sure that is possible with what social security pays out.

Since you are here illegally, you do know that if you've overstayed your visa by a considerable time, you may be forced to return to your home country for 3 or 10 years?

Thanks. I haven't been overstaying for 180 days as of today. If she is unable to be above 125% poverty line, then I have relatives who can come forward and provide a co-sponsorship. If all my relatives turn their backs on me, I will go from door to door to find me a sponsor. I believe it's not gonna be a huge problem.

But I heard once somewhere that if the US citizen receives social security benefit/welfare then the government would consider it and may want to waive the fees. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

It's not a big deal. If she can't come up with the money, then I will most probably sell this dell desktop that I'm using at 12:41 AM in the morning to come up with the cash. But finding a co-sponsor is going to be tricky anyways.

Thanks again for giving a damn about my post. I really need a lot of information but don't have money to consult/take professional help from a lawyer.

Hi Cesna!...it seems you are confusing things..from the threads offered here to read related to your situation. I did not read all of them or their posts...a couple were enough to think, maybe one crucial thing: in my opinion, in Novembre Aussiewhench gave you the right advice of what to do, asap, my question is: why you did not do nothing since then? and here you are 3 months after, and still nothing while the time is running and you put at risk your situation. You seem quite educated to me, but boy you are delaying what's most important, take care of you; you can not take care of your girlfirend if you can not take care of you, that begining with waking up and think more seriously.

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

I'm an illegal alien, don't have a work permit and the US citizen who's supposed to marry and file petition for me is on social security welfare. In this case, if she wants to file petition, who is supposed to pay it? how?

Social security welfare isn't going to cover the fees, she has to. And she also has to be above the 125% poverty line... not sure that is possible with what social security pays out.

Since you are here illegally, you do know that if you've overstayed your visa by a considerable time, you may be forced to return to your home country for 3 or 10 years?

Thanks. I haven't been overstaying for 180 days as of today. If she is unable to be above 125% poverty line, then I have relatives who can come forward and provide a co-sponsorship. If all my relatives turn their backs on me, I will go from door to door to find me a sponsor. I believe it's not gonna be a huge problem.

But I heard once somewhere that if the US citizen receives social security benefit/welfare then the government would consider it and may want to waive the fees. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

It's not a big deal. If she can't come up with the money, then I will most probably sell this dell desktop that I'm using at 12:41 AM in the morning to come up with the cash. But finding a co-sponsor is going to be tricky anyways.

Thanks again for giving a damn about my post. I really need a lot of information but don't have money to consult/take professional help from a lawyer.

Hi Cesna!...it seems you are confusing things..from the threads offered here to read related to your situation. I did not read all of them or their posts...a couple were enough to think, maybe one crucial thing: in my opinion, in Novembre Aussiewhench gave you the right advice of what to do, asap, my question is: why you did not do nothing since then? and here you are 3 months after, and still nothing while the time is running and you put at risk your situation. You seem quite educated to me, but boy you are delaying what's most important, take care of you; you can not take care of your girlfirend if you can not take care of you, that begining with waking up and think more seriously.

Troll's only come out when someone feeds them !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Boy oh Boy, I work for Cessna Aircraft Co. in wichita Kansas. The fee's to date for me are $170, I expect her medical to be $100, and I saw a consolate fee of $130. If my math is any good at all thats $400. Suck it up and pay the fees if you can't your only a burden on society, Sorry, my opinion only!

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I gotta say this thread is mad funny. But being the most ignorant of the forum, what is a troll.? I mean I know what a troll is, but I don't get in in terms of an "illegal" immigrant. Or is it just a put-down in genral with no real reference to an immigrant at all? Or is just a name for "cessna? At any rate, thanks everyone for information on my quesstions. And thanks for the entertainment.

Her I-130

1-16-2007 sent

1-19-2007 NOA1

2-1-2007 Touch

4-30-2007 Approved

Her I-129F

1-23-2007 sent (but sent it to Vermont)

2-16-2007 resent a new package

2-26-2007 NOA1

3-2-2007 NOA1 (The one I sent to Vermont...Ugh)

3-2-2007 Sent to Vermont

3-6-2007 Went to "Satelitte Center" to talk about having 2 I-129Fs

3-7-2007 Touch

3-9-2007 Touch

3-12-2007 Touch

3-12-2007 Sent to Vermont

3-13-2007 Touch

3-14-2007 Touch

4-30-2007 Both approved

5-04-2007 The One I sent to Vermont is the one the goes to embassy from NVC

Timeline

Troll = fake poster, only here to make trouble.

No relationship to illegal immigrant.

He was already banned, thank god.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought the PC term was "Undocumented"?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I thought the PC term was "Undocumented"?

Well I'm not generally very PC - I call a spade a spade (and I have quite a few friends who are illegal immigrants so it's not an anti-whatever thing, just the truth).

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think we should all help the OP out and donate via Paypal so he can straighten this whole thing out :D

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.