Beautifulday

nvc - "its been forwarded to your consulate, your petition didnt go thru us"

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I might be of some help. I got NOA2 May16. This week will be 5 weeks. NVC does not have it. I have called USCIS repeatedly to find out where my petition is. At one point, bc on the USCIS website, it stated "your approved petition has been forwarded to the listed consulate" someone told me "well then, it has been sent to the embassy." I posted a topic on here asking if that was the case, was told basically," no" and I should look into why my case hadn't left Texas. So back to calling and emailing.

Last week, USCIS site updated again, and I got sent ANOTHER NOA2. Same exact info on it, same Valid Dates as the May approval, just a different notice date. this worried me further. More calling.
Got through to tier 2 on Monday. Explained that I had received 2 exact NOA2s just diff dates, and asked why my approved petition had not been forwarded to NVC. She put in an email request to Texas. Last night, at 9 pm, I get a text and my case is updated again stating that "the approved petition has been sent to NVC" (paraphrasing slightly). So, for whatever reason, back in May, my petition was NOT sent out. And per latest update, it now has been. I shall now wait and contact NVC later this week in the hopes they actually get it.

Overall, I would contact USCIS and request where is your petition. Have them email the service center. And keep calling till you get an answer. (in my not so nice opinion- the service centers don't know which end is up)

Best of Luck.

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I might be of some help. I got NOA2 May16. This week will be 5 weeks. NVC does not have it. I have called USCIS repeatedly to find out where my petition is. At one point, bc on the USCIS website, it stated "your approved petition has been forwarded to the listed consulate" someone told me "well then, it has been sent to the embassy." I posted a topic on here asking if that was the case, was told basically," no" and I should look into why my case hadn't left Texas. So back to calling and emailing.

Last week, USCIS site updated again, and I got sent ANOTHER NOA2. Same exact info on it, same Valid Dates as the May approval, just a different notice date. this worried me further. More calling.

Got through to tier 2 on Monday. Explained that I had received 2 exact NOA2s just diff dates, and asked why my approved petition had not been forwarded to NVC. She put in an email request to Texas. Last night, at 9 pm, I get a text and my case is updated again stating that "the approved petition has been sent to NVC" (paraphrasing slightly). So, for whatever reason, back in May, my petition was NOT sent out. And per latest update, it now has been. I shall now wait and contact NVC later this week in the hopes they actually get it.

Overall, I would contact USCIS and request where is your petition. Have them email the service center. And keep calling till you get an answer. (in my not so nice opinion- the service centers don't know which end is up)

Best of Luck.

well dang....but tell me, what does it say on your noa2, both of em? does it look mention anything bout being sent to the nvc, does it look like mine: http://i.imgur.com/o0RetkN.jpg

Timeline

well dang....but tell me, what does it say on your noa2, both of em? does it look mention anything bout being sent to the nvc, does it look like mine: http://i.imgur.com/o0RetkN.jpg

Until last week, it said what yours does about being sent to the consulate.

I started calling a LOT, and then now I am updated to the point where they have sent it NVC.

I had seen where others got their updates quickly after getting NOA2 which was why I figured something was up with mine.

does it? cause i googled noa2 and they all seem to say that they been forwarded to the NVC.......this is the very picture of ours, it doesnt say nothing bout the nvc:

]

Careful. Your alien number is still there. I removed it from your post. Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Until last week, it said what yours does about being sent to the consulate.

I started calling a LOT, and then now I am updated to the point where they have sent it NVC.

I had seen where others got their updates quickly after getting NOA2 which was why I figured something was up with mine.

you mean the very first noa2 u got said nothig bout the nvc , just like mine does in this pic? cuz im asking bout the physical noa2 and not their online case status think

Timeline

Oh, and to be clear- call USCIS. NVC cannot help you if they don't have the file.

you mean the very first noa2 u got said nothig bout the nvc , just like mine does in this pic? cuz im asking bout the physical noa2 and not their online case status think

Correct.

Both of the actual paper NOA2's I got, said what yours does.

Timeline

Oh, and to be clear- call USCIS. NVC cannot help you if they don't have the file.

Correct.

Both of the actual paper NOA2's I got, said what yours does.

so ur saying theres no way that the thing is at my consulate?

and ur also saying that we should be all over the USCIS and not the NVC, but when the fiance called the cali service center they said it takes up to 90 days for the nvc to receive the petition from them so how can u even argue with that if its only been 2 months for us?

Timeline

so ur saying theres no way that the thing is at my consulate?

and ur also saying that we should be all over the USCIS and not the NVC, but when the fiance called the cali service center they said it takes up to 90 days for the nvc to receive the petition from them so how can u even argue with that if its only been 2 months for us?

I do not think it has left USCIS service center. Sorry.

Yes, contact USCIS, ask to speak to tier 2/supervisor. Tell them your approved petition is stuck there, and has not been forwarded to NVC.

Timeline

I do not think it has left USCIS service center. Sorry.

Yes, contact USCIS, ask to speak to tier 2/supervisor. Tell them your approved petition is stuck there, and has not been forwarded to NVC.

will do. are they gonna be able to look into the system and see whether they havent sent it off to nvc yet

btw whats the nr to call? im confused

Edited by Beautifulday

Timeline

will do. are they gonna be able to look into the system and see whether they havent sent it off to nvc yet

btw whats the nr to call? im confused

Number is 800-375-5283

All the people I spoke to, even after I specifically asked them to track the barcode and tell me where it was, said they could not. So, whether that is accurate or not, I do not know. But none of them would do it for me.

They are able to email the service center and request a supervisor pull your file and look into why it has not made it to NVC. For me, that turn around time was fairly quick, but I was told it could take up to 2 weeks to hear something back.

Timeline

Oh, and the wait time on hold to speak to a Tier 2 person was always more than 1.5 hours. At one point it was 3.5 hours. So plan on having time to sit and wait.

I would also advise you to not let them tell you to wait longer. It has been too long as it is. Be polite as you can be while being firm in that you expect something to be done.

Timeline

Number is 800-375-5283

All the people I spoke to, even after I specifically asked them to track the barcode and tell me where it was, said they could not. So, whether that is accurate or not, I do not know. But none of them would do it for me.

They are able to email the service center and request a supervisor pull your file and look into why it has not made it to NVC. For me, that turn around time was fairly quick, but I was told it could take up to 2 weeks to hear something back.

will do all this, thank you. tho the nvc told fiance they will investigate and they asked for a scan of the noa2 and he emailed that to em and its been almost 2 weeks now.....

on the uscis website it doesnt say anything but "

On April 18, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

and thats been the case ever since i can remember. will anything change if ANYTHING CHANGES?

cuz i mean i thought the case nr that the nvc assigns is the one u can follow the further process....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Nope, that's exactly what ours said, too. It went to NVC, got a case number, nice person at NVC walked me through what to expect for the rest of our petition, etc.

You definitely need to find out where your packet o'data is! When your fiancé calls back, he needs to escalate the call to the next customer service level. Be sure to use the word escalate, so that everyone is on the same page about needing a tier II service person.

Good luck!

(Edited to add: btw, most of the time, they give you the option to be called back if it's a long queue to talk to someone higher up. Take it - I've used it several times now, and they do actually always call back, right on time.)

Edited by kehills

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

does it? cause i googled noa2 and they all seem to say that they been forwarded to the NVC.......this is the very picture of ours, it doesnt say nothing bout the nvc:

http://i.imgur.com/EPSEPYt.jpg

My approval notice from the USCIS also states the same information. However, I received an email from the USCIS that indicates the that the approved petition was shipped to the Department of State. See below for the exact wording that was in the email. It should also be on the USCIS case status website. Just enter the number they gave you on your NOA1

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On June 17, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

My advice is to talk to tier2. I have a friend who got approved, but her case only got to nvc 9 weeks later, because uscis instead of sending it to nvc, they sent it to nrc, which is the record department at uscis, i think. she actually had her senators and congressman involved until they figured out where the file was. I;m not saying it's the same case here, but if your file hasn't reached nvc, then it's still in uscis hands.

Good luck!

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.